Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Free Agency 2015 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

okay so BRadford has to start for them to get a 2nd... is that start with us?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

That Eagles trade is off the wall.

Per Albert Breer:

"Condition to Foles/Bradford deal ... If Bradford doesn't start 8 games, Eagles get a 4th round pick back. If he's reinjured, they get a 3.."

Still doesn't make it a whole lot better. If anything does that mean the Eagles are keeping him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I wonder what are the odds of in about 3 years time Bradford gets crocked again, Eagles get scheduled to play the Rams, and Fischer sends out the picks resulting from this trade to do the coin toss like he did against the Redskins this year. I actually think it's not an unlikely situation at all.

My initial thought was that they'd deal him to the browns for one of their first round picks.
    This is crazy, I love how the rams consistently fleece people for trades!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

If hes not the starting QB in 2015, we get the 2nd pick back, so i guess hes staying in philly, does this mean then that Mariota is not wanted now

If hes not the starting QB in 2015, we get the 2nd pick back, so i guess hes staying in philly, does this mean then that Mariota is not wanted now

Unless Chip is gonna deal him to the JEts/Browns and then we get it back since he's not the starting qb right?!?

actually what was the point in given up the 2nd if we get it back by saying hes not starting, this trade makes no sense at all

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Unless Chip is gonna deal him to the JEts/Browns and then we get it back since he's not the starting qb right?!?

I guess but why would the rams agree to that

Im going to bed, my brain is melting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,403 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Rams didn't want to pay Bradford what he wanted this season so they'd have hin out of St louis.

To get 12m off their cap? And it makes them look better i guess...

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The Rams didn't want to pay Bradford what he wanted this season so they'd have hin out of St louis.

I never taught of that

I never taught of that

The Rams asked Bradford to take a pay cut he refused so it was bon voyage sam. And they probably saw the philly area code come up on the phone and went happy days.

what the actual **** so were after taking a worse,older qb with huge injury issues on massive wages and giving them extra picks as a bonus. I'm genuinely starting to freak out this had better ****ing work

are this picks confirmed thats ridiculous if they are ****ing mad trade

The Eagles official message boards are not suprisingly down atm. If there isn't another trade involved with Bradford and he actually leaves the airport in Philly then we are royally screwed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Question: who honestly thinks that Bradford is a better pawn to move up the board for Mariota than Foles?

If I was holding a higher pick I'd much rather have Foles to swap places than get Bradford who can't stay fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Bradford to start the minimum number of games for them to have to give up the 2nd rounder, then his knee falls off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

That Eagles fanbase is going to turn on Chip so fast if they start the season poorly.

Question: who honestly thinks that Bradford is a better pawn to move up the board for Mariota than Foles?

If I was holding a higher pick I'd much rather have Foles to swap places than get Bradford who can't stay fit.

a report came out months ago that foles would not be included in a trade for the jets pick as they where much more interested in getting bradford i pray to god its true because I'm not a happy camper at the moment

Oat23 wrote: »
    That Eagles fanbase is going to turn on Chip so fast if they start the season poorly.

il give the full season but we need to do well next year these trades/cuts have the potential to doom the franchise for years if they go wrong and this one in particular looks terrible it does not have a redeeming quality on its own unless there is already a deal in place with the jets

• Advertisement

a report came out months ago that foles would not be included in a trade for the jets pick as they where much more interested in getting bradford i pray to god its true because I'm not a happy camper at the moment

+1

I'm actually stunned and the more I read the trade the less sense it makes. And we taught andy Reid was bad ? Hes a member of mensa compared to chip kelly as it stands.

+1

I'm actually stunned and the more I read the trade the less sense it makes. And we taught andy Reid was bad ? Hes a member of mensa compared to chip kelly as it stands.

I'm not going to lie mate I'm freaking the **** out this is a disaster

I'm not going to lie mate I'm freaking the **** out this is a disaster

I mean imagine if we start badly and Bradford is the QB ? Philly might need to change the whole brotherly love thing and they might want to re build that jail like they had at the vet in the link.

I'm a little panicked too but i keep telling myself we don't know everything... we don't know everything... :(

I mean imagine if we start badly and Bradford is the QB ? Philly might need to change the whole brotherly love thing and they might want to re build that jail like they had at the vet in the link.

damn right I'm seeing conflicting reports now as to what the deal with draft picks is so il wait and see but if we end up giving up more to get bradford there will be keyboard riots

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I'm a little panicked too but i keep telling myself we don't know everything... we don't know everything... :(

i hope to god we dont i just saw a report saying the 2nd round pick is only if he's our starter but even if thats true Im shocked we could not get a better deal off of the rams. as easy said if bradford ends up our starter philly will go mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Been busy all day just got to check on fa moves and whatnot...nice to see nothing interesting happened today!

i hope to god we dont i just saw a report saying the 2nd round pick is only if he's our starter but even if thats true Im shocked we could not get a better deal off of the rams. as easy said if bradford ends up our starter philly will go mental

Well if he does i guess we just have to see how he does... the guy has flashed tons of talent and if Chip thinks he's the guy then he's the guy. Obv Chip will have to live and die by the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Raf32 wrote: »

• Advertisement

I'm going to bed now and when I get up in five hours time this will all have been a dream or nightmare. Good god it started out as such a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

This talk of trading up to 6 with the Jets, no guarantee that Mariota will still be there at 6!... I'd take Bradford though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Just checking in now with all the trades and deals. What the fcuk is going on?

franglan wrote: »
    This talk of trading up to 6 with the Jets, no guarantee that Mariota will still be there at 6!... I'd take Bradford though ;)

the talk is trading to 6 then to 2 or trading directly to 2.

to be honest I'm not a fan of bradford at all id do the deal just so i could get a non qb higher in the draft and start sanchez over starting bradford
    glued wrote: »
    Just checking in now with all the trades and deals. What the fcuk is going on?

anarchy absolute anarchy let it never again be said that the nfl lacks major trades

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

according to his agent Revis is heading back to New York

https://twitter.com/J1mmyM2/status/575461002055016450

contract numbers are going to be insane, but I'll worry about that some other time

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

phatkev wrote: »
    contract numbers are going to be insane, but I'll worry about that some other time

Yep, they sure are.
    5 years, $70 million with $39 million guaranteed!
    Although to be fair, he deserves be making more than the likes of Maxwell, so he's probably worth the money in that sense.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Jason Worilds retiring age 27, mental day

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

And Suh and Murray remain unsigned...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭tripperman

And Suh and Murray remain unsigned...........

wonder is dolphins waiting till 2moro to sign suh, so as to be on safe side of tampering memo sent out over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I had my wifes birthday party last night - phone in jacket - check my phone and NFL app alerts all over the place!! Absolutely mental crazy day!! Like insane - and i think its all gonna lead to the draft!!

Obviously Chip has a plan at philly - and from the reports im reading that Titans and Jets would be more willing to trade with Bradford than with Foles (Makes absolutely no sense at to me). What confuses me with this deal is the amount of picks that Rams got - argueably Foles has been a better player - because he has played the last 2 years. And if chip is going to be trading for mariota then there going to need a lot to get him! He could be single handedly ruining the eagles - a la the redskins with RG3

Packers re-signed Bulaga for 6.75 a year - happy with that! House leaving is kinda crap - purely because i thought he was the younger player but he wanted too much and the jags gave it to him!

Colts will be interesting to watch - luck will love having gore and johnson! I know that gore wont get as many hand offs - but if you consider the amount of fumbles and loosing ground - gore will give luck a reliable option on the run and keep the defenses honest!!

Pats dont seem to be up to much - never gonna be able to afford revis at those prices - well done jets! You just signed a guy who purely wanted as much money as he could possibly get.... like really!! Although i do like marshall going - and if they get a qb.... maybe bradford(better than smith) then they could be on for a much better year this year!

I think the saints could have possibly killed the whole NFL next year.... Jimmy Fricking Graham...... Seahawks!! If he blocks well in some of the option plays i think that Wilson, Lynch and him will absolutely rip teams apart!! Ouch

Gonna be another interesting day today i think with Suh to be announced - Murray to decide etc

I started typing this to go through most teams but its actually insane the amount of movement and change!! like ngata going from ravens huge - smith to 49ers! mental day - but awesome!! Pity we dont have Jim White covering this day - he definately would have a heart attack!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Locker wanted to stay with the Titans as a back up..

Whiz told him to gtfo :(:mad:

Jason Worilds retiring age 27, mental day

wow he would have gotten big money

eagles in for ryan matthews not and have signed walter thurmond this has to be the most injury prone collection of players in history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I was a big fan of Bradford when he came out of college, I thought that he was one of the most complete players at that level, but it hasnt panned out for him in the pros and we've been completely fleeced by the Rams. Regardless of how Bradford plays, and if he's healthy he could play very well for us, we gave up way too much to get him and got very little in return. If we had traded first rounders and it was clear that we were trying to get the ammo for moving up for Mariota I'd be much more in favour of this (even though I'm not sold on Mariota) but to do this and take a player that hasn't played in two years and has a huge cap number compared to Foles who showed that he could be very good...I just don't understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Pats dont seem to be up to much - never gonna be able to afford revis at those prices - well done jets! You just signed a guy who purely wanted as much money as he could possibly get.... like really!! year!

As good as Revis is, the Pats front office weren't ever going to allow a player to financially rape them. A player who will be 30 when the season is starting, just got $39 million dollars guaranteed. It was just crazy, losing the plot stuff from the Jets imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

losing the plot stuff from the Jets imo.

Weird, it's not like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

wow he would have gotten big money

eagles in for ryan matthews not and have signed walter thurmond this has to be the most injury prone collection of players in history

God dammit, I had hoped Giants would keep hold of Thurmond, despite his IR season last year.

It was just crazy, losing the plot stuff from the Jets imo.

Its definitely a Risky contract to give out but the Jets have to spend close to 50 million to avoid cap floor penalties. I'd rather they spend it on an elite player like Revis than a bunch of nobodies. also with the contract been front loaded and with the salary cap expanding at an exponential rate, it not likely that this will leave the Jets in a financial black hole down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

phatkev wrote: »
    Its definitely a Risky contract to give out but the Jets have to spend close to 50 million to avoid cap floor penalties. I'd rather they spend it on an elite player like Revis than a bunch of nobodies. also with the contract been front loaded and with the salary cap expanding at an exponential rate, it not likely that this will leave the Jets in a financial black hole down the line.

It makes sense to avoid to cap penalties and reach the 89% spend by spreading the risk across a dozen/half dozen players. Revis is elite, but they have completely guaranteed a player for $39 million dollars and that's an unprecedented risk. If Revis goes out and blows out his other ACL, you guys are completely f****d.

If Revis goes out and blows out his other ACL, you guys are completely f****d.

yeah I agree that is the risk, but if he doesnt get hurt youve got an elite corner on the team for the next three years.with the absolute state of the jets secondary has been in the last few years its a risk Im happy for the Jets to take

• Advertisement
Advertisement