Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumors, Gossip, Transfers etc 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Heard Quigley to Waterford a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Before or after their annual emergency fundraising drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

CSF wrote: »
    Before or after their annual emergency fundraising drive?

Heard he's the main prize in the raffle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Quigley wouldnt be a fit in at Dundalk but he is a seriously seriously good baller and i'm a huge fan of his.I would love to see him back playing at the top level here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Quigley wouldnt be a fit in at Dundalk but he is a seriously seriously good baller and i'm a huge fan of his.I would love to see him back playing at the top level here.

Good baller when he feels like it and not moping around the pitch. He's an unnecessary luxury.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

monkey9 wrote: »
    Good baller when he feels like it and not moping around the pitch. He's an unnecessary luxury.

Lazy, lazy player. I remember seeing him tie his laces and a free ball five yards from him, no heart.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Pighead wrote: »
    Pretty good video about the recent Bohs-Rovers derby.

Superb video. I have no idea, but I imagine this is just a small English production company and they make a better advertisement for the League of Ireland than our national broadcasters has managed in the last 3 or 4 years in a highlights programme. I am from the west and I had no idea the Dublin Derby was such an occasion and I'm a LOI fan.
    Makes me wonder would the league be better off having some sort of a magazine programme rather than highlights 2 or 3 days after the match has been played. Something that captures fans enthusiasm for certain games and talks to people behind the scenes. Similar to the Champions League Magazine programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Amazing that Quigley is still trying to con a contract somewhere. His best days are long gone and all that's left is the attitude and lack of professionalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

anncoates wrote: »
    His best days are long gone

He's only 29 for christ sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

He's only 29 for christ sake.

Not really anything to do with age to be honest, he's not going to playing for the likes of Rovers or Pats again I would bet, considering his last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Corholio wrote: »
    Not really anything to do with age to be honest, he's not going to playing for the likes of Rovers or Pats again I would bet, considering his last few years.

Believe we offered him a deal but it was pay as you play.

John Caulfield | "If KR sit back it's ok because we're used to it at Turners Cross with a lot of the Dublin teams doing that this season."

Caulfield clearly on inchicores finest crack cocaine.

Anyone want to spot the glaring flaw in his bull****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dreamers75 wrote: »

Your lot haven't been down there yet this season and neither have Bohs as far as I can make out. That 0-0 with Shamrock Rovers a couple of weeks ago is the sum total of Cork's results against the Dub teams so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Your lot haven't been down there yet this season and neither have Bohs as far as I can make out. That 0-0 with Shamrock Rovers a couple of weeks ago is the sum total of Cork's results against the Dub teams so far.

And Rovers were the ones trying to win that game.

Such a bullsh1tter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If he's starting to repeat it unsolicited (it was slightly more understandable before the Rovers game), that's not a good sign for him. He may start to be believing it. First sign of pressure getting to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Obsessed

gimmick wrote: »
    Obsessed

Yeah he is, how you feeling about that? I know Dolan tried that **** before and it worked sort off.

I'm hardly Caulfield's biggest fan, but the continuous digs at things he says is a bit......weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

The Newstalk documentary on Ollie Byrne won a silver award at the New York Festivals World's Best Radio Programs.

If you haven't heard it the show is available in the below link.

http://www.newstalk.com/New-York-Festivals-Worlds-Best-Radio-Programs-Eoin-Brennan-Ollie-Byrne-Never-Ignored-Ollies-Reds

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Corholio wrote: »
    I'm hardly Caulfield's biggest fan, but the continuous digs at things he says is a bit......weird.

If somebody in the league comes out with an obvious lie, I expect to see them get called up on it regardless of who they are or what club they are involved in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

In fairness any of the Dublin clubs that played us in past 15 months seem to least be set up in way to snatch a win.

Caulfield not right here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

James English signs for Shelbourne's senior side from Darndale FC.

In the 2012/13 season English played with Ayrfield United, managed by ex-Shelbourne players Robbie Hedderman and Alan Keely, in the AUL Premier A.

The following season, he moved to Kilbarrack United in Premier A, where he scored 25 goals in the season.

2014/15 saw James moved back to his local club, Darndale FC, scoring 45 goals in the season, while helping his side to the double - the AUL Premier C League title and the Regency Hotel Cup.

James English has been part of the Republic of Ireland Amateur International squad for the past two and a half years.

While James joins the Reds, we can confirm that Jordan Keegan has left the club by mutual consent. We wish Jordan every success in his future career.

Rumours of Keegan to Waterford, pish poor attitude and didn't turn up for training and sh1t. Roddy is welcome too him. Wasted talent.

Looks like Forrester and Towell and the rovers lad got new boots.

INPHO_00942763.jpg

INPHO_00942758.jpg

INPHO_00942759.jpg

Are you an ACE or an X Player?
    Thursday 25th June 2015: Dundalk FC’s Richie Towell, Shamrock Rovers’ Brandon Miele, and St. Patrick’s Athletic’s Chris Forrester launched the new adidas range of ACE and X football boots today in Dublin.
    The ACE15 and X15 boots will be available from Life Style Sports outlets nationwide from 1st July 2015 and can be pre-ordered from www.lifestylesports.com

Manky boots but good to see stuff like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Rumours of Keegan to Waterford, pish poor attitude and didn't turn up for training and sh1t. Roddy is welcome too him. Wasted talent.

There was talk of him coming to Athlone too when Roddy was down here.
    Seems like a waster but a striker is on our shopping list in the window so he might end up here yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Looks like Forrester and Towell and the rovers lad got new boots.
    Looks like Forrester lost his.

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    There was talk of him coming to Athlone too when Roddy was down here.
    Seems like a waster but a striker is on our shopping list in the window so he might end up here yet!

He's not a striker, centre mid or attacking centre. He was really good last season, then he came back completely unfit and in bad shape altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

We're announcing our new manager today according to a rovers fan page on twitter.

https://twitter.com/SRAMBanter/status/614328898138959872

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

RICO time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

an extra four pages in the program then!

• Advertisement

He's not a striker, centre mid or attacking centre. He was really good last season, then he came back completely unfit and in bad shape altogether.

Few years ago I was convinced if he got the head down and worked he would have moved to UK from us. He didnt and ended out with some LSL side.

Few years ago I was convinced if he got the head down and worked he would have moved to UK from us. He didnt and ended out with some LSL side.

I've heard rumours of him having problems, that'd probably be a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    RICO time

id live with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Surely RTE will have the Dundalk vs Bate games live? At least the home tie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

MD1990 wrote: »

- Mullahball season

- BATE not really known to barstoolers

Prognosis doubtful.

I've heard rumours of him having problems, that'd probably be a factor.

Yeah he would defintley be most suited to Pats........

Setanta should show Dundalk, BT intend to show every game in the comp (dunno how) same with Europa (also dunno how).

Dundalk are not really a draw so RTE won't be that bothered.

Maybe there's a slight chance they'll show it if the tie is still alive going to Oriel Park. Doubtful though.

Anyway dates for first leg have been finally confirmed. Wednesday 15th July in lovely Belarus. Chartered flight has also been confirmed. €650 all in.

Maybe there's a slight chance they'll show it if the tie is still alive going to Oriel Park. Doubtful though.

Anyway dates for first leg have been finally confirmed. Wednesday 15th July in lovely Belarus. Chartered flight has also been confirmed. €650 all in.

That is stiff. How many nights will you stay? 1?

Chartered flight has also been confirmed. €650 all in.

****!!!

300 inc Hotel for us next week, if we get next round hoping 350 will cover it (may be sleeping in a park)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Charter for Dundalk is sold out already.

That is stiff. How many nights will you stay? 1?
    Yeah that's one night. Price includes, flights, hotel, visa, transfers and match ticket. Flight sold out in minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

In fairness any of the Dublin clubs that played us in past 15 months seem to least be set up in way to snatch a win.

Have they? They haven't won any matches and they haven't scored many goals against us at the Cross. Bohs played a very high line against us on a horrid night in April 2014 when goal kicks weren't able to travel 15-20 yards against the wind. They were fairly attacking against us in the 2-2 in the Cup later on in the season, as well. Otherwise, the Dublin sides haven't really gone for it here. It's only been Dundalk that have really attacked us at home and, unsurprisingly, Dundalk are the only side that have beaten us at the Cross in the last year and a half.

League record against Dublin sides under Caulfield:

Home/Away | P | W | D | L | GF | GA | GD | Points
    Home | 8 | 5 | 3 | 0 | 10 | 3 | +7 | 18
    Away | 8 | 3 | 3 | 2 | 10 | 6 | +4 | 12

I don't see why the Dubs are taking it to heart, anyway. Of course teams are going to sit back away from home against the top teams in the league and try to snatch a goal. In Europe, with the away goals rule, you have to be very mindful of it. We'll probably be setting up like that in the second leg. A 1-0 at home in the first leg would be a fantastic result, then try and hit them on the counter away from home.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Have they? They haven't won any matches and they haven't scored many goals against us at the Cross. Bohs played a very high line against us on a horrid night in April 2014 when goal kicks weren't able to travel 15-20 yards against the wind. They were fairly attacking against us in the 2-2 in the Cup later on in the season, as well. Otherwise, the Dublin sides haven't really gone for it here. It's only been Dundalk that have really attacked us at home and, unsurprisingly, Dundalk are the only side that have beaten us at the Cross in the last year and a half.

League record against Dublin sides under Caulfield:

Home/Away | P | W | D | L | GF | GA | GD | Points
    Home | 8 | 5 | 3 | 0 | 10 | 3 | +7 | 18
    Away | 8 | 3 | 3 | 2 | 10 | 6 | +4 | 12

I don't see why the Dubs are taking it to heart, anyway. Of course teams are going to sit back away from home against the top teams in the league and try to snatch a goal. In Europe, with the away goals rule, you have to be very mindful of it. We'll probably be setting up like that in the second leg. A 1-0 at home in the first leg would be a fantastic result, then try and hit them on the counter away from home.

Wow instead of doing all that homework maybe you should have read the quote?
    John Caulfield | "If KR sit back it's ok because we're used to it at Turners Cross with a lot of the Dublin teams doing that this season."

Where you have played 1 team at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

& were outplayed by the Dublin team & hung on for the draw.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Maybe you should have read the post that I was replying to.

DvB wrote: »
    & were outplayed by the Dublin team & hung on for the draw.

Lol. Shams came to Turners Cross that night with a point in mind. They were absolutely horrible. So were we mind you.

Neither team out played anyone and both were quite happy to "hang on for the draw".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Lol. Shams came to Turners Cross that night with a point in mind. They were absolutely horrible. So were we mind you.

Neither team out played anyone and both were quite happy to "hang on for the draw".

I partially disagree, at the outset you could argue that Rovers would be content with a point, but as the game progressed it was clear that they were the only team genuinely looking /likely to win it... Cork were on the back foot & no amount of revisionism will change that.

Put it this way, its not often I walk out of TC disappointed with a draw (our record there over the years is truly awful) but I did that night as Cork were there for the taking & maybe not by much but Rovers definitely had more about them.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Honestly no revisionism here. I said at the time it was 2 awful teams in an absolutely god awful game.

• Advertisement

Rovers had the better spell of pressure and certainly were better with the ball, they had more of a go with the pressure than us in fairness. If Rovers were 'horrible' we were absolutely atrocious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement