Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[B]Renaming Bypass Bridge[/B]

• 06-02-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭

I see that some genius of a councillor has decided that he wants to change the name of this bridge to " cummann na mBan" bridge.....jeez what a plonker:mad:

Its even worse than the previous name which was something like " Shannon Way "

And he will probably succeed if we let him.

I can think of a thousand names better than that s****e....

How about Austerity Bridge

there's one for starters :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

There's no need to name a bridge. We've been calling it the bypass bridge for years and that's worked fine! As long as we don't get as bad as Galway and start naming the roundabouts aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I never even knew it had a name.

Should name it the "Titsy Quinn Bridge" in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    There's no need to name a bridge. We've been calling it the bypass bridge for years and that's worked fine! As long as we don't get as bad as Galway and start naming the roundabouts aswell!

I'd personally love if they named the bridges and roundabouts. Double win - famous local figures get a mention and you can identify exactly where you are if you get lost.

Some bridges are more worthy of names than others!

article-0-0C22542300000578-757_634x502.jpg

as opposed to
    441111860_cf82411ac2_m.jpg
    So photogenic that it was hard to find any pictures at all.

London bridge doesn't have a name. It's a bridge in London, called "London Bridge".

And also, it's situated over the middle of a giant sewer. Whatever about photogenic, that dog can at least have a swim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

London bridge doesn't have a name. It's a bridge in London, called "London Bridge".

And also, it's situated over the middle of a giant sewer. Whatever about photogenic, that dog can at least have a swim.

Is it not called Tower Bridge?

You must be at least this picturesque to have a name :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

martin1 wrote: »
    I see that some genius of a councillor has decided that he wants to change the name of this bridge to " cummann na mBan" bridge.....jeez what a plonker:mad:

Its even worse than the previous name which was something like " Shannon Way "

And he will probably succeed if we let him.

I can think of a thousand names better than that s****e....

How about Austerity Bridge

there's one for starters :P

They should call it Job Bridge

Meleftone wrote: »
    Is it not called Tower Bridge?

Yes :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Name it in honor of the Councillor who wants to name it, "Bandits' Bypass".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

To me it's always been call the New Bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Some bridges are more worthy of names than others!

article-0-0C22542300000578-757_634x502.jpg

as opposed to
    441111860_cf82411ac2_m.jpg
    So photogenic that it was hard to find any pictures at all.

It's no Swords Estuary Bridge anyway. Now that's a motoroway bridge if ever I saw one :p

8684833584_90562377e7.jpg

tubos wrote: »

Malahide you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

tubos wrote: »

Malahide you mean?

This is the Swords end, or the Broadmeadow estuary is probably more precise as its the broadmeadow river that feeds into it. Malahide people wouldn't want to be associated with that end!!

Advertisement