Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salon services

Options
  • 06-02-2015 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys, I'm looking to open a salon services as we don't have one here. I can't seem to get in contact with any suppliers, only other salon services around Ireland,just wondering if anyone has any advice on moving forward with it as I'm only in the costing stage and can't go further until have an idea on stock etc. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Inns92 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm looking to open a salon services as we don't have one here. I can't seem to get in contact with any suppliers, only other salon services around Ireland,just wondering if anyone has any advice on moving forward with it as I'm only in the costing stage and can't go further until have an idea on stock etc. Thanks

Know someone who has used here & here in the past if you just want the basics. If you want a bigger range or newer to market things you need to go to UK suppliers really. This is meant to be incredibly popular they are very restrictive on new stockists though I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Inns92

Thanks jimmii , have tried flair before but need vat no etc to get prices, I know alfaparf are very select on stockists and I love their products!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Inns92 wrote: »
    Thanks jimmii , have tried flair before but need vat no etc to get prices, I know alfaparf are very select on stockists and I love their products!

VAT really isn't much work just a matter of staying on top of it. If you plan on opening a Salon you are probably going to have to anyway the threshold is very low once you are up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

How much market research have you done with salons in your area? What product do they want? How are they getting it now, and what problems with that supply chain can you solve for them?

Also, I suspect that "Salon Services" is a trademarked name of some sort, would you be buying into a franchise? If so, I'm sure they already have supplier contacts in place. (Mmmm ... maybe it's only a franchise where I come from, and not in this country ... I cannot remember if I've see that specific name here or not, but there definitely are some of the general type of business here.)

Advertisement