Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 5 not making or receiving calls

• 06-02-2015 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

My phone is showing a full signal with 3g network. I cannot receive or make any calls or texts. I have replaced the sim card and reset network settings but it is still not working. I have checked with o2 and they seem to think it is an issue with the phone. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭jay2k6ie

jack01986 wrote: »
    My phone is showing a full signal with 3g network. I cannot receive or make any calls or texts. I have replaced the sim card and reset network settings but it is still not working. I have checked with o2 and they seem to think it is an issue with the phone. Any suggestions?

Sounds like the phone might be black listed. Where did you buy it from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭jack01986

jay2k6ie wrote: »
    Sounds like the phone might be black listed. Where did you buy it from?

I've heard that. I have owned it from new and got it sim free as part of an offer through a company. All legitimate.

I've heard that. I have owned it from new and got it sim free as part of an offer through a company. All legitimate.

Thats interesting. Try turning off 3G and then restart the phone, see if it works with 3G off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

If it's sim free try another provider's sim in it. How about iMessage, is that working?

Turned 3g off and it started to work again but it keeps dropping signal now. iMessages were working but I had wifi at the time. Its a weird one.

• Advertisement

Turned 3g off and it started to work again but it keeps dropping signal now. iMessages were working but I had wifi at the time. Its a weird one.

Ok I'm 99.9% sure now thats a baseband issue. If im right the bad news is the baseband needs to be changed which is not possible by anybody except Apple.

If you're still covered by your warranty and theres no physical/water damage to the phone Apple may fix that for you, otherwise you're kind of snookered.

jay2k6ie wrote: »
    Ok I'm 99.9% sure now thats a baseband issue. If im right the bad news is the baseband needs to be changed which is not possible by anybody except Apple.

If you're still covered by your warranty and theres no physical/water damage to the phone Apple may fix that for you, otherwise you're kind of snookered.

Right I don't think there is any warranty on it left. Oh well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

A friend had a similar issue with a 4s that was bought on Vodafone contract. It was well out of warranty and it kept loosing signal until she took out the sim and put it back in and it might only work for a few mins. I unlocked it and it has worked fine since on 02 and then three.

Advertisement