Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get an mbna card?

Options
  • 07-02-2015 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Checked the website and their are no options to apply for. My family said thats how they got theirs. Have they stopped taking applications?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Checked the website and their are no options to apply for. My family said thats how they got theirs. Have they stopped taking applications?

http://m.rte.ie/news/2011/0815/304947-mbna/

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

MBNA don't exist.

There is a company called avantcard who are Spanish owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Avantcard.ie took over my mbna card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Avantcard.ie took over my mbna card.

Well i mean avant. How do i get one. Their technically still mbna as they took over for them.

Their are no options too apply online

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Well i mean avant. How do i get one. Their technically still mbna as they took over for them.

Their are no options too apply online

You can apply online for a tesco credit card, if you can't find the avant one.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    You can apply online for a tesco credit card, if you can't find the avant one.

Their interest rates are crazy. They dont seem to offer 56 days intetest free either :/ thanks anyway mate
    surprised avantd have no online option

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

They dont seem to offer 56 days intetest free either

Thats not true.
    Of course, if you don't pay your cc bill fully and on time, interest free period would be cancelled and you need to pay interest for every day of your outstanding balance.

MBNA still is on the UK market

mbna/avantcard are not taking applications anymore, and the guy on the phone told me they won't be anytime in the near future.

Its strange how unbelievable hard it is to get a credit card even when you have good credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Its strange how unbelievable hard it is to get a credit card even when you have good credit.

Why are you so hell bent on dealing with MBNA? They were one of the worst companies to deal with based on what I heard - severe penalties for being one day late with the monthly payment and other traps. You're much better off getting one of the standard cards from the main banks and paying off the balance in full every month.

coylemj wrote: »
    Why are you so hell bent on dealing with MBNA? They were one of the worst companies to deal with based on what I heard - severe penalties for being one day late with the monthly payment and other traps. You're much better off getting one of the standard cards from the main banks and paying off the balance in full every month.

not hell bent
    I am very good with money, my bank won't give me a card because I have a "student account"
    I tried changing it over several times with them but they refuse to even though I am in full time employment

I am never late with payments, 99% of them time I pay within a month, I look at credit cards as a loan without the interest as I will always have it paid of before any interest is added on, saves all the paperwork to be signed etc...

so I am not worried about how bad they are, if you're late on payments thats you're own fault (not saying you are) so the company itself I don't think their bad, only people saying their bad are the ones who pay late, which in turn would be their own fault.

But anyhow my bank won't give me a card because the whole student thing
    I don't mind changing it to a normal current account and paying any fees on it. Seems like they don't want my money so I say screw them a get a credit card outside of a bank

applied for tesco one last night so see how that goes, only thing is not sure if they have a 56 day interest free period
    they only seem to have a first 6month interest free period then after that interest is tacked on no matter what, not really alot of info about it on their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

not hell bent
    applied for tesco one last night so see how that goes, only thing is not sure if they have a 56 day interest free period
    they only seem to have a first 6month interest free period then after that interest is tacked on no matter what, not really alot of info about it on their website

There are 2 more clicks on tesco cc website to get this:
    http://www.tesco.ie/finance/visacards/terms.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

not hell bent

Well you seem pretty determined to get an MBNA card - starting a thread on the topic for starters.

56 days credit is a standard feature of most credit cards. To avail of it you buy something on the first day of a billing period and pay the bill in full on the due date. I'm not aware that MBNA was better or worse in that aspect than any other company operating in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

I am never late with payments, 99% of them time I pay within a month, I look at credit cards as a loan without the interest as I will always have it paid of before any interest is added on, saves all the paperwork to be signed etc...

If you can't get a card then how are you never late with payments?

Advertisement