Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumors, Gossip, Transfers etc 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mushy wrote: »
    Sligo people, is it ok to get tickets for the away section on matchday at the gate? Heading up for the game next Friday.

It is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Sligo people, is it ok to get tickets for the away section on matchday at the gate? Heading up for the game next Friday.

You`ll never be turned away from the Showgrounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

You`ll never be turned away from the Showgrounds

Haha, wasn't worried about that much anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Haha, wasn't worried about that much anyway!

Don't put a Jinks on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

howiya wrote: »
    Massive Garda presence in Tallaght tonight. Can people not just go to a match?

In fairness to them, there's a poisonous atmosphere around the two grounds for this fixture lately, though it was an excellent atmosphere in the ground. Most of what happens happens away from the grounds now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

dfx- wrote: »
    In fairness to them, there's a poisonous atmosphere around the two grounds for this fixture lately

Wonder if it had anything at all to do with the ridiculous number of guards about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohs were kept back for what I'd consider conservatively 25 minutes. Was longer than usual. Having said that, I think the Gardai have a good handle on it over in Tallaght, so I don't mind hanging back really. Saw a few Rovers thugs getting baton smacks before kickoff at the gates across from the Maldron when they crossed the road over at the superstore. One or two missiles came over from Whitestown Way. Our fellas were goading them through the gates also and one of the smaller side gates was flung open momentarily...eek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The Hobanator scores his first goal for Oxford. He needed that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pighead wrote: »
    The Hobanator scores his first goal for Oxford. He needed that one.

Thought he did his ACL? didnt expect him to playing for several months yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not really LoI chat any more, but see Rory Patterson got 4 in a 5-1 victory in Australia.

Think it might have been their 1st game of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Thought he did his ACL? didnt expect him to playing for several months yet
    No, he did his ankle ligaments in December. He wasn't able to play for them until January but the injury put him out until February. He's played eleven or twelve games for them so far and today he finally got off the mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I know I might be going off-topic technically, but Wexford Youths' women clinched the league title tonight vs. Raheny United with two games remaining. So so proud of the women, can't wait for Champions League football soon :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I know I might be going off-topic technically, but Wexford Youths' women clinched the league title tonight vs. Raheny United with two games remaining. So so proud of the women, can't wait for Champions League football soon :D:D:D

Delighted to see a team outside of Dublin win it. Wexford Youths have plugged away nicely in the past few seasons and really kept the core of their team. Conceded 11 goals in total all season or something like that. That's an unreal defensive record at any level of football!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Richie Towell out for 4 months with knee ligament damage, that'll halt Dundalk somewhat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Richie Towell out for 4 months with knee ligament damage, that'll halt Dundalk somewhat

Aye, but we have Stephen O'Donnell back in the squad now so still have a brilliant midfield. Won't hit us as hard as you think. In other news we have all but confirmed Damien Duff on july 1st. The extra Champions League money going to his wages. Will be a massive boost for our European adventures. Towell will hopefully be back for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

doncarlos wrote: »
    Aye, but we have Stephen O'Donnell back in the squad now so still have a brilliant midfield. Won't hit us as hard as you think. In other news we have all but confirmed Damien Duff on july 1st. The extra Champions League money going to his wages. Will be a massive boost for our European adventures. Towell will hopefully be back for that too.
    Is this for real? Havent seen anything about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Given the date that's in it I don't know what to believe

Yup.

Duff specifically singled out the healing properties of the Oriel pitch for his banjaxed ankle and knee and how easy it would be to transition to Dundalk from London and Southern Australia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

anncoates wrote: »
    how easy it would be to transition to Dundalk from London and Southern Australia.

Dundalk is fantastic, nestled on the sunny North East on the Louth riviera. He'll love it here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Good cash cash injection boost:)
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish/2015/0331/691084-uefa-prize-money-boost-for-loi-clubs/
    Mini Rant:
    100k from FAI for winning the league.... when their CEO gives himself €360k p.a for SFA :mad:

Delighted to see more money coming into the league but I hope it's not going to lead to player wages going mad again. Or clubs taking a mad punt on getting through X rounds or to the groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Good cash cash injection boost:)
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish/2015/0331/691084-uefa-prize-money-boost-for-loi-clubs/
    Mini Rant:
    100k from FAI for winning the league.... when their CEO gives himself €360k p.a for SFA :mad:

Thread on it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057406248

Alan Mathews and the whole coaching staff have resigned. Absolutely no surprise there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

anncoates wrote: »
    Delighted to see more money coming into the league but I hope it's not going to lead to player wages going mad again. Or clubs taking a mad punt on getting through X rounds or to the groups.

I agree, but that's for each club to decide.

But everyone is aware of how tough the FAI get with clubs..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Alan Matthews and Co's resignation statement.
    CBhZwwqWgAAYrdn.jpg

• Advertisement

CBhZwwqWgAAYrdn.jpg

Would I be right in saying that that's "They aren't paying the players" in English?

After 5 games? Bray are such a joke. Zero offense to their supporters, but it's an astonishingly badly run club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Would I be right in saying that that's "They aren't paying the players" in English?

After 5 games? Bray are such a joke. Zero offense to their supporters, but it's an astonishingly badly run club.

That's pretty much what I got from it. They've some dedicated supporters, but the way the club is run is a total shambles.

That's effectively what it is saying. I'm skeptical of it all given the day that's in it, and would be glad to see the back of Matthews...but if the players aren't being paid, then I don't know anymore.

EDIT: Where it says about formal complaints, I wonder does that have anything to do with the last regime and Darren Quigley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The FAI's brilliantly efficient licencing process strikes again. Expect another league table full of asterisks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Even by LOI standards that's pretty scathing.

Is there even any point in asking....

How the hell did Bray get a license?

You have to wonder how we've ended up with a situation where, on the one hand, you've got well-run junior clubs being kept out of the LOI by licensing requirements and high costs, and on the other, you've got badly-run clubs having licensing requirements seemingly adapted to their specific situations, only to fall victim to the same high costs as a result.

• Advertisement

We've only heard one side of the story.

I certainly wouldn't rush to believe anything from Mathews.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    We've only heard one side of the story.

I certainly wouldn't rush to believe anything from Mathews.

Heard enough whispers about what's been going on behind the scenes to believe it. Don't think they'd put out as strongly worded a statement as that, where they claim they haven't been paid and players wages have been delayed, if there was nothing to it.

Darren Quigley ‏@DarQuigs 22m22 minutes ago
    Don't pay staff. Clubs goes bust. All debts gone = Hotel on the Carlisle Grounds #McGettigans

:eek:

That wouldn't shock me!

Dublin Derby Facts ‏@dubderbyfacts 7m7 minutes ago
    Bray's owners have installed a caretaker from their hotels as caretaker manager. "He has vast experience cleaning up messes," they cheered.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

April Fool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Roddy Collins, c'mon down! The job is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

NIMAN wrote: »
    April Fool?

Nope unfortunately

dreamers75 wrote: »
    :eek:

He could find himself facing libel action.

Isn't the CG only leased out by Bray UDC and therefore unlikely to end up being redeveloped?

Zebra3 wrote: »
    He could find himself facing libel action.

Isn't the CG only leased out by Bray UDC and therefore unlikely to end up being redeveloped?

Unless they end up buying the Council out of the land. It'd end up as a hotel or car park anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

bray appoint maciej tarnogrodzki as caretaker boss

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

peteeeed wrote: »

Who?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Who?

think he was with shels then took over bray u-19's , by all accounts he's a seatwarmer until mick cooke takes over

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The poor sap running the clubs Facebook page is jumping through hoops to deny any wrongdoing.

Such a shame this has happened, there seemed to be a real effort to make this season one to remember. It is now, but not for the reasons they wanted I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

think he was with shels then took over bray u-19's , by all accounts he's a seatwarmer until mick cooke takes over

He was with the underage teams (possibly even the under 19s although I hadn't heard that myself). Id know him to see from the meetings and that, don't believe he was involved with the first team on a permanent basis at any stage (may have assisted Doherty when he was caretaker).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Bray Wanderers FC Club Statement
    Bray Wanderers is delighted to confirm the appointment of Maciej Tarnogrodzki as caretaker first team coach with immediate effect.

Maciej has worked on youth development at Bray Wanderers over the past season and has overseen the Bray Wanderers under 19s team. He joined the Seagulls in 2012 after a stint at Shelbourne FC.

We would like to thank Maciej for taking charge of training and first team duties last night, and he has the full support of the club and first team squad of players.

Speaking last night, Maciej Tarnogrodzki said, “We had a fantastic training session with the squad. There was a very positive and professional response from the players and we are all now fully focused on Friday and our main priority is picking up points. Our captain David Cassidy, despite injury, even took a small part in training last night and all of the players are fully behind the job at hand. The plan is very simple… we need to score goals, pick up points and move up the table. We have a very talented, young squad who are fully committed to Bray Wanderers. Results will come, we have no doubt.”

Bray Wanderers would like to thank Alan Mathews for his service to the club over the past few months. Alan was an extremely important part of the club’s survival last season. We would also like to thank his backroom team for their dedication and passion for Bray Wanderers.

Unfortunately results did not go our way during the opening games of the season, however the club is extremely confident this run of form will end and turn around.

The club would like to reassure supporters that the positive plans for Bray Wanderers are still unchanged.

The Board and Owners of Bray Wanderers are fully committed, as a priority, to sustaining the club’s Premier League status and keeping the club alive financially. There are ongoing initiatives to improve the club both on and off the pitch. These include plans to further improve and utilise facilities at the stadium, as we understand the importance of our home ground to supporters.

Finally, we would like to thank the community of Wicklow for supporting Bray Wanderers throughout the recent change of owners and management. Bray Wanderers is fully committed to youth development both on and off the pitch and we will continue to do so through Ardmore Rovers and Phoenix Youth. We will continue to inject this youth into match days and we are constantly working to change Saturday evening at the Carlisle Grounds into a family evening out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Well no one can say Bray didn't go for a big name option as caretaker manager.

I'd put money on them not making it until the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

NIMAN wrote: »
    April Fool?
    Bray not,Richie Towell one defo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

red sean wrote: »
    Roddy Collins, c'mon down! The job is right!

A club that cannot be relegated/destroyed and Roddy Collins, it's a dangerous combination - they should just take the trophy now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement