Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Free Agency 2015 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Reggie Wayne set to be a free agent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

paulie21 wrote: »
    Reggie Wayne set to be a free agent

probably will retire. Gutted to see him go but hes finished :(

Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

All they need is someone to throw him the ball...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭tripperman

wonder what the jets gave for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

tripperman wrote: »
    wonder what the jets gave for him

talk on twitter its a 5th rounder, only hearsay though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Could this be the preempty for the jets to move up in the draft?

I hope the Titans were at least in for Marshall

Love this move, a big target receiver that will free up some space for Decker on the opposite side. Darft someone like Dorsett now and its a fairly strong recieving core. Harvin is more than likely gone now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

That will be a good option to allow Geno Smith to prosper if they don't get Mariota in the draft. The Jets had over $50 million in cap room (even before potentially dumping Harvin and saving $10.5 million against the cap)

• Advertisement

MJD has retired after 9 years. At one point he was one of the top 3 RB's on the NFL. Pocket Hercules is only 29.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

HigginsJ wrote: »
    MJD has retired after 9 years. At one point he was one of the top 3 RB's on the NFL. Pocket Hercules is only 29.

Shows the life span and wear & tear of an NFL running back.

A few years ago leads the league in rushing, retired at 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Brandon Marshall traded to the jets - confirmed on nfl.com

i dont mean to offend or annoy anyone by this, marshall is a terrific player i admit that and belive he has potienal to be one of the best, but has he not be known to be troublesome in a locker room, cant be good for the jets who wouldnt have had the most settled locker room under rex and to add more to that, unless the new hc is a great locker room peace maker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

i dont mean to offend or annoy anyone by this, marshall is a terrific player i admit that and belive he has potienal to be one of the best, but has he not be known to be troublesome in a locker room, cant be good for the jets who wouldnt have had the most settled locker room under rex and to add more to that, unless the new hc is a great locker room peace maker

That is the main reason being spread for his leaving the bears, but I felt that in his years in Chicago he was very quiet. Even last year the issues seemed pretty small fry. Maybe there's more to it tknew we are really aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'd say Marshall is delighted to be in New York. Doesn't he fly to NY every Tuesday to be on Inside The NFL? Think that was causing some friction with management in Chicago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

I'd say Marshall is delighted to be in New York. Doesn't he fly to NY every Tuesday to be on Inside The NFL? Think that was causing some friction with management in Chicago.

Yes he does, Fox wouldn't be having that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

franglan wrote: »
    Yes he does, Fox wouldn't be having that.

I'm sure if it was just about that they would have been fine. He'd hardly hold out over the show. I'd say more likely is the bears want a more balanced offense with a speed receiver, they see Jeffery fulfilling the role that Marshall does as no 1 depth guy, much cheaper, and a diva over 30 coming off a down year us seen as a luxury they can't afford. Combined with his off field attitude and the possibility that he himself wanted to go (the Cutler Marshall bromance seems to have broken down this year), and there you go.

But we're talking about the best receiver in bears history, with imo plenty of productive years still ahead of him, pro bowl years in all likelihood, being let go for a fifth round pick and a very paltry saving. all I can say is the new gm and hc better have a damn good plan in place, because we need far too many defensive players to be drafting wide receivers to replace the top five guy they just let go for nearly nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The AFC East lads just keep on making things interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Jacoby Jones to the Chargers. Purely for KR/PR I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Molly wrote: »
    Jacoby Jones to the Chargers. Purely for KR/PR I guess

Jacoby Jones is finished

I doubt he makes your 53

Was a hero in the Superbowl and has gotten worse every year since then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Marshall is a bit of an idiot - he gets caught up in some daft stuff. He is not as bad as he used to be when at the Broncos but the guy has a long way to go to grow up.

I am not surprised by this - despite the talent that Marshall has, Fox likes reliable and dependable - two things that don't come to mind when you think about Marshall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Michael Oher Signs with the Panthers

Cam is going to need those scrambling skills this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Cam newton running for his life this year. Shiiiiit my back up fantasy qb :(

Interesting interview with Jackie battle Titans Fb/HB

played for the Chiefs and chargers and now a FA with the Titans.

Not sure if he'll be back, he lost some key downs to our DE Karl Klug but interesting take on basically being a bubble player
    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2384697-life-of-a-free-agent-dont-burn-bridges-and-every-game-is-a-job-interview?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-mob-art-mid-16?is_shared=true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I don't think Devin McCourty will go to the Titans, no offence to them, I can see the Eagles going balls out to get him though.

kryogen wrote: »
    I don't think Devin McCourty will go to the Titans, no offence to them, I can see the Eagles going balls out to get him though.

Yes please

Beast Mode has returned

Lynch signed a two year extension
    The team announced Friday that the hard-charging running back signed a two-year extension. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported earlier in the day that the deal on the table would pay Lynch $12 million in 2015.

Also, the Harvin to the Patriots chatter has heated up again

raiders release mlb roach, rummored to still have headaces after concussion he suffered last pre season,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

kryogen wrote: »
    Also, the Harvin to the Patriots chatter has heated up again

I'd take him with no hesitation whatsoever. We've taken on problem players before in the likes of Ochocinco, Haynesworth, Tebow (even though the problems weren't of his own doing), and we do not mess around. As soon as we see they're either not good enough, or they start causing trouble (looking at you Albert) then we get rid. So I've no issue picking up Harvin provided it's a team friendly deal. I'm sure Bill will speak to Urban Meyer before deciding anything too. Worst case scenario, he ends up like one of the above and we let him walk. Best case, we've got another Randy Moss type bargain, or to a lesser extent, a Blount.

• Advertisement

I would be of the same opinion, if a deal could be done that suits the team I would have him no problem.

Mark Ingram has agreed to a 16m 4 year deal with the Saints

The Pack have resigned Randall Cobb.4 year $40 million

Titans resign their punter.. 15million over 5 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

HigginsJ wrote: »
    The Pack have resigned Randall Cobb.4 year $40 million

Apparently, he turned down bigger money to stay with Rodgers and Nelson. He knows it represents his best chance of winning a ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

raiders release mlb roach, rummored to still have headaces after concussion he suffered last pre season,

Very sad news. I hope he can recover and lead a healthy life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Patww79 wrote: »

Dare I ask, why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Apparently, he turned down bigger money to stay with Rodgers and Nelson. He knows it represents his best chance of winning a ring.

Yeah definitely a discount to stay. But Greg Jennings and James Jones would have been a warning to him. With Adams, Cobb and Nelson and then Abbredaris and Janis coming through, we're fairly stacked at WR now.

Now hopefully Bulaga is next.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

It's 10 mill a year for a slot receiver.

What were people expecting?

Patww79 wrote: »

All he had to do was look at Greg Jennings & James Jones. Leaving ARod is not a good career move. He will only be 29 when this contract ends so can look for another pay day after 4 more years with ARod.

We signed Victor Cruz to a 5 year $43 million dollar deal a couple of years back. It's a pretty good contract for Cobb

Todd Herremans to the Colts. im delighted with that signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Raf32 wrote: »

Would have loved him at the Giants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

There is some crazy money being tossed around at the moment - average to goodish players are getting very good to elite money. It is going to come back an bite a lot of teams in the ass.

Raf32 wrote: »

Great signing for ye disappointed hes gone. Delighted blocked jj watt with one hand last year

Great signing for ye disappointed hes gone. Delighted blocked jj watt with one hand last year

This makes me very happy :pac:

Great player but way too much. Gonna backfire imo

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/574616959779631104

• Advertisement
Advertisement