Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Free Agency 2015 Thread

Comments

Raf32 wrote: »
    This makes me very happy :pac:

Honestly yeve gotten a great player he's played everywhere bar cente on the oline and has been mentioned as an outstanding teammate was annoyed to see him go when it only saved 2.8 mill

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

60 mill in guarantees. Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

SameOleJay wrote: »
    60 mill in guarantees. Wow.

Mike Tannenbaum strikes again!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Looks like Julius Thomas is off to the Jags

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lions apparently offered Suh 17 million per year and 58 guaranteed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

i would not have paid it but it's a hell of a statement from the Fins. Heaps the pressure on Tannehill now.

Looks like Julius Thomas is off to the Jags

Never to be heard from again I'd say.

HigginsJ wrote: »

agree.. except when he tears the titans apart twice a season :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens beat reporter and a few other sources linking Torrey Smith strongly to the Niners

I never figured he would be back in Baltimore.

Nothing confirmed yet though!

Not even a whiff of news out of Nashville, slightly worried already tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Feeling the same about the Colts. Talk of interest in Fairley and Knighton but thats it.

Who you hoping to arrive/hang on to?

Who you hoping to arrive/hang on to?

Derrick Morgan is the big one, 6.5 sacks after moving from DE in a 4-3 to to OLB in 3-4 and surprisingly good in coverage.

He seems undervalued, but he's worth 6-7 million a year imo.
    Our other OLB is Wimbley..

Other guy is Karl Klug DE, massively underrated and always performs when given his chance but undersized as a DE in a 3-4.

would like to keep both, happy to let everyone else go tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Why? The guy is still a talented Tight End and its a lot easier for a solid Tight End to make an impact with sh1t QBs than it is a WR. I do think he will do well. Any QB worth his weight in salt when checking down will always use a guy like Thomas as his go to go especially when time in the pocket is an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

That's the most ludicrous contract yet this offseason. Maxwell is nowhere near worth that amount. Crazy by the Eagles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dolphins were the best blitzing team in the NFL last year, per PFF. Now they're adding Suh. Scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Feeling the same about the Colts. Talk of interest in Fairley and Knighton but thats it.

If the news about Suh turns out to be accurate, than I'd expect the Lions FO to sign Fairley very quickly, otherwise a once great D line would be in tattters.

Not really too surprised about the figures bandied about Suh's potential contract. Was always expecting astronomical figures like that. Although I didn't think it would get as high as $114.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Brandon Flowers staying in San Diego. 4 year deal agreed

• Advertisement

JCTO wrote: »
    Why? The guy is still a talented Tight End and its a lot easier for a solid Tight End to make an impact with sh1t QBs than it is a WR. I do think he will do well. Any QB worth his weight in salt when checking down will always use a guy like Thomas as his go to go especially when time in the pocket is an issue.

Not too many success stories of guys leaving good teams & taking the money to join a terrible team.

He is also going from playing with Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Emmanuel Sanders & Wes Welker over the past few years to playing with a group of totally unproven players. He will be the entire focus of every D, I would reckon he will end up with about 500 yards this year.

Not too many success stories of guys leaving good teams & taking the money to join a terrible team.

He is also going from playing with Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Emmanuel Sanders & Wes Welker over the past few years to playing with a group of totally unproven players. He will be the entire focus of every D, I would reckon he will end up with about 500 yards this year.

Talk that they could land Murray now too. Scary offence with Thomas, Murray and if Bortles can be half decent. Draft a young wr and they are set at the skill positions.

If Blackmon comes back i expect him to get past those yards.

Makes the AFC South a tad more exciting

Derrick Morgan is the big one, 6.5 sacks after moving from DE in a 4-3 to to OLB in 3-4 and surprisingly good in coverage.

He seems undervalued, but he's worth 6-7 million a year imo.
    Our other OLB is Wimbley..

Other guy is Karl Klug DE, massively underrated and always performs when given his chance but undersized as a DE in a 3-4.

would like to keep both, happy to let everyone else go tbh

I remember that there was a bit of surprise when we took JPP over Morgan. It has obviously worked out pretty well for us but Morgan is a very solid player. Ye would have one hell of a D if ye hang on to him & pair Williams & Casey.

Not sure there's a signing I like yet.

Flowers at 2 mill a year less than Maxwell is nice for SD though.

• Advertisement

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Not sure there's a signing I like yet.

Flowers at 2 mill a year less than Maxwell is nice for SD though.

I like the Gore signing if hes $4 million a year or under.

I remember that there was a bit of surprise when we took JPP over Morgan. It has obviously worked out pretty well for us but Morgan is a very solid player. Ye would have one hell of a D if ye hang on to him & pair Williams & Casey.

yep , Titans had hoped to get JPP.

Morgan is solid, however bar Casey he doesnt have any other front 7 talent (though Williamson came on when he got a chance at ILB).

Give him another good rusher or someone that occupies a couple of blockers(williams) i see him doing very well but i think we lose him unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

That's the most ludicrous contract yet this offseason. Maxwell is nowhere near worth that amount. Crazy by the Eagles.

A positive I am going to choose to take from this is that it gives them less money to fire at McCourty who I would expect them to move for and to a lesser extent Revis

• Advertisement

McCourty working on a contract with the titans according to one twitter feed

Not surprised on the Sanxhez rumours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I still feel like the Titans angle is media driven due to the obvious narrative it can spin, just don't see it happening. Would be a good land for him from a Pats POV if we are to lose him of course, doesn't strengthen anyone that can really be considered a contender (sorry Helma!)

would be an awesome story but i think its more than that..

No offense taken.. we all cant land on HOF QBs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Thomas doesn't do contact - that is why he is good in the red zone - with the Jags he will be the focus of attention and will not be as productive as he was in Denver.

Another move - Orlando Franklin to the Chargers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Torrey Smith has announced he's leaving Baltimore.

Sanchez stays with the Eagles

by all accounts the eagles have deals done with gore,maclin,sanchez and maxwell apparently they are pushing hard for mccourty and looking at tramon williams next season will certainly be interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

by all accounts the eagles have deals done with gore,maclin,sanchez and maxwell apparently they are pushing hard for mccourty and looking at tramon williams next season will certainly be interesting

Yeah but you can ignore them all though, the big one is The Sanchize is back for 2 more years, thats 2 years people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

McCourty working on a contract with the titans according to one twitter feed

With Wilfork gone the Pats free up $7.5 million in cap space and that for me was critical in any moves to keep Revis & McCourty. But it's all down to McCourty, he loves NE and said he wants to stay but will the bigger money entice him? A week ago I would have said definitely no, now I'm not so sure. Us not putting the franchise tag on him was a big shock for me. Then again maybe they felt they were close to a long term deal, so for them, not tagging him might make sense. McCourty is just coming off a 5yr $10 million contract and while he will get more elsewhere. I think he'll be happy if the Pats offer him something in the 5yr $40-44 million range. That would represent 4 years of his previous contracts pay in one year. But it all boil downs to whether he really wants to stay or follow the bigger money elsewhere. Logic tells me he'll stay, then again, maybe the Pats think Duron Harmon can do a solid job filling his shoes and all for a mere $585,000 dollars in 2015. One thing we know for sure, it's the time of year for doubting and second guessing ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Jeremy Maclin expected to join the Chiefs

• Advertisement

Yeah but you can ignore them all though, the big one is The Sanchize is back for 2 more years, thats 2 years people

he's actually a really good signing pretty cheap and its two years so we can trade him for something next year. also it means if we do end up trading foles and going all in for mariota we have a qb that can start if mariota needs to sit and learn for a few weeks
    paulie21 wrote: »
    Jeremy Maclin expected to join the Chiefs

well balls :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Surelty with sanchezs bumper back up qb contract foles is on the trading block??

Surelty with sanchezs bumper back up qb contract foles is on the trading block??

Most of its incentives apparently it's only about 5 mill overall guaranteed

McCourty has resigned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

McCourty has resigned

Be interesting to see what happens Revis now. McCourty five-year, $47.5 million deal. 28m or so guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Personally now that Maclin is gone, i would love the Eagles to go after Cecil Shorts, i think that guy is just waiting to be a star in a big team, and could easily produce the numbers Maclin did last season.

Crabtree is there to, and maybe Hartline if he could produce his form from a couple of years ago but Shorts is my no.1 target

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Disappointed to see Gore go. Will be very hard to see him play for someone else.

49ers look like they will bring I'm torrey Smith, which would be a good signing I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Good but nothing special. A deep threat and not much else

I don't think he's an upgrade over Crabtree

Likely won't be cheaper either

Still Boldin and Smith would be a good pairing, both offering different things

The Cards have signed Sean Weatherspoon to a 1 year $4 million deal. If he is fit it could be a steal for them.

• Advertisement

Jayson craddock tweeted during the night that Kap was for trade

Advertisement