Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

college accommodation problem

• 07-02-2015 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I've got a little bit of a problem, I've had a house party a few days ago, my door was kicked open, which is beyond repair and a hole was put in the wall, a big one. What should I do? Try fix them on the sly or tell the landlord? And if I tell the landlord would they throw me out? I live in student accommodation which is not run by the college just to make things clear

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

I would fix the door on the qt, if you are going to tell your landlord it will get expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Dodging the issue won't work here because the lease is in your name, and when you become a tenant you agree not to cause damage to the property (doesn't matter if it was a friend or a party guest). He is going to find out that damage was done eventually.

You are going to have to pay money for this one way or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭eoinp11

I would say go to Adverts and pickup a new door cheaply. If he asks what happened, say someone fainted into it maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

happened to my house this year due a party out of control, we fixed the walls on the sly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,371 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Never rent to students...

• Advertisement
Advertisement