Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumors, Gossip, Transfers etc 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They showed the Chris Lyons one at the Shed End after Clarke messes up a clearance. That the one? Pretty bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Omackeral wrote: »
    They showed the Chris Lyons one at the Shed End after Clarke messes up a clearance. That the one? Pretty bad.

Thats the one, shocking miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Mr_A

I really like the Bohs poet. Wish they'd just let him do the whole poem instead of cutting in bits of it. You can hear the whole of it here: https://soundcloud.com/rtesport/bohemian-fc-poet-in-residence-lewis-kenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Jesus H Christ, Cillian Sheridan damn near put me to sleep on Soccer Republic.
    In fairness to him it was about 2 o`clock there and he probably had a full day of training behind him. It looked to me as if he got up to do the interview.
    I`d say the last thing he wanted to do was answer questions like what he was doing for Paddy`s day or do you like Cyprus?
    No I miss the buzz and pissing rain in Cavan

NIMAN wrote: »
    Soccer Republic has got very tacky, some awful pieces in it, and cringeworthy this poet nonsense.
    I quite like the poet. Its thinking outside the box and he was on a few radio stations/papers after he got the gig talking about Bohs so all good exposure for the club and league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I quite like the poet. Its thinking outside the box and he was on a few radio stations/papers after he got the gig talking about Bohs so all good exposure for the club and league.

The whole football poet thing isnt new though. I don't think it adds anything on a TV show. More suited to radio or written on newpapers. I mean fair play he's got the exposure but as for something to put on a league highlights/discussion show, there's got to be something more watchable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

We've had Jinx Lennon down here in Dundalk as resident poet for ages now ffs! Don't see Jinx getting invited onto Soccer Republic but if he was he'd probably wreck the studio :D

We've had Jinx Lennon down here in Dundalk as resident poet for ages now ffs! Don't see Jinx getting invited onto Soccer Republic but if he was he'd probably wreck the studio :D

The Northside Dublin accent is bad. I say that as a Northsider.
    The Dundalk accent.... Jaysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The Northside Dublin accent is bad. I say that as a Northsider.
    The Dundalk accent.... Jaysis.
    it can be sharp on the oul ear lobes alright but we don't all speak with that crazy accent.
    Jinx is a legend by the way.He even writes as much on his sunglasses :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Jinx Lennon is the Roddy Collins of Irish rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Jinx Lennon is the Roddy Collins of Irish rock.
    Vision of Disorder is the Louis Walsh of boards judging panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Pighead wrote: »
    Vision of Disorder is the Louis Walsh of boards judging panels.

Better than being Bressie (or Jinx). :-)

Better than being Bressie (or Jinx). :-)
    Pighead will forgive you for your outburst as it is what the great man has told him to do.

Nice 3-0 win by our babies (and Grimes) against Wexford the other day. Into the semi-final's of the Leinster Senior Cup we go. Winning is becoming a habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

When I heard about it, I thought it was going to be terribly naff.

It's poetry, so it is a bit naff, but the lad has passion for Irish football and that came through.

I'd rather listen to him than an ex-international on a dodgy SKYPE link from his kitchen.

Indo has a story about Dalymount today, noone from anywhere seems to know or confirm anything is what i gathered from it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Indo has a story about Dalymount today, noone from anywhere seems to know or confirm anything is what i gathered from it.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/council-strikes-34m-deal-to-buy-dalymount-park-31075591.html

Article Headline : "Council strikes €3.4m deal to buy Dalymount Park"

Last line of Article: "A spokesman for DCC last night said he was not aware of a sale agreed on Dalymount"

They also point out that the deal hinges on the council buying Tolka, and say a spokesperson from Shels has said nothing has been agreed.

So overall, nothing has happened.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Homeless

Rent boys

Council pitch

FAI/DCC bowl

Have i covered everything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Herald ran it too. Though they were more definite that the FAI would be leasing it off the council for Bohs and Shels to use.

Assuming this part is right, why are the FAI leasing it and not the clubs directly like with Tallaght?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Clubs can't afford it.

Don't Drogs rent Hunky Dorey Park off the FAI too?

Herald ran it too.

It's the same paper!

The Herald = The Evening Indo

• Advertisement

Clubs can't afford it.

Add John Delaney Subs Your Rent to above list.

Sing them while you can, Shels moving to Dalymount will be the death of the club.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Sing them while you can, Shels moving to Dalymount will be the death of the club.

Is there any viable alternatives for Shels? This move definitely suits us a lot better than it does you guys.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Is there any viable alternatives for Shels? This move definitely suits us a lot better than it does you guys.

My understanding is that the opposite arrangement is also viable - but that would have the same impact on you lot. FAI want the Dalymount solution though.

Sell both grounds and build a fit for purpose 10k seater beside Ikea is what should be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Greenfield site but who'll stump up the cash? Donnybrook is a no go and the c**** in Ringsend have objected any move of us returning there.

Sell both grounds and build a fit for purpose 10k seater beside Ikea is what should be done.

Moving out there would be dumb. Any move should be out into the North West suburbs of the city or maybe swords. Somewhere with population and an identity as an area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

anncoates wrote: »
    Moving out there would be dumb. Any move should be out into the North West suburbs of the city or maybe swords. Somewhere with population and an identity as an area.

I think it would have similar potential as Rovers move to Tallght but only if one team moved and they had a formal link up with Ballymun Utd.

the last Swords team did well.

the last Swords team did well.

Playing out of Morton though

• Advertisement

they still gained zero traction (apart from one loon who posted here), there just isn't the appetite for it in NCD.

Second Round draw has been made for the League Cup.

Pool 1 - Waterford United v Cork City, UCC v Cobh Ramblers.

Pool 2 – Sligo Rovers v Derry City, Galway United v Cockhill Celtic.

Pool 3 – Crumlin United v St Patrick's Athletic, Dundalk v Shelbourne.

Pool 4 - Cabinteely v Shamrock Rovers, Bohemians v Longford Town.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

is it a group situation or one game from a pool of possible teams?

dfx- wrote: »
    is it a group situation or one game from a pool of possible teams?
    According to the FAI:

Like the First Round, the Second Round was drawn in four regional pools and the winners of the eight pool matches will advance to the quarter-finals where there will be an open draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

Any date for the EA Sports games published?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Down as either 6/7 April I think, Monday and Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Can't beat an away game 2 minute walk from your house :-)

The_Banker wrote: »
    Any date for the EA Sports games published?

They're all Monday and Tuesday games Banker, with the final falling on Saturday 19th of September.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/fahey-i-didnt-enjoy-pats-im-just-happier-at-rovers-31078780.html

Nice to see Fahey is happier now.

Starting to get a bit crazy ex girlfriendish now, move on man...move on.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Starting to get a bit crazy ex girlfriendish now, move on man...move on.

Bucko does look a bit like a middle-aged woman, in fairness. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

He really didnt enjoy his second spell at Pats did he.... I remember he was interviewed on the pitch after the Cup Final win and he was giving out about the Pats crowd saying they were too quiet. Bizarre statement to make.

• Advertisement

What's was his beef with Bucko, dreamers? Being played out of position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

All smacks of diva syndrome to be honest. Thought he was going to be treated like a big cheese and it didn't happen, so he started whinging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Then its time he accepted his top flight career is over, and start living in the real world.

Not enough love or hugs.

I did laugh at this :D Bohs fan i think did it.

B2KncOdIEAA_LQH.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Shams players need to learn to keep quiet. No need for them all to come out with statements about their old clubs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Realising Killian Brennan is being picked as well..

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Shams players need to learn to keep quiet. No need for them all to come out with statements about their old clubs.

Ironic seeing that we're probably one of the few clubs in the league that don't use official social media accounts for cringey minnow outbursts.

Players bitching in a league this size will always happen.

I`m looking at the draw for the EA cup and I saw ourselves (Sligo Rovers) and Derry were drawn to play each other in the Showgrounds.
    We are playing them this weekend in the league in the Showgies and now we`re going to be playing them again in 2 weeks time.
    Surely that could have been avoided. Who ever is running this draw, could they not stop stuff like that happening.
    I know with only 12 teams in the premier there's bound to be a bit of repetition but at this early stage of a cup competition its very avoidable.

I`m looking at the draw for the EA cup and I saw ourselves (Sligo Rovers) and Derry were drawn to play each other in the Showgrounds.
    We are playing them this weekend in the league in the Showgies and now we`re going to be playing them again in 2 weeks time.
    Surely that could have been avoided. Who ever is running this draw, could they not stop stuff like that happening.
    I know with only 12 teams in the premier there's bound to be a bit of repetition but at this early stage of a cup competition its very avoidable.

There was already a few teams given a bye, Derry City being one of them. So they've a game less than others as it happens.

Then there are the pools. They're done with geographic proximity of clubs in mind, not level of football. I think it's better than say Cobh needing to travel to Derry at that early stage, or one of the non league teams, where there's less interest.

There was already a few teams given a bye, Derry City being one of them. So they've a game less than others as it happens.

Then there are the pools. They're done with geographic proximity of clubs in mind, not level of football. I think it's better than say Cobh needing to travel to Derry at that early stage, or one of the non league teams, where there's less interest.

I think the pool idea makes sense.
    But Cockhill and Galway are also in our group. Could we not have played one of those each.
    I`m speaking from a rovers point of view but I know this is a league wide issue of too many games against the same teams in a short time frame

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement