Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed Rate Options BOI

Options
  • 06-02-2015 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

What would you choose for your mortgage repayment rate:-

2 year Fixed @ 3.80%
    3 year fixed @ 3.85%
    5 year fixed @ 3.95%
    10 year fixed @ 4.5%

Any options appreciated... we need to get off our rip off Variable rate and these are the new offerings from BOI...

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

None. Switch away from BoI and get a better rate elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mellowbird

Just looked at consumerhelp.ie to see how BOI fixed rates compare to other banks for those same years you mentioned, it's pretty competitive.

After EBS dropped its variable rate in December last year, my rate went from 4.05% to 3.8%. So with that still fresh in my mind, I would say 2 year 3.8%, in case interest rates drop further and you'll be kicking yourself for fixing it for 5 or 10 years. That's my 2 cents anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

rochestown wrote: »
    What would you choose for your mortgage repayment rate:-

2 year Fixed @ 3.80%
    3 year fixed @ 3.85%
    5 year fixed @ 3.95%
    10 year fixed @ 4.5%

Any options appreciated... we need to get off our rip off Variable rate and these are the new offerings from BOI...

Thanks...

Realistically European interest rates will be low for a while. If youve equity in your home its worth shopping around as advised already.

Advertisement