Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in D12

Options
  • 06-02-2015 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm in the market for a property in D12 general area. I'd be very interested to hear of any roads or area that are particularly pleasant/very undesireable. I have a budget of up to 290,000 and want a spacious enough 3bed house with off street parking. I'm a single applicant so I'd be supplementing my mortgage with renting out the other 2 rooms. Therefore I would need; 2 bathrooms, parking and proximity to town, transport, LUAS etc. Looking forward to some responses.. This is my first thread :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Dublin 12 is a vast area and quite different from one area to the next.
    Have you any particular parts of D12 in mind or are unfamiliar with the area in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Dublin 12 is a vast area and quite different from one area to the next.

This!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

I'm in the market for a property in D12 general area. I'd be very interested to hear of any roads or area that are particularly pleasant/very undesireable. I have a budget of up to 290,000 and want a spacious enough 3bed house with off street parking. I'm a single applicant so I'd be supplementing my mortgage with renting out the other 2 rooms. Therefore I would need; 2 bathrooms, parking and proximity to town, transport, LUAS etc. Looking forward to some responses.. This is my first thread :-)

I'd highly recommend any of the houses located in the triangle bound by these three roads in Walkinstown:
    • Walkinstown Road
    • Cromwell's Fort Road
    • St. Agnes Road / Crumlin Village

These houses are big, solidly built (all the upstairs walls are solid brick, not partition), the area is nice, as are the neighbours. The location is great too. If i was still in the market, with €300K, that's the area I'd go for. The local kids are well behaved too. Alas, I couldn't afford it and had to settle, happily enough though, for Drimnagh, just behind the children's hospital.

Also, the age demographic of that area is such that a lot of the houses pop up onto the market quite frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

Sundrive road might be a good option for you , stretching from super valu in kimmage to the Crumlin road , it has a lot of lage semi detached houses with a lot of shared accom type properties on it.
    I would say a lot of these houses are being rented out
    Good transport also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Any of the roads leading to the Walkinstown library are lovely. Houses are well built and it's a lovely friendly area too.

• Advertisement

fatbhoy wrote: »
    I'd highly recommend any of the houses located in the triangle bound by these three roads in Walkinstown:
    • Walkinstown Road
    • Cromwell's Fort Road
    • St. Agnes Road / Crumlin Village

These houses are big, solidly built (all the upstairs walls are solid brick, not partition), the area is nice, as are the neighbours. The location is great too. If i was still in the market, with €300K, that's the area I'd go for. The local kids are well behaved too. Alas, I couldn't afford it and had to settle, happily enough though, for Drimnagh, just behind the children's hospital.

Also, the age demographic of that area is such that a lot of the houses pop up onto the market quite frequently.

I would agree, but I would amend it to extend to covering the areas within..
    • Drimnagh Rd.,
    • Walkinstown Rd.,
    • St Peters Rd.,
    • Whitehall Rd,
    • Kimmage Rd West.
    • St. Agnes Rd.,
    • St. Mary's Rd,.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rathmoresham

Thanks a million for all of the great advice on the vast area that is D12. Along with the roads already mentioned I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on; dolphin rd. (overlooking the canal), clogher rd., stannaway rd., and last of all Old County Glen/Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

Thanks a million for all of the great advice on the vast area that is D12. Along with the roads already mentioned I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on; dolphin rd. (overlooking the canal), clogher rd., stannaway rd., and last of all Old County Glen/Rd.

Stannaway road is a good road . As its busy there is little anti social behaviour
    I grew up on stannaway and had no problems , good parks either end of it too with plenty of football every weekend if that's your thing

the other roads you mention seemed quiet enough to me aswell

Dolphin Rd, road is too busy, kids drinking along the canal during the summer, sporadic anti social behaviour.
    Clogher Rd, again a busy road, depends on which part you are considering.
    Stannaway Rd, see post above.
    Old County Rd, for me definitely no. Avoid.
    Basically a shopping thoroughfare with very little parking, so cars are left parked on footpaths in front of gates etc. A pub with a bad rep. And a medical centre with limited parking that causes further congestion on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 emaher08

Hi all, I know this has been on the go awhile but we too are currently on the hunt for property in D12 we are in love with the area of Rockfield/Fernhill/Greentrees Road. If anyone was to hear of anyone interested in selling we would greatly appreciate it. They do not come up that often- but we would love reasonable living condition too. Guess it can't help to ask :) Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
Advertisement