Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playing spotify through stereo - best quality

• 07-02-2015 1:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I have been running spofify through my smartphone into the stereo through the headphone jack. The sound quality is ok but isn't as loud as a cd or radio.

Are there any devices such as a dock out there that would do a better job with sound quality? The devices are an iPhone 5s and an iPad mini.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Have you thought about a bluetooth audio receiver? I use one through a Yamaha amp and some bookshelf speakers and the quality/volume is excellent. You can pick them up cheaply enough through the likes of eBay.

Personally I use a Sony Ericsson MW600- it's not ideal as I have to remember to charge it every now and again but the quality is very good. A better idea might be to use something like the Logitech bluetooth audio receiver which plugs into the mains and connects via RCA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

Why's it not as loud? I do exactly the same and have no issues (need to turn up sound on both devices)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Dazzling D wrote: »
    Why's it not as loud? I do exactly the same and have no issues (need to turn up sound on both devices)

The stereo is a decent technics. I was giving it a good belt the other week and noticed I had it a full volume, yet it was just at an adequate level of volume. Didn't get loud, and my ears stayed intact unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

The stereo is a decent technics. I was giving it a good belt the other week and noticed I had it a full volume, yet it was just at an adequate level of volume. Didn't get loud, and my ears stayed intact unfortunately.

Did you turn up the phone as well?

The audio out jack on the phone has a volume too, as well as the stereo itself, make sure they're both a high enough levels.

If it's still low, maybe look at a pre-amp which will increase the volume going into the stereo.

Also look at some of the wireless -- DNLA/airplay if your phone supports it, but you will need something into the amp also.

Advertisement