Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

junkmail ads

Options
  • 07-02-2015 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

hope im in the right forum,so yesterday i was on adverts,ie looking to see if there were any samsungs galaxy s3 going handy, tonight i checked out bikeradar.com to have a look around and the first thing i see is 8 seperate ads for the different models of the s3,(what a coincedence not)now i know when you do a search online for anything that has any commercial value whatsoever that google and the like use your surfing history to plaster you with ads relating to any previous searches you have being doing,intelligent advertising i suppose,well it annoys the s***e out of me and is my pet hate atm.
    Is there any way to avoid this,its like recieving junkmail online,anyone have any ideas aside of ignoring it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pingpipe

The easiest way to avoid that would be to clear your browser's cache and history before starting a new search. (in Internet Explorer, for instance you would click: Internet Options>General>Browsing History>Delete>OK)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

pingpipe wrote: »
    The easiest way to avoid that would be to clear your browser's cache and history before starting a new search. (in Internet Explorer, for instance you would click: Internet Options>General>Browsing History>Delete>OK)

Will try that nx time.but its annoying to put up with it.i suppose the only answer is not to google unless from behind a vpn.cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

pingpipe wrote: »

Will try that nx time.but its annoying to put up with it.i suppose the only answer is not to google unless from behind a vpn.cheers

Advertisement