Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

using old upc box

• 06-02-2015 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

So I have a UPC HD box.its not in use as I have the new horizon box.
    Can my old box be used for FTA channels?I plugged it in but just says its preparing to set up but never gets past this stage.
    What do I need to do to get FTA or is that even possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

There is no such thing as FTA on cable, other than the analogue service and this doesn't need a box of any sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

ardmacha wrote: »
    There is no such thing as FTA on cable, other than the analogue service and this doesn't need a box of any sort.

What if I was to connect my UPC box to my old sky dish?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

That won't work either, it's not a satellite reciever. It is designed solely for UPC cable networks and in fact is still owned by UPC.

Advertisement