Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC DCG project

• 06-02-2015 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I did not submit my project on time and now it's way over the deadline, does that mean the maximum points I could get is only 60?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Chuchi wrote: »
    I did not submit my project on time and now it's way over the deadline, does that mean the maximum points I could get is only 60?

AFAIK, the project is worth 160 out of 400, so yes, absolutely full marks on the exam would give you 60%.
    Your grade as it appears on your results will also have a * beside it, to indicate a missing element of the exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

Chuchi wrote: »

Yes. Unless you were in hospital last few months and have a medical cert to prove it, I presume (but not 100%) that you would get some help then

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There isn't a later date, there are cases where hospitalisation MIGHT be taken into account - not always.

Why should someone be allowed just not hand it up and then get extra time compared to everyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

As I said if you had medical proof of hospitalisation for a long period for example the school would talk to the sec for you. Other than that there is one deadline

I don't see how it's unprofessional of sec when it was planned that way. The envelopes are never out until end of feb due to exam numbers not being issued by the closing date.
    The closing date used to be end of feb for projevts with an October start date but this was clashing with most schools mock exams so they moved it back to avoid this to help schools.
    The letter I got in September clearly stated that deadline was jan. Projects would be sent away end of feb.
    It's the same as construction projects deadline 24th April or something like that but they don't get corrected until June.
    It makes no difference either way to a deadline

Advertisement