Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to rent in the town centre considering Olympia Court and Railway Square

Options
  • 06-02-2015 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I am looking to rent a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment in the town centre , I am considering Olympia Court or Railway Square. The railway square are bigger nicer and have 2 bedrooms but they are also 150 euro more expensive , you also have to pay 50 euro a month for parking so its really 200 a month more expensive. So can I get opinions on what these two apartment blocks are like please, other options are poleberry and the infirmary so would like opinions on here also but Railway square and Olympia court would be my preference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stewiegriffin!

Im in the same boat want to know peoples opinions of where to rent in waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 AviationUK

Not Railway Square, a lot of upheaval/tension there right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

AviationUK wrote: »
    Not Railway Square, a lot of upheaval/tension there right now.

Why is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 AviationUK

It's becoming the Eastern European ghetto of Waterford, the Romanians there had to be moved to Tramore to stop the local mobs from lynching them, they smashed up all the windows and houses there! Although one of them did rape a school girl...

The play park is disgusting there, half finished beer cans/bottles all over the place and needles in the train etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

I lived in Olympia Court for 2 years, would definitely recommend it, especially as rent has come down so much. Very central and far enough away from the street that it's relatively quiet. Very secure and lovely apartments. I lived in the last block on the top floor, number 28 I think, and on a summers day it always felt like I was on holidays with the amount of light coming in and the style of the apartments!The landlord, Ollie, is sound as well.

My brother lived in Railway Square. I certainly wouldn't live there. Miles of corridor, loads of students, big apartment complex, not my cup of tea at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement