Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crufts!

• 06-02-2015 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

We're going over for Crufts in a couple of weeks!! :D Super excited as I haven't been for over 20 years since it moved from Earl's Court and my husband not at all. Think I posted about this last year...

Anyhoo. Hoping to get some new clipper blades, and maybe (yet another! :D) collar and lead set for the boy.

Would it be possible to get the blades there does anyone know? From memory, I think yes, but not sure.

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes most definitely. Millions of stands there so there will be plenty of places to get them.
    Just one thing. Are you flying over? Be careful if you only have hand luggage as you might not be able to take them back in that.

What day are you going? I'll be there on terrier day to watch my friend. She is showing staffies. I'm not showing this year or going on rottie day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

andreac wrote: »
    Yes most definitely. Millions of stands there so there will be plenty of places to get them.
    Just one thing. Are you flying over? Be careful if you only have hand luggage as you might not be able to take them back in that.

What day are you going? I'll be there on terrier day to watch my friend. She is showing staffies. I'm not showing this year or going on rottie day.

What day is terrier day Andrea? We'll be there on the Friday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I was hoping you'd see this andreac, as I know you show your Rotties!

We're going on Sunday to see the Shih Tzu in action, and we've got tickets for the Best In Show. Was hoping to go on Friday to see the Dobies, but the airfare's too expensive to fly in the am. Perhaps another time...

I've got a bag booked on much to my husband's disgust, and the blades if I get them will be packed for the hold. I always walk with a lot of stuff, and I'm packing another 2 holdalls as hand luggage for all the dog **** we'll be bringing back!

Ah you are sorted so. Yeah sat is terrier day muddy. Terrier and hound. Not there for the Rotties this year.
    Got a flight over for 24 euro. Will go back on the ferry with my friend on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I was going to go this year but flights to Birmingham from Shannon have stopped so it'll end up being too much travelling. I'm looking forward to reading reports from all of ye who go :D

• Advertisement

Will be a long day for you for best in show as the groups aren't on until late enough then there's the hanging around for best in show. But great to be there for it.

I did warn Himself about the noise, smell, sheer number of dogs AND the Best in Show. But he wanted the whole kit and caboodle, so he's getting it - In spades!!

I'm walking with a supply of Nurofen, and plenty of coffee. We'll be wearing trackie bottoms and trainers to help the plates of meat which will be VERY sore by the end of the day!! :D

Yeah Def Wear comfy clothes as you do a lot of walking. 5 big halls. Don't rush buying first thing you see. Make note of what hall it's in and you can always go back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I'm going on the Saturday & Sunday. I'm bringing my 12 year old dog mad daughter with me. Bring loads of money. You will need it!

Not me. Himself is making ready with the dosh and the credit cards! :D They're being readied for a beating!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Would love to go some year, but I'm always busy. This year one of the dogs who comes to me is competing (and his "sister" is staying here), so hopefully they'll have that youtube channel they had before and I'll be glued to it looking out for him!

*Sigh*. Think my clippers are on the way out. Was clipping the hound today, and they started playing up. :mad:

Ah well - at least we'll be able to get some over. Hopefully, for a good price! :D

Advertisement