Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah mod selective banning

Options
  • 06-02-2015 8:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Re: You have been banned
    Yeah, I am serious. You've had plenty of warnings before to curb your attitude and you continue to refuse. If you didn't have a history of insulting other users, you wouldn't be banned. It's that simple.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by evo2000
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by humanji
    Dear evo2000,

You have been banned from After Hours for one week for personal abuse.

This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

humanji

Moderator Note

You've been told before to cut the attitude and stop insulting people. So try and remember that this time.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by evo2000 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BMMachine View Post
    you can't back up your opinion with information and facts. all those words you have said there mean nothing. back up your opinion
    Jesus your actually are thick as the wall, not only did the other lad explain what i ment since you couldnt grasp it, but now thats not good enough you need me to explain it again, i get it dude your a slow learner but give it a break with the pestering,

Ill give you a reply with lots of facts and things to back it up

Then you ll reply with "Oh your so uneducated blah ****in blah" and whats worse you cant even be civil about it, and on top of that you tried this last night made a complete ass of yourself...

Your like a broken record lad give it a break..

Hold on now a min, its very easy to pick out a post like that and just go along and ban me but, i reported a lad 4 times in that very same thread and not a peep out of ye mods, if you took the time to read you would see that the poster i was replying to was constantly badgering me and others, all the while calling everyone that had a difference of opinion on the thread uneducated and stupid.

And yet im the one banned ? are you serious?

Alot of people in the thread agreed with me, i reposted about 8 times i wasnt intrested in replying to this person as they couldnt be civil, i reported several of his posts where he was being a abusive to me and alot of other people over a 2 day period, to no avail no mod response,

According to this mod, if you ve be banned once you ll always be the guilty party regardless, i mean how is it fair i was banned when he was constantly pestering me, i reported it and nothing.. had the mod done there job and removed the person that was cause the disruptions in the first place i wouldnt have had to reply like i did.

The modding is awfully selective and borderline biased at times..

Can i please be unbanned as this ban is unwarranted and unfair ive taken my lumps before when i have been in the wrong in all fairness this time its clear to see i wasnt the cause and tried my best to avoid it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Is this related to your other appeal?
    The one in which you said that you were going to discuss it with the mod.
    We are still awaiting your feedback on that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Is this related to your other appeal?
    The one in which you said that you were going to discuss it with the mod.
    We are still awaiting your feedback on that.

No i discussed that with the mod and have served the ban, this is a separate incident

sooo...

evo2000 wrote: »
    sooo...
    I got so excited about the Six Nations opener & the creamy pints in my local - I completely missed your gentle reminder to deal with your appeal at 11:20 on a Friday night. My bad.

I'll get to this over the weekend.

Sooo... Where do I start?

Let's make a few things clear first...
    You reported 2 posts in that thread, neither by the member referred to above.
    Mod actions on members are not always clear to others - we have many ways to deal with reported posts.
    The actions of others are never an excuse for your own behaviour.
    Just because others in the thread agree with you does not make you right.
    The mod never said that once you have been banned, you will always be guilty.

Now to your appeal...
    You seem to feel that you have been unfairly treated by being banned for insulting others. You feel that you have been 'pestered' by another poster. (The fact that you had to reply '8 times' to say you weren't interested in replying makes me wonder who was pestering whom.)

I have reviewed your post & the lead up to it. You persistently posted in an insulting & abrasive manner (which you admit you report other members for - ironic, no?). In the recent past you have received several warnings, infractions, bans & even a siteban for abusive behaviour. This is yet another instance.

You need to realize that your posting style is not acceptable. If you continue posting in the same manner your posting privileges will be further restricted.

Simply put - stop rubbing other members up the wrong way & you won't get banned any more. If someone else is bugging you - report the post & walk away from your keyboard. Do not reply 8 times to tell them you are not interested - ignore them.

Ban upheld.

Please indicate if you wish to appeal to an Admin.

tHB

• Advertisement

Sooo... Where do I start?

Let's make a few things clear first...
    You reported 2 posts in that thread, neither by the member referred to above.
    Mod actions on members are not always clear to others - we have many ways to deal with reported posts.
    The actions of others are never an excuse for your own behaviour.
    Just because others in the thread agree with you does not make you right.
    The mod never said that once you have been banned, you will always be guilty.

Now to your appeal...
    You seem to feel that you have been unfairly treated by being banned for insulting others. You feel that you have been 'pestered' by another poster. (The fact that you had to reply '8 times' to say you weren't interested in replying makes me wonder who was pestering whom.)

I have reviewed your post & the lead up to it. You persistently posted in an insulting & abrasive manner (which you admit you report other members for - ironic, no?). In the recent past you have received several warnings, infractions, bans & even a siteban for abusive behaviour. This is yet another instance.

You need to realize that your posting style is not acceptable. If you continue posting in the same manner your posting privileges will be further restricted.

Simply put - stop rubbing other members up the wrong way & you won't get banned any more. If someone else is bugging you - report the post & walk away from your keyboard. Do not reply 8 times to tell them you are not interested - ignore them.

Ban upheld.

tHB

Lets make a few things clear is right, ill get your lie out of the way first and foremost had you actually reviewed it instead of lying about reviewing it there would have been no wondering it is plain as day to see who was pestering i do believe i even at one point wrote in bold "I have no intrest in replying to anything your saying as you ll just go back to calling anyone with a difference of opinion to you stupid and uneducated ect ect every time you have the urge to reply to me please re-read this thanks" then as i ignored him several other posters answered his question, but this did not stop the badgering!

But of course this person was allowed to continue by the mods, then of course when one person finally does bite, they are the ones that are banned, now im sure you ve common sense enough to see your treating symptoms instead of the actual cause in these cases...

Can you see now why one would have a quarrel with the way mods selectively use there power? all the while allowing people to continue on in a provocative and insulting manner...but banning the people that eventually tell em off for being insulting and abusive ??

Please do not insult me, he neither got a warning or an infraction or a ban for that matter had he got a warning for his first insult he would have broken it with his 2nd 3rd and 4th insults of not just me but other people on the thread, so please less of the lies. (Me getting banned for being "insulting and abusive" yet the people i report getting away with worse Ironic no?)

Also your friday night post ive no doubt that was a sly dig id probably have been banned had a wrote something like that!

The behaviour of others is no excuse for your own behaviour. If you are not satisfied that a reported post has been actioned - PM the mods. If you get no satisfaction, then PM a CMod.

I am not going to comment on other member's behaviour in that thread. The appeals process relates to your actions only. And in that thread your actions warranted a ban. You need to step back & not get drawn in to arguments in future.

As for my Friday night comment - you would do well to remember that we are volunteers with real lives to live. We do not exist to be at your beck & call.

The behaviour of others is no excuse for your own behaviour. If you are not satisfied that a reported post has been actioned - PM the mods. If you get no satisfaction, then PM a CMod.

I am not going to comment on other member's behaviour in that thread. The appeals process relates to your actions only. And in that thread your actions warranted a ban. You need to step back & not get drawn in to arguments in future.

As for my Friday night comment - you would do well to remember that we are volunteers with real lives to live. We do not exist to be at your beck & call.

You see this is the problem, when ye mods are called out on something ye go straight to that "im not commenting on such and such" as a sheild it has every relevancy to my ban...we are after all trying to resolve a dispute are we not?

You d do well to remember your only a volunteer on a website aswell yourself, stop talking in such a pompous manner practically trying to talk down to people you wouldn't do it real life so less of it on here talk like a normal person.

With that said i would like to speak to an admin

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You have a history of abusive behaviour towards other posters and once more not being able to rein it in is what earned you the ban, justifiably imo. So on that basis, the ban is upheld and will not be overturned.

However not satisfied with abusing posters in AH, you carry on abusing a CMod here and call them a liar. That pattern of behaviour is the sort of thing that usually leads to sitebans in the end, so I would suggest you think about your posting style in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement