Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Free Agency 2015 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Darren McFadden to the Cowboys

He hasn't been the same since he left Westlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Darren McFadden to the Cowboys
    The DMac era in Oakland is over! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans sign TE Anthony Fasano.

Expect Craig Stevens to be cut, way too much money for a guy who can only block and has caught 2 passes in about 3 years

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

nick fairley to the Rams.

Seems odd unless theyre releasing someone

mike wallace released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

mike wallace released

That was expected to be fair, could be a cheap deal for someone.
    nick fairley to the Rams.

Seems odd unless theyre releasing someone

That's exactly what the Rams need, more help on the d-line!!!

Kenny Stills traded to miami it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Kenny Stills traded to miami it seems

I get the Saints are going for the whole rebuild thing. but Stills is only 22, surely he is exactly the type of player they would have wanted to keep around. Drew Brees gonna be píssed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

The DMac era in Oakland is over! :rolleyes:

If you're giving him a nickname its RunDMC surely!

As a Cowboys fan, I'm underwhelmed by this. Big time. But he might be able to put up good numbers behind the o line. I still expect them to draft an RB though.

• Advertisement

phatkev wrote: »
    . Drew Brees gonna be very lonely at this rate

FYP

Spiller is going to the Saints

Double C wrote: »

As a Cowboys fan, I'm underwhelmed by this. Big time. But he might be able to put up good numbers behind the o line. I still expect them to draft an RB though.

It's a 2 yea $5 million deal but only 200k guaranteed so it is a shot to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Double C wrote: »

Thats his official nickname Double C, but in order for McFadden to have actually earned it, he would have needed to actually be on the pitch for an appreciable length of time!!! :D To be fair he was actually hampered by an awful O-Line and no receiving corps. But he struggled to remain healthy whilst in Oakland. I wish him better luck with Dallas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Fins are sending a 3rd round pick and Ellerbe to the Saints for Stills. Stills, Landry and Cameron are a nice trio to have on offense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

phatkev wrote: »
    Drew Brees gonna be píssed

Partly his own doing tbh. He wanted one of the biggest contracts in NFL history, he got it. Now he has to live with the consequences. Don't think theres a player in the league who's worth the 25 million cap he's eating up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Partly his own doing tbh. He wanted one of the biggest contracts in NFL history, he got it. Now he has to live with the consequences. Don't think theres a player in the league who's worth the 25 million cap he's eating up.

The guy playing qb for you guys is... and that pains me to say.. ;)

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    The guy playing qb for you guys is... and that pains me to say.. ;)

would the pats have given him that contract though? i guess they would have if brady said he was going to walk but letting revis go is just one of many examples of them sticking to there cap guns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Stills looks a cracking pick up by the Dolphins. Great value, he's got loads of potential. I think he'll do very well there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I really liked what I saw out of Tannehill last year too. It'll be interesting to see how Dolphins progress this season.

The Rams signed Nick Fairley to a 1 year $5 million deal. 31 other teams need to hang their heads in shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Surprised Lions wouldn't at least match that when their losing Suh as well.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    The Rams signed Nick Fairley to a 1 year $5 million deal. 31 other teams need to hang their heads in shame.

jesus christ thats madness is that definitely the deal

percy harvin following rex to the bills

The Rams front office need to take a bow the last few offseasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

DeAngelo Williams to the Steelers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Broncos sign Darian Stewart, S, on a two year deal to replace Rahim Moore.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/3/13/8207939/frank-gore-philadelphia-eagles-oral-history-colts

an oral history of frank gores time in philly he will always be an eagle to us in his heart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

With all these free agency moves it's almost guaranteed that I'll be watching one of the first weeks going "when the hell did he join them?". :pac:

With all these free agency moves it's almost guaranteed that I'll be watching one of the first weeks going "when the hell did he join them?". :pac:

hell il be like that just for eagles players like when buffalo comes to town "the hell is shady doing with a blue jersey"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

hell il be like that just for eagles players like when buffalo comes to town "the hell is shady doing with a blue jersey"

Shady, whose Shady ;)

• Advertisement

Shady, whose Shady ;)

:eek:

:eek:

Ha hes gone, we move on, Ryan the fumbler Mathews is the future.

Ha hes gone, we move on, Ryan the fumbler Mathews is the future.

naaaa dude he's still our franchises all time leading rusher

jesus christ thats madness is that definitely the deal

Seems to be so yes, amazed the Lions didn't match it. It's a great way to get the best from guys with motivation problems like Fairley. Their DT rotation is Brockers, Donald & Fairley. It is a terrifyingly good rotation.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Seems to be so yes, amazed the Lions didn't match it. It's a great way to get the best from guys with motivation problems like Fairley. Their DT rotation is Brockers, Donald & Fairley. It is a terrifyingly good rotation.

lions are idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Mike Wallace and a 7th sent to Minnesota for a 5th.

naaaa dude he's still our franchises all time leading rusher

Ah sure I know that, just having a bit of fun, He should still be there along with DJax in my opinion, you keep talent like them not get rid

Shelley Smith, G, to the Broncos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Broncos sign Darian Stewart, S, on a two year deal to replace Rahim Moore.

You can take Matt Elam from Baltimore too, no charge!

• Advertisement

How not to negotiate in Free Agency.

Terence Knighton demanded $8million a year from the Broncos over four years. The Broncos didn't make an offer.

The Raiders offer Knighton $5-$6million a year over three years. Knighton rejects the offer and accuses JDR of low-balling him.

Knighton piles on the weight while he waits for the offers to roll in.

Knighton signs a $4million, one year deal with the Redskins. The deal is laced with incentives - $500k in off-season conditioning, $500K in game bonuses, $450k in reaching weight targets.

After expecting a multi-year deal worth $8 million a year and rejecting $6million he ends up with a one year deal worth a little over $2million. I won't be surprised if Knighton went one and done and next year was selling insurance.

Ah sure I know that, just having a bit of fun, He should still be there along with DJax in my opinion, you keep talent like them not get rid

ya its hard to believe we still would have missed the playoffs with djax but i had less love for him because he actually took years and games off for us i dont think shady did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Reggie Bush to the 49ers. Was hoping the Pats would do a deal with him.

Greg Jennings released

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

JCTO wrote: »
    Reggie Bush to the 49ers. Was hoping the Pats would do a deal with him.

Just came on to post this. 49ers proved incapable of using Lamichael James, I hope Bush will work out, should be possible to get him going with a little bit of change of pace from Hyde.

Hopefully we see a return to the screen game, maybe involve him off read option plays or something.

Does anyone know if he is any good in pass protection? That was a huge benefit of Gore being back there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kendrick Lewis signing for the Ravens. I paid no attention to him last season in Houston. How did he play? Surely he can't possible be any worse than Darian Stewart or Matt Elam anyway! Lewis and Will Hill seems a lot more promising than aforementioned.

• Advertisement

Titans sign CB Perrish Cox...

5 ints last year.. should excel with out new dominant front 7 :D

Titans sign Perrish Cox to 3 year $15 million deal

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Knex. wrote: »
    Surprised Lions wouldn't at least match that when their losing Suh as well.

Lions pulled out of negotiations days ago. At some point during talks they just gave up & let him test the market. That's why they didn't try to match any offers.

They must still be concerned with his weight & injury issues that continue to persist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Titans sign CB Perrish Cox...

5 ints last year.. should excel with out new dominant front 7 :D

Ah damn, yee are looking fierce good.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ah damn, yee are looking fierce good.

All will be well.. if Mettenberger has a good year tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement