Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumors, Gossip, Transfers etc 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Shels are privately owned.

Atm anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Sounds like some interviews for Sligo job took place in Dublin last day or two. Not sure who done the interview, surely they should have elected a new board before they went ahead with it.

Wonder will it be out for the fans meeting this evening?

Hearing Curtis Flemming for Sligo job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Hearing Curtis Flemming for Sligo job.
    How reliable is the source?

red sean wrote: »
    How reliable is the source?

Probably not good as I heard it was also in the Sun today (I didn't read the sun to find out though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Thanks for the reply joey.
    Well if it was in the sun it must be fact!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

red sean wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply joey.
    Well if it was in the sun it must be fact!!

Well, to be fair, they probably tapped into Curtis' phone to get the story so it could well be accurate.

Now talk of Teale and some Robertson guys rumours and more rumours guess we will know soon though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I kmow we often complain about the managerial merry go round in LOI, but would Sligo not be better suited getting an experienced LOI head with a few years management behind him rather than looking abroad for someone who doesn't know the league?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

gimmick wrote: »
    I kmow we often complain about the managerial merry go round in LOI, but would Sligo not be better suited getting an experienced LOI head with a few years management behind him rather than looking abroad for someone who doesn't know the league?
    What are the options in that category?

We've generally done OK when bringing in managers from abroad, I'd prefer we stick to that policy.

Paul Doolin, Damien Richardson, Mick Cooke, Martin Russell? I know none are "available", but all would be a steady hand after the disaster of a season you have just had.

Or is there anyone within the club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

AgileMyth wrote: »
    What are the options in that category?

We've generally done OK when bringing in managers from abroad, I'd prefer we stick to that policy.

Trevor Croly?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Roddy Collins could probably be prised away from Waterford

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Terrible options all.

As for within the club, no, let's not go down that route again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Limerick re-sign Duggan who was linked with a move to City and Pats. The 1st Division could be very competitive next season, I'm sure Limerick, Drogheda and UCD will be looking to win it with Shels, Cobh, Waterford and maybe Athlone all looking for a playoff spot. I think Cobh could be a great outside bet especially if they sign John O'Flynn and possibly Liam Kearney.

Talk down south of Gearoid Morrissey coming back to Cork from Cambridge.

• Advertisement

CHealy wrote: »
    Limerick re-sign Duggan who was linked with a move to City and Pats. The 1st Division could be very competitive next season, I'm sure Limerick, Drogheda and UCD will be looking to win it with Shels, Cobh, Waterford and maybe Athlone all looking for a playoff spot. I think Cobh could be a great outside bet especially if they sign John O'Flynn and possibly Liam Kearney.

Talk down south of Gearoid Morrissey coming back to Cork from Cambridge.

No loss really. I do not see him as better than what we already have and we need fellas in to improve the first team. Our midfield this season was basically shíte. Miller was pretty bang average at best. Garry Buckley was poor bar a game here and there. Healy was terrible throughout. Dunleavy was ok in there, but not his natural position and Dan Murray was shoe horned in from time to time. Then Hoolohan couldnt get a look in, presumably as he wasnt impressing in training.

Bolger is a great start mind.

No loss really. I do not see him as better than what we already have and we need fellas in to improve the first team. Our midfield this season was basically shíte. Miller was pretty bang average at best. Garry Buckley was poor bar a game here and there. Healy was terrible throughout. Dunleavy was ok in there, but not his natural position and Dan Murray was shoe horned in from time to time. Then Hoolohan couldnt get a look in, presumably as he wasnt impressing in training.

Agree with all that, most dissapointing for me was Buckley, I really thought he'd push on from having a fantastic season in '13. Moving Murray to DCM is not, and cannot be the answer if we are going to win the league and Bolger will be a good start there, but we need so much more quality to go with it.

Is it me or is this year much more quieter than last? Seems like theres hardly any signings happening wheras this time last year we had 90% of our squad signed by this stage. That goes for all teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Agree with all that, most dissapointing for me was Buckley, I really thought he'd push on from having a fantastic season in '13. Moving Murray to DCM is not, and cannot be the answer if we are going to win the league and Bolger will be a good start there, but we need so much more quality to go with it.

Is it me or is this year much more quieter than last? Seems like theres hardly any signings happening wheras this time last year we had 90% of our squad signed by this stage. That goes for all teams.

You could be right but I guess our focus was on the cup final up to 10 days ago, Whereas last year the season effectively ended on the 24th of October. I'd imagine there is a lot going on atm trying to secure new deals for existing players which we will hear about in due course.

Id prefer careful consideration rather than a scatter gun approach. No more Kieran Djilalis and Anthony Eldings please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Duggan is overrated, had some great performances during our run, but was more like captain invisible during the last season and most of this season...

• Advertisement

Id prefer careful consideration rather than a scatter gun approach. No more Kieran Djilalis and Anthony Eldings please.
    We can offer you a Dinny Corcoran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

AgileMyth wrote: »
    We can offer you a Dinny Corcoran.

Is he that bad? Never really noticed him in games against us but always seems to get positive reports

I think it's make our break for Caulfield. Needs to change his philosophies as well as make a couple more good signings to make Cork a real force

doncarlos wrote: »
    Is he that bad? Never really noticed him in games against us but always seems to get positive reports
    I only got to one game this year so I'm not best placed to say. All reports were bad though. He also missed a game to go to a wedding and played a gah match for some team in Dublin in the midst of a relegation battle..

He scores a few goals though.

I think it's make our break for Caulfield. Needs to change his philosophies as well as make a couple more good signings to make Cork a real force

It is a huge season for him. We arguably need 6 more new players and they all need to hit the ground running.

We finished 2nd and were cup finalists in 2015. Thats a good season in anyones language, but it was a really nothing season for us. I always got the feeling that it never got going. We were never really in the title race and as long as Dundalk were in the cup I don't think many were overly confident of us winning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

http://sportforbusiness.com/womens-tv-gap-narrows/
    The average number tuning into the game between Wexford Youths and Shelbourne climbed to 71,000 from 34,000 12 months ago while the peak number watching hit 129,000, up a massive 70,000 from last year

That figure is only 3,000 short of last year’s peak figure for the Men’s final and the average for this year’s game between Cork City and Dundalk. The peak for the Men’s final this year hit 185,000.

Great to see the viewership for both finals doing so well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

To be fair to Sligo, the experienced loi head didn't work out for them. I think Croly would be worth a punt though.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

David Robertson to be appointed on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

David Robertson to be appointed on Friday.

this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Robertson_(footballer,_born_1968)

• Advertisement

Dave Robertson appointed. No idea what to think of that. I was the same when we appointed Cook and Baraclough though and they worked out OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Two year contract..
    hcsg3.gif

If this ends up a disaster and his compensation for early dismissal is anything more than a supermacs voucher I''ll be done with Sligo Rovers.

Good luck to him though. Tough job on.

I hope there is performance milestones in the contract that would allow us to get out cheap. The level of debt built up can be mostly attributed to extra costs of paying off people I would imagine.

Hopefully we get some stability.

I hope there is performance milestones in the contract that would allow us to get out cheap. The level of debt built up can be mostly attributed to extra costs of paying off people I would imagine.

Hopefully we get some stability.

Actually, they told us the other night at the RAR meeting that compensation paid to managers only makes up a small percentage of the debt built up. Most of it came from a drop in matchday revenue the past two seasons.

This is from an interview he did talking about his time as a marine.
    cOLpE3o.png

Running up Knocknarea will be a daily warm up under this fella.

Kenny Browne signs for City as expected. An overall feeling of meh with that one, very little to get the excitement going.

Kenny Browne signs for City as expected. An overall feeling of meh with that one, very little to get the excitement going.

No better than what you currently have. Could be a replacement for a retiree or Dennehey leaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

No better than what you currently have. Could be a replacement for a retiree or Dennehey leaving?

Hopefully he's dennehys partner. With either Dan or Benno or both playing second fiddle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Oat23 wrote: »
    ... If this ends up a disaster and his compensation for early dismissal is anything more than a supermacs voucher I''ll be done with Sligo Rovers...

I'd be demanding a Big 4 Special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He was brilliant for Pats, my favourite player of the Bucko era. Wasn't so great this year. I was gutted to see him leave, but less so based on his form.

Still a very good defender. Wins everything in the air and is able to play out from the back with a decent pass on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

If Robertson can keep us away from any relegation scrapes then that will do. I don't think we're entirely out of the woods on that front.

If Robertson can keep us away from any relegation scrapes then that will do. I don't think we're entirely out of the woods on that front.

Surely with Wexford and a far lesser extent Harps coming up you should be fairly safe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

monkey9 wrote: »
    Still a very good defender. Wins everything in the air and is able to play out from the back with a decent pass on him.

Down here we'll welcome, with open arms, anyone who can pass the ball.

:pac:

Surely with Wexford and a far lesser extent Harps coming up you should be fairly safe

We only have 3 players. Impossible to know where we'll be at this point because next season's budget depends on how fundraising goes over the next few weeks.

If we can get Sander I would be happy however Dundalk and Cork are keeping an eye on him, he has come into form lately.

I'd take about 4 other players from last season however not sure how Dave is gonna recruit from past squad unless he does some trials or something.

Hopefully he gets them fitter than last season stories I've heard from gym in clarion just sitting around hogging machines

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

as mentioned it will depend on the players that resign and the attitude, there is a nucleus of a good team there if they get the right attitude and a few decent players added.
    for me keane, peers, puri, russell, cawley, raf, hughes, keating and ward should be resigned along with lads who have already signed, the rest can go to fcuk

if possible get henderson on a pay as you play deal, its the least he owes us and sign that centre half we had on loan from shams (whose name escapes me at the moment)

• Advertisement

Super Captain Johnny Dunleavy signs back with City for 2 more years. Following in Rory Gallaghers footsteps, he is now a proud Corkman after escaping from Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Towell is staying at Dundalk

wadacrack wrote: »
    Towell is staying at Dundalk

Signed a new deal for two years I think. Good for the league.

Or they are all just making sure Dundalk get a good fee for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Rumour of Stephen Folan in talks with GUFC, wants to start getting playing time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement