Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Free Agency 2015 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

greg hardy to cowboys 1 year heavy incentive deal worth up to 13.1 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Puts Sam Bradford on IR in first game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

When does the schedule get announced again? I forget every damn year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Knex. wrote: »
    When does the schedule get announced again? I forget every damn year.

mid/end April

Knex. wrote: »
    Puts Sam Bradford on IR in first game.

won't have to iv called it already sam bradford will hand off to ryan matthews first play and both will get injured

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Jerry Jones 6 months ago:
    “There’s no question in my mind, the emphasis we have on spousal abuse in the NFL and the lack of tolerance for it,” Jones said last September, while defending Roger Goodell’s handling of the Ray Rice case. “It’s intolerable and will be adjudicated accordingly.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I like Charles Clay, think he is a serviceable TE. However the Bills have offered him a 5 year $38 million deal with over $20 million in guarantees. Seems mental money tbh.

Thats one of those contracts that in a year or two's time, the Bills will be kicking themselves for when they are in cap trouble.

how is the cowboys vp and jerry jones daughter allowed on the conduct comity or does every team have a representative

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Thought the Bills were doing quite well up until the Clay deal.

Mother of god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Hazys wrote: »
    Thats one of those contracts that in a year or two's time, the Bills will be kicking themselves for when they are in cap trouble.

The front office fear the sack from new ownership and so they are going for broke now and trading away the 1st rounder last year.

Hard to blame them when the Jets GM freed up 50 million in cap space and never got to spend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Jacob Tamme TE to Falcons

Mitch Unrein DE to Chargers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ravens and titana among the teams hosting Matt Schaub for a visit

Eagles expected to sign miles austin theve also extended demeco Ryan's

Can't see that happening in Baltimore. The Ravens haven't had a vet QB backup in years. Curtis Painter doesn't count :p

Schuab would be expensive and the Ravens have more dead money to deal with than the other 31 teams.

Noodle arm aswell, he'll sign somewhere though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Rolando McClain visiting the patriots
    Some changes in Dallas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Jacquizz Rogers visiting the Bears according to Rapoport. Plenty of indication that we are going to have someone sharing carries with Forte this year, and we have too many needs in the draft to be taking RBs with any of them. Not sure what kind of money he would be expecting, but I assume it's cheap cheap, like the budgie.

Ravens sign Matt schaub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The Eagles have signed Miles Austin

Forgive me if i dont get excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

its all part of Chip's masterplan I guess

• Advertisement

phatkev wrote: »
    its all part of Chip's masterplan I guess

well if the plan comes together, Hannibal Smith will have nothing on Chip, personally i would've went for Cecil Shorts over Austin, i just cant see what he'll bring to the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Its a low risk signing with potential for high reward. If he can reinvigorate Austin and get him back to what he was doing in 2009 and 2010 then he has made a great signing. Austin basically got bumped down the ladder after two great seasons. After his first season as a true no.1 in Dallas they went out and signed Dez Bryant and then eased him in over his rookie season and just bumped Austin down to no.2. He really hasn't done anything wrong in his career to date and could potentially be a great one again. He'll be 31 when the season starts and probably has two or three years left in him. I think its a good signing because at the very least he gives you some depth.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Its a low risk signing with potential for high reward. If he can reinvigorate Austin and get him back to what he was doing in 2009 and 2010 then he has made a great signing.

Yeah if he gets him back, but to be honest there's nothing to suggest he has 5 years of improvement in him. He does offer Depth, but when our 2nd WR is Cooper, depth is not what we need.

the fact that he's made of glass doesn't help his cause

Center Gino Gradowski (brother of Steelers QB Bruce) traded to the Broncos

Player plus Ravens 2016 5th rounder for Broncos 2016 4th rounder. If any Broncos fans are expecting a solid backup center you will be disappointed, he's a liability.

The 1.5 million saved in Baltimore goes towards signing Matt Schaub which I declared the other day would never happen. Mighty unusual to have an expensive vet backup QB in Baltimore

Ex Titans WR Nate Washington signs with the Texans, sad to see him go

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Center Gino Gradowski (brother of Steelers QB Bruce) traded to the Broncos

Player plus Ravens 2016 5th rounder for Broncos 2016 4th rounder. If any Broncos fans are expecting a solid backup center you will be disappointed, he's a liability.

The 1.5 million saved in Baltimore goes towards signing Matt Schaub which I declared the other day would never happen. Mighty unusual to have an expensive vet backup QB in Baltimore

From what is being reported Gradowski will compete for a spot at OG (where apparently he is graded higher than at C)and with an unguaranteed $1.5+ million cap number he will have to win it clearly or he will be out the door.

As for the $1.5 million - that was never an issue for the Ravens - Gino would probably have been cut anyway before it became guaranteed.

This was good business for the Ravens - they will jump maybe 20 spots on day 3 of the draft and the Broncos will have a stack of compo picks anyway. Kubiak knows the guy and obviously thinks he has a shot at contributing somewhere so the trade also makes sense for Denver. It could be claimed that the Broncos would have waited until he was cut - but then they may not have got him and may have had to actually pay him some money to get him on board. By trading the Broncos have zero dollars invested.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Ravens sign Matt schaub
    An awful fall from grace for the ex-Texan. Gets beaten out of the starting job in Oakland and now sits behind Flacco, who never seems to get injured. There are worse backups though.

Schaub is on 1 million base salary, 1 million signing bonus and 1 million incentives.

Unless Flacco gets injured its a simple 1 year 2 million dollar deal.

Reports out there the Ravens wanted Jason Campbell but couldnt agree a contract

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Josh Freeman to the Dolphins. I really hope he can get himself back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Josh Freeman to the Dolphins. I really hope he can get himself back on track.

Very doubtful. We brought him in to camp last year & he didn't last long. The Dolphins have Matt Moore as there back up so no chance he beats him out. Waste of talent.

Will Montgomery C has followed Fox to the Bears

Broncos have signed Antonio Smith DL to a one year $2million deal after his release by the Raiders.

according to Breer, the Bucs have traded Dashon Goldson to Washington

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Completely forgot Marc Barron existed.

• Advertisement

Completely forgot Marc Barron existed.

I guess even the "experts" get it wrong:pac:
    "I love this kid because his floor and ceiling are the same thing. His ceiling is to be a Pro Bowl safety; his floor is to be a Pro Bowl safety. That's how good this young man is. This is going to be a good football team next year." -Mike Mayock on the Bucs selecting Mark Barron.

Dashon Goldson traded to the Redskins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Redskins gave up a 6th rounder and get a 7th rounder in return along with Goldson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Well with Merriweather gone, they had to replace those penalties somehow. Goldson should provide some continuity, if nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's not great from a Buccaneers viewpoint, is it? What a waste.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/583991389828096000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Its a no lose deal for the Skins really. Only paying half the 8mill and a big hole which needed filling.

McCloughan doing very well there already.

26 year old Stefen Wisniewski still unsigned?? He was a noted name entering free agency this year. I know he had shoulder surgery but he'd be ready for training camp

Reported to be asking for 4 million per year which isn't unreaonable

Lions and Bears released their vet centers and the Cards and Buccs could do with an upgrade.

Gino Gradowski managed to get traded and he is among the worst centers in the league :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

mikemac1 wrote: »
    26 year old Stefen Wisniewski still unsigned?? He was a noted name entering free agency this year. I know he had shoulder surgery but he'd be ready for training camp

He visited the Pats on Thursday/Friday as far as I can remember still possible he might get a deal there. Pats could use a guy like Wisniewski as he covers not only Centers but also Guards.

Crabtree turned down a 3mill deal with the Dolphins...
    He's the biggest diva in the league free agency, hope he doesn't get another offer.

wisinieski is visiting the Titans, would definitely add skill and depth to our inner line

Joe barksdale Rams RT visiting the Titans today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

wisnieweski is visiting the Titans, would definitely add skill and depth to our inner line
    Joe barksdale Rams RT visiting the Titans today

Looks as though they're having a love-in for former Raiders :)

heyjude wrote: »
    Looks as though they're having a love-in for former Raiders :)

id take both, would immensely improve our line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Stevan Ridley off to NYJ

Broncos sign former Eagle James Casey TE/FB on a one year deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement