Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumors, Gossip, Transfers etc 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

There just isn't a striker capable of scoring 20 plus goals.
    I assume you mean apart from the striker who scored 20 plus goals last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I assume you mean apart from the striker who scored 20 plus goals last season.

Are you talking about the man that is now plying his trade for the mighty Oxford United and has scored an astonishing 2 goals in about 20 games since joining?Would that be who you are talking about?

Are you talking about the man that is now plying his trade for the mighty Oxford United and has scored a mighty 2 goals in over 20 games. Would that be who you are talking about?
    No, the other one who scored 20 goals last season.

No, the other one who scored 20 goals last season.

Oh my mistake, you mean the lad that been on a treatment table all season

Oh my mistake, you mean the lad that been on a treatment table all season
    Now you're on the trolley.

Now you're on the trolley.

Ffs all that for one player? Ya the league is blessed with quality strikers

Ffs all that for one player? Ya the league is blessed with quality strikers
    Well I had rather assumed you'd know who I was talking about the first time and were just purposely omitting him, so I didn't foresee this drawn out conversation. I didn't really plan for you not knowing there was a striker in the league who 12 months ago had done exactly what you said there's nobody in the league capable of doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Picking teams/players of the year where almost no one has seen many of the games (or even highlights tbh) is impossible. O'Sullivan is obviously just a token non-Dundalk nominee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Any idea where he's going across the water too?

Heard PeterBoro but think he is on a 2 year deal with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

How did Schlingerman get in goal for team of the year? Drogs have the 3rd most conceded goals in the league. Has he been amazing despite that?
    Remember Shay Given's man of the match for Newcastle ina 5-0 defeat....?

Wohoo first playoff game tonight, think there is 3 buses enroute plus the rest. Been so long!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

So Dinny was saving all his energy to play gaa for Donabate !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    So Dinny was saving all his energy to play gaa for Donabate !

Not really surprised after reading that. Those are the types of player we have in the squad this season and are the reason we'll either go straight down or lose the playoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Oat23 wrote: »
    Not really surprised after reading that. Those are the types of player we have in the squad this season and are the reason we'll either go straight down or lose the playoff.

i have a funny feeling we will be bottom of table by close of play tonight

i have to agree that its a long time since i seen a bunch of players with no pride or passion for the club, to watch the subs having a laugh on the pitch at half time last saturday night made me so mad, i nearly felt like running on and kicking them up the hole, only thing that stopped me was the size of elding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

dinny corcoran not playing tonight then? when as the GAA game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Not sure the club haven't said anything, he has played a few games apparently.

Eamonn Deacy Park has won pitch of the year.

https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/657563072949784576

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Haven't been there in a few years. Was always a terrible surface! Good to see a club putting effort in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's like a carpet now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Haven't been there in a few years. Was always a terrible surface! Good to see a club putting effort in.

It's the Galway FA's ground, assume they're responsible for the maintenance of the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

I think the quality of the pitch, in LOI, is down to resources. At Ferrycarrig Park, we do damn well for one man looking after the entire complex

Congrats Galway, an award worth winning

I seem to remember playing them in an epic midweek 4:4 game, under Connor I think? The pitch was awful that night. Next time I was back it was great.

They've been in the running for pitch of the year for many years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I think the quality of the pitch, in LOI, is down to resources. At Ferrycarrig Park, we do damn well for one man looking after the entire complex

Congrats Galway, an award worth winning
    Far too many teams in recent years have had the resources and not put anything into their pitch or any other area of their ground. Our current back to back champions could do with addressing this particular issue.

The Terryland pitch is usually excellent. Especially considering there's 100+ matches played on it a year. It won the award in 2007 and 2008 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Far too many teams in recent years have had the resources and not put anything into their pitch or any other area of their ground. Our current back to back champions could do with addressing this particular issue.

Oh yeah? Lets see how easy you find it to cross cut an acre of plastic strands every second day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Our pitch is maintained as well as is possible.

• Advertisement

The pitch is plastic so I assume AgileMyth was talking about the state of the ground around the pitch, unless work has been done since I was last there?

No its not, astro needs to be replaced after a certain amount of hours. I assume thats top priority in the close season.

There is nothing wrong with good astros just yours is ****e, Blanch IT have a cracking grade 4 pitch.

Bolger and Browne had some issues this week and unlikely to play for Pats again, shame to end their stint like that. Both have over 100 apps and there is a nice way to leave and well.....a not nice way. Shame both decent players for the club Bolger right up until his transfer fiasco and his shameful game in Oriel. Browne just not fit enough sadly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Oat23 wrote: »
    unless work has been done since I was last there?

I doubt it, it's like going back to 1955.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Same oul sh1te about OP.Do you folks read anything thats posted here at all?.Dundalk board are trying to change it all around at OP.Give it a fecking break for a while at least or maybe until the start of the season 2016 and we'll see where we stand then.
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-fc-statement-on-lease/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Heard PeterBoro but think he is on a 2 year deal with us.

You sure? His aul lad was fairly confident he would be making a one season stop after Shels before going abroad. He turned down a few British offers last season to mature/study.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Thanks for the very kind offer Capt, I could have got in to the city, but unfortunately I am working that weekend. Would have been a good way to break my LOI drought of nearly 9 years.

If you're still interested, I'll be heading to Tallaght on Friday.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

You sure? His aul lad was fairly confident he would be making a one season stop after Shels before going abroad. He turned down a few British offers last season to mature/study.

Nope not sure about contract, he will do well abroad.

Most likely our YPOTY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Pete Mahon has been named as the Drogs manager for the last league game plus the playoffs. Mark Kinsella doesn't have the badges apparently, so was on a time-limit.

Pete Mahon has been named as the Drogs manager for the last league game plus the playoffs. Mark Kinsella doesn't have the badges apparently, so was on a time-limit.

Shocking stuff and probably a hint of desperation to it too,as they could have applied to the FAI for special dispensation. I doubt even the FAI would have been stupid enough to refuse.
    It's more likely they are hoping they end up in a play off and mahon can see them through the 2 games.

Was he not there already as Mc Donnells and then Kinsellas assistant?

Was he not there already as Mc Donnells and then Kinsellas assistant?

I thought Kinnella was Mcdonnell 's assistant? Even if mahon was, making a change before the last game is desperation. Surely when they appointed Kinnella it was for the remainder of the season, all that was needed was a quick phone call to the FAI saying that his 60days falls just short for the last game and a possible play off and would it be alright if he saw out those games.

I thought Kinnella was Mcdonnell 's assistant? Even if mahon was, making a change before the last game is desperation. Surely when they appointed Kinnella it was for the remainder of the season, all that was needed was a quick phone call to the FAI saying that his 60days falls just short for the last game and a possible play off and would it be alright if he saw out those games.
    Haha yeah that'll work.

Haha yeah that'll work.

Haha you again! Well then don't hire a man that can't see out the season. It's a disaster changing a manager at this stage and will probably push them over the edge.

Good news today for Galway United, with Ryan Connolly and Colm Horgan signing up for next season. http://galwayunitedfc.ie/connolly-and-horgan-pen-new-deals-with-united/

I dont think this changes anything Kinsella is still in charge? ;) His exemption ran out and i guess they did contact the FAI and this was the answer?

Dunno maybe drogs fan can confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

I dont think this changes anything Kinsella is still in charge? ;) His exemption ran out and i guess they did contact the FAI and this was the answer?

Dunno maybe drogs fan can confirm.

Looks like you are correct.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/drogheda-send-for-mahon-to-solve-kinsella-issue-for-relegation-dday-34151034.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Good news today for Galway United, with Ryan Connolly and Colm Horgan signing up for next season. http://galwayunitedfc.ie/connolly-and-horgan-pen-new-deals-with-united/

Great news, our most consistent defender and our most important/creative player going forward, bodes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

RTE reporting that Bristol Rovers are interested in Richie Towell. It would be extremely disappointing if one of the best players the league has seen in a few years left for a club in league 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

not a hope Towell will be leaving for league 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

wadacrack wrote: »
    not a hope Towell will be leaving for league 2
    Spot on. No chance he ends up there unless they offer him ridiculous money. Lure of three in a row with Dundalk May be enough for us to hang on to him for one more year.

RTE reporting that Bristol Rovers are interested in Richie Towell. It would be extremely disappointing if one of the best players the league has seen in a few years left for a club in league 2.

Poor endictment of the league as a whole this one. He went over last year looking for a championship club and there were no bites.
    Now the best that has come up is a league 2 club that are saying they'd be interested but they haven't bothered to send anyone over to scout him yet.
    It's looking like if he wants to play in England he'll have to start in lower league and work his way up. Says alot about what they think about LOI too. I think some people got carried away with Long, Mcclean and Coleman stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Poor endictment of the league as a whole this one. He went over last year looking for a championship club and there were no bites.
    Now the best that has come up is a league 2 club that are saying they'd be interested but they haven't bothered to send anyone over to scout him yet.
    It's looking like if he wants to play in England he'll have to start in lower league and work his way up. Says alot about what they think about LOI too. I think some people got carried away with Long, Mcclean and Coleman stories.

Looking at those three you mentioned, the common denominator is that they all go like the clappers for 90 minutes - willing to chase every 50/50 ball, but wouldn't be the most skilful players you've ever seen. Maybe a good insight to what scouts are looking for.

Looking at those three you mentioned, the common denominator is that they all go like the clappers for 90 minutes - willing to chase every 50/50 ball, but wouldn't be the most skilful players you've ever seen. Maybe a good insight to what scouts are looking for.

I don't know if that's it at all. Towell is pretty mobile himself but does have alot of deficiencies in his game.
    At the end of the day he failed to get games at hibs.
    Our other talented midfielder until recently, is now mid table in league one.
    It's put people's claims for players getting Irish caps into perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

In fairness Bristol Rovers are just a club who have made their interest known through an interview, doesn't mean there aren't higher up clubs after him as well so I think it's quite flimsy to say it's an indictment of a whole league just from that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement