Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations for road bike ...

• 06-02-2015 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Hi ..I'm looking to buy a road bike for in around the €1200 mark.
    I bought a surly long haul trucker 3 years which has seen Me lose 4 stone,commute 40km most days ,spend 3 weeks cycling across France and many a sunday morning in the Wicklow mountains..but have decided I need a new cycling direction and challenge..I'm planing to do the Wicklow 200 this year along with a few other sportives.
    So just wondering on any recommendations??
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Swamp3

A Ribble R872 with full 105 will set you back € 1160 delivered.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Swamp3 wrote: »
    A Ribble R872 with full 105 will set you back € 1160 delivered.

A fine bike.

The Planetx sl pro carbon with Campagnolo Veloce is around that money as well.

http://planetxireland.com/products-page/bikes/campagnolo-veloce-road-bike/

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Thanks guys..
    Like the Planet X and the fact that their in Ireland could be an advantage..love buying a new bike..

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

good value in the Cubes - 1200 will get you a carbon and more places stock them as opposed to the one place for planet x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Andalucia wrote: »
    good value in the Cubes - 1200 will get you a carbon and more places stock them as opposed to the one place for planet x

But lower spec for the money is the down side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement