Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumors, Gossip, Transfers etc 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

doncarlos wrote: »
    UCD didn't make any contribution, domestic matches have no impact.
    i was wondering how we didnt cost them it redface.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

It should go to the team that topped the fair play league that is still in the highest division. Sending UCD to play in Europe will put a dent in the coefficient which could affect other teams chances of being seeded.

UCD finished third in fair play league after Dundalk and Cork.
    But it doesn't. The rules clearly allow teams that are now in the second tier. We're the highest team in last season's fair play league that aren't already in Europe so we deserve it.
    wadacrack wrote: »
    They arent upto to it. It wont look good for Irish football. A team getting hammered. Derry City could progress and hep our co-efficient
    Because Irish teams generally take the Europa League by storm don't they.
    Going out in round 1 will make little or no difference to Ireland's coefficient compared to going out in round 2.
    There isn't a hope of the game being played in Belfield.
    We've gotten UEFA Licences in 2011 and 2012 for Belfield. No reason to believe that we won't get it this year. Depends on the team we're drawn against
    MD1990 wrote: »
    I know that but there crowds are a disgrace. Not deserving of European football as they are in the 1st division too & finished 3rd in the Fair Play standings.
    I was waiting on this "argument" to pop up. Surely then no Irish team should get European football as very few of them get over 1 or 2 thousand at games. Shur League 2 crowds in England are generally higher than that :rolleyes:

Absolutely delighted. Booked the first two weeks off in July so I can get to the away game. Will probably never get a chance of European football again so I'm determined to make the most of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Pat's and Rovers has been cancelled tonight. Waterlogged pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Some might be bemused that UCD got the place and I'm no fan of them, but to suggest they shouldn't be given it is absolutely ludicrous. Get over yourself.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yep, enjoy the game, I'll be cheering for you.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

My head will explode if we draw West Ham who are in the running for the English spot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

My head will explode if we draw West Ham who are in the running for the English spot.

.....but your team would be through to the next round ;)

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    .....but your team would be through to the next round ;)
    That is also true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Yea its completely unfaroe :o
    Oh, that's in Iceland - unlucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Is this something likely to be an issue? I've no idea what is needed to get said license.
    No idea to be honest. Can't imagine "The Bowl" will be an issue - I imagine they'll be looking to The Aviva for the home games anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How does Ireland consistently come in the top of the fairplay league with the refs we have :confused:

In other mad news.

Roddy Collins will be Waterfords next manager.

Croly offered a 3 year deal with Bray.

Roddy Collins Jr is a premier league player with Crystal Palace, he is fcuking awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

dreamers75 wrote: »
    How does Ireland consistently come in the top of the fairplay league with the refs we have :confused:

In other mad news.

Roddy Collins will be Waterfords next manager.

Croly offered a 3 year deal with Bray.

Roddy Collins Jr is a premier league player with Crystal Palace, he is fcuking awful.

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Wait, what? Is this some joke that has gone over my head or something?

Oat23 wrote: »
    Wait, what? Is this some joke that has gone over my head or something?

Mother of sweet divine...

The fúck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Has to be one of those Brazilian lads named after famous people. Like Pikachu or John Lennon.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Has to be one of those Brazilian lads named after famous people. Like Pikachu or John Lennon.

Ha the thoughts of some Brazilian oulfella watching Rod Squad on TV and thinking...... i must name my son after him!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

BOHtox wrote: »

That's the answer to a lot of stuff.

Bray having 3 managers in the first round of games?

UCD getting Europa League football despite being in the second tier and drawing as many people as a junior infants nativity play?

Roddy Collins getting a job at LOI club number 8?
    You better believe that's the #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

Only 5 wins in the last 7, Dundalk need to cop themselves on.

Bohs have the league record points in the current format, 72 i think it is from 2008

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

That was a beautiful season, so it was. In fairness, by match 9 it was pretty obvious that Bohs were going to win the league. Leagues like that are no fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Be surprised if UCD play in Tallaght, SDCC rent is mental money supposedly. Guess they'd have it in Richmond no?

Think Belfield will be fine.

Roddy getting 2 and half year deal with Waterford :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Roddy getting 2 and half year deal with Waterford :confused:

Talk about adding insult to injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Drogs gone 1 up on Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

secman wrote: »
    Drogs gone 1 up on Cork

They can't play defensively now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

They can't play defensively now

City don't play defensively, at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

2-1 too city now

Make that 3-1 city, drogs now down to 9 !! Great comeback

• Advertisement

0-0 Pats Rovers we couldnt break them down and they couldnt sneak it.

Lee Desmond was outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Very harsh on Drogheda tonight. 2 sendings off looked harsh especially the 2nd for the peno.

They deserved the lead in 1st half after nice goal on the break. Will take the 3 points and 2nd half was much better from us, although that would not be hard as City were truly awful in first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Dundalk will be happy with that 0-0. Out of interest what teams are training full time in LOI. Dundalk, Rovers, Cork and St Pats. Then the rest part-time? How many times a week do the part time teams train?

I'm just happy that the result of a Rovers v Pats game is still relevant to us at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Dundalk will be happy with that 0-0. Out of interest what teams are training full time in LOI. Dundalk, Rovers, Cork and St Pats. Then the rest part-time? How many times a week do the part time teams train?

I know Sligo are full time also, however long thats going to last for.

1st half from City tonight was the worst I've ever seen following them, brutal stuff from 1 to 11. But I have to say they showed great determination to score early in the second half and just pushed on from there then. Harsh second red for Drogehda, the ball looked to hit him in the stomach rather then the hand, but I can't say I feel too sorry for them, they started time wasting in the 30th minute and one of their player actually got a yellow for time wasting at the end of the first half.

Anyway, thats a game out of the way to concentrate more on Europe in July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

We were the far better team in the first half and should have put away one of a few decent chances with Luke Byrne, Cregg and Mcphail playing well. Lost our shape when Mcphail went off and pats all over us for about 20 minutes of the second before the game basically crawled off and died.

• Advertisement

Lee Desmond was outstanding.

We told you he is a class act :) he'll be gone soon though.

Aaron Callaghan to Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

We told you he is a class act :) he'll be gone soon though.

Desmond is very good, but i think Hoare is better. He will probaly be playing in England next season.

Desmond is very good, but i think Hoare is better. He will probaly be playing in England next season.

Desmond turned down Scotland and England last summer. He turned down being a replacement to Andrew Roberston at Dundee Utd to finish his studies over here and mature a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

CHealy wrote: »
    I know Sligo are full time also, however long thats going to last for.

Just the 87 years ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

It varies but I think most part-time sides train three nights a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Question lads on the full time training, what happens too the likes of Dan Murray then? He has a full time job so obviously miss's certain sessions depending on how his shift falls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Galway United train during the day and very few of the players have another job. A good few are in college though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

qwabercd wrote: »
    Just the 87 years ;)

Congratulations on 87 years of being full time in the League of Ireland, although somehow I don't think thats true.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Question lads on the full time training, what happens too the likes of Dan Murray then? He has a full time job so obviously miss's certain sessions depending on how his shift falls

Dan is at a stage where he doesn't need to do much training. Anyone thats seen him play recently knows what I'm on about. Not that he's playing badly or anything but he's definitely approaching the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

How many times a week do the part time teams train?
    Galway United train in the mornings on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, have a game on Friday and the players are back in on Saturday morning again. They have Wednesday's and Sunday's off generally.

The players also go to the gym in the afternoon at least twice a week after training in the morning and they are fed in between sessions by a voluntary club chef, who works for a hotel in Galway city. The players are very well looked after and I'd imagine the training regime is similar to a lot of the "top" clubs in the country. I'm not sure I'd class it as part-time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Roddy Collins formally announced by Waterford today. I am highly amused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

No ... unless something goes very wrong ... (famous last words)

The rumour came on account of the website he contributes to posting an article saying why they think he'd be a great candidate for the job!!! Which in itself is kinda laughable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Setanta cup scrapped for this year at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

It's hard to know what to do with a competition like that. I really like the idea as do most people I would think. Scheduling is very difficult though because both seasons don't run at the same time.

BOHtox wrote: »
    Scheduling is very difficult though because both seasons don't run at the same time.

Was summer football discussed up North recently or am I imagining that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Fair play to Owen and the lads for retaining the Setanta Cup. Didn't think we'd manage it this year. Looking forward to the reception at the town hall over the weekend.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement