Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Free Agency 2015 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hardy misses both of the Giants games, which could well have a baring on the NFC East in some capacity.

Knex. wrote: »
    Hardy misses both of the Giants games, which could well have a baring on the NFC East in some capacity.

ya he misses both eagles games as well my fear is that he appeals and it gets reduced to 5 games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

ya he misses both eagles games as well my fear is that he appeals and it gets reduced to 5 games

If he misses the eagles and giants game, that's a huge chunk of divisional games to miss out and could cause the Cowboys problems in winning the division and/or playoff chances. Not sure if he'd miss the redskins games too

brinty wrote: »
    If he misses the eagles and giants game, that's a huge chunk of divisional games to miss out and could cause the Cowboys problems in winning the division and/or playoff chances. Not sure if he'd miss the redskins games too

heres there schedule he makes both redskins games

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2015/REG/COWBOYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Hakeem Nicks to the Titans on a one year deal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

paulie21 wrote: »
    Hakeem Nicks to the Titans on a one year deal

yeah interesting, Hunter hasnt really come on but has the measurables to be a great WR. We've signed Douglas.

I think this means we'll go tackle in the 2nd..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/free-agency-cost-benefit-analysis

Interesting article on free agency, attempting to rate the value of free agency pick ups. It also takes into account compensatory picks. I particularly like this nugget......
    Consider the 2016 compensatory selection they will receive for losing Akeem Ayers. That pick completes this magic trick of a trade with Tennessee:
    Titans get: 2015 sixth-round pick
    Patriots get: 2016 sixth-round pick, 2015 seventh-round pick, Akeem Ayers for most of 2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

The Broncos have waived DE Quanterus Smith

texans have signed chris polk if he can stay healthy he's a starting caliber rb (albeit not when foster is there but a great backup) could be an excellent signing if he can stay healthy

JJ has said the Cowboys are not interested in veteran run I g backs
    Seeya AP you'll not be in the silver and blue next season

• Advertisement

JJ has said the Cowboys are not interested in veteran run I g backs
    Seeya AP you'll not be in the silver and blue next season

thank god for that now just stay clear of todd gurley and il be happy

thank god for that now just stay clear of todd gurley and il be happy

Nerd are you a cowboy fans or division rival
    I can't tell

I can't tell

very much a division rival :D adrian peterson will be a beast this year the thought of him on the cowboys scares the crap out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I can't tell

He's a massive Eli Manning fan.

glued wrote: »

thats my boy :D

glued wrote: »

Resisting urge to slag..
    Agh who am I kidding the two had two super bowl rings fur Christ sakes

Think Cowboys would prefer Gordon or Ajayi in r2 anyways...

Think Cowboys would prefer Gordon or Ajayi in r2 anyways...

dont think gordon will be there ajayi looks like a beast alright to be fair

Resisting urge to slag..
    Agh who am I kidding the two had two super bowl rings fur Christ sakes

boooo never acknowledge that :D

• Advertisement

boooo never acknowledge that :D

Double the number of rings Payton has

Double the number of rings Payton has

ahhhhh stop it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,397 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ahhhhh stop it now

It's true nerd. I hate it as much as you do but the facts are there in black and white.

its true and while i have spoken negatively about eli i dont think he's a bad qb i actually think he's a good qb but its madness saying he's better than peyton.

its true and while i have spoken negatively about eli i dont think he's a bad qb i actually think he's a good qb but its madness saying he's better than peyton.

Well super bowl rings are something that counts for people nerd.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

And at least he could get it done on the biggest day
    Some set of Kahonee's on him
    Not like his big brother choke..

• Advertisement

Well David tyree and Mario manningham helped a bit.

And when you use the criteria of super bowl rings as a measure of success that would make Eli manning better than peyton, Dan Marino, Dan fouts, and Jim kelly which being completely honest he isn't.

but a qb does not win a Super Bowl on there own one of those rings had a defence that held one of the greatest offences in history to 14 points and in both games he had serious o-lines....... also your an eagles fan come on man you can't be making the Super Bowl is everything argument :(

in fairness the dudes been amazing in the playoffs hard to argue that. i feel like the peyton choking thing has been blown out of proportion........and should not be brought up by a cowboys fan :D
    And when you use the criteria of super bowl rings as a measure of success that would make Eli manning better than peyton, Dan Marino, and Dan fouts which being completely honest he isn't.

exactly qb is probably the most important position in sports but when looking back at things people seem to think it was all the qb. people are anointing russell wilson a superstar because he has a Super Bowl ring but he had the best defence and the best running back in the nfl to help him, these things have to be taken in to account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I consider eli footballs partial rain man, most of the time he looks like a headless chicken, but you carry his ass to the promised land and suddenly he's telling you how many jelly beans are in that massive container exactly

Now now nerd no need to be saying things about cowboys fans....
    Eli is good but when he wins 3 in 4 years lets talk then
    Hehehehehe
    God I miss our glory days

• Advertisement

Brinty, you know nerd is an Eagles fan through and through? The last page is the most positive I've ever seen him write about Eli, and that's just because he didn't say he was terrible :pac:

I'm a massive Eli fan, but there's no way he's in the Peyton conversation apart from being his brother.

Depending on the next few years, Eli is a HOF QB, and already is in the eyes of some people anyway. I'm happy with that.

With Peyton, you're talking about a guy who stands up to the likes of Brady, Marino, and Montana as being one of the absolute best to ever play the game. The elite of the elite (no Eli puns, please)

That's a level Eli will not reach.

Brinty, you know nerd is an Eagles fan through and through? The last page is the most positive I've ever seen him write about Eli, and that's just because he didn't say he was terrible :pac:

I'm a massive Eli fan, but there's no way he's in the Peyton conversation apart from being his brother.

Depending on the next few years, Eli is a HOF QB, and already is in the eyes of some people anyway. I'm happy with that.

With Peyton, you're talking about a guy who stands up to the likes of Brady, Marino, and Montana as being one of the absolute best to ever play the game. The elite of the elite (no Eli puns, please)

That's a level Eli will not reach.

Thought he was a giants man!!!! woops...
    So what are the eagles gonna do with all those quarter backs then Nerd...
    Trade for 1 or 2 and take Winston or mariotta!!!!

On Eli and Peyton i'm only winding up cos I thought he was a giants fan!!!

But as a Cowboy none of them even touch Aikman in my eyes anyways :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

dont think gordon will be there ajayi looks like a beast alright to be fair

Ajayi's knee is apparently very bad, as in not expected to hold up long term. I think he'll drop a lot.

On Eli and Peyton i'm only winding up cos I thought he was a giants fan!!!

But as a Cowboy none of them even touch Aikman in my eyes anyways :rolleyes:

I can't stress enough how overrated I believe Aikman to be.

:pac:

use futuristic sports science to mold them all together into one competent qb :D

i actually really like sam bradford if (and its a monstrous if) he can stay healthy i think he can be our guy i just have no faith what so ever on him being healthy. sanchez is a pretty good backup but either teams started to figure him out as he went along or he started getting in his head because he got worse every game.

personally i wouldn't mind mariota but i wouldn't go up to two as i feel it would cost to much. but if he drops to say 12 somehow i wouldnt mind pulling the trigger there. although philly have had some of the best scrambling qbs in the nfls history (cunningham,vick,mcnabb) and have not been able to get that Super Bowl yet so I'm not sure

i think chip will go with someone like a byron jones, breshad perriman as he's shown he likes to draft super athletic guys and believes he can make them better football players.
    kennyb3 wrote: »
    Ajayi's knee is apparently very bad, as in not expected to hold up long term. I think he'll drop a lot.

i didn't know that still if he drops any you get him in the 3rd to 5th and get 5 years of production it could be a really solid draft pick

How dare you.... :eek:

How dare you.... :eek:

Alex Smith would win three Super Bowls on that team!

You might want to revisit that one... But I could be wrong!!!!

well now i think your underrating alex smith dude got drafted to a horrible situation

having said that though ya aikman was a good qb with an amazing team (as in almost a pro bowl team) around him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Can you please explain this for us.

I don't think he was the greatest of all time or close to it but he was able to perform to a high level in regular and postseason.

He had a 61.5% regular season completion rate and a regular season QB rating of 81.6 which was a real good rating back before the league became pass happy.

His stats are better for postseason with a 63.7% career completion rate and an 88.3 postseason QB rating.

He did throw a lot of ints in his career which is why I wouldn't consider him near the top of the all time QB rankings but he was a real good one imo.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »

I don't think he was the greatest of all time or close to it but he was able to perform to a high level in regular and postseason.

He had a 61.5% regular season completion rate and a regular season QB rating of 81.6 which was a real good rating back before the league became pass happy.

His stats are better for postseason with a 63.7% career completion rate and an 88.3 postseason QB rating.

He did throw a lot of ints in his career which is why I wouldn't consider him near the top of the all time QB rankings but he was a real good one imo.

he's very hard to judge as a player because he played with the leagues all time leading rusher, one of the greatest o-lines in nfl history, an outstanding receiving corp and a defence that was one of the best so he didn't have to chase most games.

eagle eye wrote: »

Not disputing he was a good QB, that he certainly was. And while he wouldn't have been asked to win games with his arm all the time with Smith in the backfield, he still had the likes or Irvin to throw to, an elite OL, an elite defence, and pretty much pro bowl talent nearly everywhere he looked.

I don't hold him anywhere near the same regard as the great QBs of that era. He was good, but limited. His numbers alone would indicate that.

Now, in saying that, my experience of him is all old tape, highlights, etc. I'm too young to have watched him live.

But like I said, if someone like Alex Smith was in that Cowboy's team, he'd be a HOF QB now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

use futuristic sports science to mold them all together into one competent qb :D

As long as the correct bits are chosen. You could end up with a QB with Tebow's throwing motion, Sanchez's scrambling ability, Barkley's arm strength and Bradford's tendency to get injured!!

HigginsJ wrote: »
    As long as the correct bits are chosen. You could end up with a QB with Tebow's throwing motion, Sanchez's scrambling ability, Barkley's arm strength and Bradford's tendency to get injured!!

he's very hard to judge as a player because he played with the leagues all time leading rusher, one of the greatest o-lines in nfl history, an outstanding receiving corp and a defence that was one of the best so he didn't have to chase most games.

Agh here nerd... The guy was a stud read any off the books re that team every one of them said Aikman was the toughest guy they had,played several games totally concussed, yes he never had to chase games in their heyday but he did drag them over the line several times
    Yes he had a great team round him it in Smith Irving and Novacek (another under rated player) but he never got the plaudits he deserved because of who he had around him. The fact the team was so run heavy meant he rarely had to drag the team out of the depths by throwing the ball.
    Put it this way plug Aikman in his hey day into the current team and he'd deliver a super bowl. That's how good he could be.

Agh here nerd... The guy was a stud read any off the books re that team every one of them said Aikman was the toughest guy they had,played several games totally concussed, yes he never had to chase games in their heyday but he did drag them over the line several times
    Yes he had a great team round him it in Smith Irving and Novacek (another under rated player) but he never got the plaudits he deserved because of who he had around him. The fact the team was so run heavy meant he rarely had to drag the team out of the depths by throwing the ball.
    Put it this way plug Aikman in his hey day into the current team and he'd deliver a super bowl. That's how good he could be.

possibly but its impossible to say. i never saw him play outside of historical tape but from what little i have seen and talking to people i know who did watch at the time the guy likely wouldnt be in the hall if he was not on either the cowboys or the hers at the time

edit: for the record i dont really have a judgment on the guy because i didn't watch nfl at that time so its very unfair for me to say anything those are just the reasons people say he's overrated

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Former Titans FB Collin Mooney signs with the Falcons.

Dropped for Jackie Battle :confused: last season, glad he's come back and got himself a job

Cards TE John Carlson retires, was working out yesterday.. seems a bit odd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Terelle Pryor has been released by the Chiefs. If Chip Kelly has any sense of humour he needs to sign him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

whats the current story with Adrian Peterson? Is he done?

I would have thought him still a good pickup for most sides (but I'm not a massive follower to be fair). Is his baggage and age just a combination too far now? I know RBs have low durability in the NFL but he looked damned good season before last, can't remember how last season was going before suspension.

Advertisement