Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Advice needed on iPhone Photos and iCloud for a non iPhone user

• 06-02-2015 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

My client was asking me about his iPhone today. He uses his iPhone 5 (i think it's 5) for both personal and business purposes. It's using the latest software 8.1.3.

When he takes photos on the phone he wants them uploaded to iCloud. Then he wants to delete them from the phone with the assurity that they're backed up on iCloud.

I've changed the settings on his phone to ensure that the photos are now automatically uploaded to iCloud. However, the problem is that when I delete them from the "All Photos" album they delete from iCloud. See a screenshot of his photo galleries on the phone below. There are no other galleries other than the ones in the screenshot. Any help would be appreciated.

2mn0n02.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

ICloud iPhoto Library is for syncing, not backing up.

Why does he want to delete them? If it's to save space he'd be better of using Dropbox or something. ICloud is not a substitute for buying a device with sufficient storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Mike_Eile

ICloud iPhoto Library is for syncing, not backing up.

Why does he want to delete them? If it's to save space he'd be better of using Dropbox or something. ICloud is not a substitute for buying a device with sufficient storage.

Ok, I understand. Thanks for replying. Basically he has personal photos and work photos in the one gallery and if he's with a client and showing him work photos then he doesn't want to be scrolling through his personal photos at the same time.

I'll suggest Dropbox. I downloaded it for him today but it doesn't work with his computer as he's Windows XP. I'll be suggesting a new computer and I'll get back to him then regarding Dropbox.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The other option is just to put work photos in a work album, and not bother with deleting anything.

Advertisement