Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumors, Gossip, Transfers etc 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Ledwith be fine in Div 1, glad he is away from us though.

We got promoted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Ledwith be fine in Div 1, glad he is away from us though.

Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ledwith's a good signing.
    Ledwith was awful both times I seen him last season. Seems to have really lost form. He's great at bombing up and down the left and gets plenty of the ball but his crossing is atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

No disrespect to Youths, total lack of sleep last night. Ledwith was my least fav player in a very bad squad last year.

Mick just got arrested I see.

• Advertisement

No disrespect to Youths, total lack of sleep last night. Ledwith was my least fav player in a very bad squad last year.

Doing a search of his name on this forum makes for quite grim reading :o

Still, I'm happy to have someone coming in with a few years of experience in the Premier. If we can hang onto our Ryan Delaney and Lee Grace I think our defense will be as strong as any of our likely rivals.

I have high hopes for Aidan Friel, our last two players from the defense forces team have been excellent (Grace and Craig Wall).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

For designing our new Jersey. Not his first offence, so this time I expect him to do porridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Pighead wrote: »
    Ledwith was awful both times I seen him last season. Seems to have really lost form. He's great at bombing up and down the left and gets plenty of the ball but his crossing is atrocious.
    I saw the vast majority of games he played for us this season, I never saw him cross the half way line once in any of those games. In the second half of the season Regan Donelon took his starting spot off him. Not a big loss.
    I presume he'll be commuting from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Seriously?

yes

he is a good runner and takes a sweet free kick

after that he is ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Should do wonders for season ticket sales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

St. Pats win the race to sign the Dennehy brothers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

St. Pats win the race to sign the Dennehy brothers.

That was no race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ha. Had they just signed one I might say good signing, but they are a poison to the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

gimmick wrote: »
    Ha. Had they just signed one I might say good signing, but they are a poison to the dressing room.

Its grand noone up here will understand them.

Dont see the point in signing the defender one we have 5 Centre halves now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Darren will be a decent signing for Pats, I personally wouldn't have let him go. He has his 'moments' but he's mostly a pretty solid defender and dangerous in the other box too. Means we need to go out and get another centre half as well, and might have already needed one before that too.

Sean Maguire signed for us today as well. Will hopefully get his career a bit back on track here if not shunted out to the wings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Billy Dennehy should be a good replacement for Greene but Darren has a good bit of competition to get a place on the team with Hoare and Desmond being my perferred first choice centre backs and McLeaney and McGuiness also in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

kksaints wrote: »
    Billy Dennehy should be a good replacement for Greene but Darren has a good bit of competition to get a place on the team with Hoare and Desmond being my perferred first choice centre backs and McLeaney and McGuiness also in the squad.
    Where's Greene going?

Where's Greene going?

Not sure but I dont think he is resigning for us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City have now signed Seán Maguire. Squad is fattening up nicely.

Signed (21) 8 New:
    2 - O'Malley, Clarkie
    8 - Ger, Hoare, Desmond, McGuinness, Bermo, McEleaney, D Dennehy, Barker
    9 - Timlin, Treacy, Kelly, Cawley, McGrath, B Dennehy, Markey, Bayly, Verdon,
    2 - Fagan, Corcoran

TBD : Conan, Green, Chambers, Killer, Langley, Morris

Rumours : Ross Gaynor, Daniel Kearns, Dylan McGlade, Gavin Peers,

Pats atm

• Advertisement

Graham Doyle, Craig McCabe, Peter Higgins, Ryan Delaney, Shane Dunne, Conor English, Eric Molloy, and Andy Mulligan all re-signed for the Youths today. Very good base to the squad having kept Delaney, Dunne and Mulligan in particular. Thought they may have left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

We re-signed another local today for next season - Gary Armstrong.

Our 5 a-side team is now complete.

Schlingermann
    Boylan - Donelon
    ......Russell
    ......Armstrong

Another signing today as well that should be announced soon.
    kksaints wrote: »
    Not sure but I dont think he is resigning for us.

That's the impression I got from the article about him deciding if he should go to England or not.

Oat23 wrote: »
    That's the impression I got from the article about him deciding if he should go to England or not.

Slightly disappointed at it as he was fairly useful on the left and scored a decent amount of goals last season but Dennehy is probably a better player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Graham Doyle, Craig McCabe, Peter Higgins, Ryan Delaney, Shane Dunne, Conor English, Eric Molloy, and Andy Mulligan all re-signed for the Youths today. Very good base to the squad having kept Delaney, Dunne and Mulligan in particular. Thought they may have left.

Delighted for Graham Doyle

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Delighted for Graham Doyle

Only man for the job really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Saw rumours of Gearoid Morrissey back to Cork today on facebook/twitter, any truth in it? Rovers look to be leaving it later than a lot of their rivals to announce any signings, Fenlon could be looking abroad for a few new additions.

Corholio wrote: »
    Sean Maguire signed for us today as well. Will hopefully get his career a bit back on track here if not shunted out to the wings.
    Maguire didn't get much game time with us but he showed glimpses of his talent whenever he got a chance. Left us because he wasn't guaranteed playing time so it looks as though Caulfield has giving him assurances that he'll be their main man up front. Will be interesting to see how he gets on. Have a feeling he'll do very well down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Maguire didn't get much game time with us but he showed glimpses of his talent whenever he got a chance. Left us because he wasn't guaranteed playing time so it looks as though Caulfield has giving him assurances that he'll be their main man up front. Will be interesting to see how he gets on. Have a feeling he'll do very well down there.

I was very disappointed with Maguire during his time at Dundalk. He looked unfit and a shadow of the player who broke through with Waterford.

However, he is a young lad. If he plays regularly with Cork, his fitness and sharpness will improve.

Corholio wrote: »

Wouldn't have Maguire back at Sligo for anything. Toxic character.
    He was ran out of England and Kenny threw him out after a year. Best of luck with him.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't have Maguire back at Sligo for anything. Toxic character.
    He was ran out of England and Kenny threw him out after a year. Best of luck with him.
    Kenny didn't throw him out. Maguire left to get more game time. Kenny is on record as saying he really likes Maguire and the club have high hopes for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

In fairness seen him a few times at Sligo and looked extremely poor. Shadow of what he looked before going to England!

Kenny didn't throw him out. Maguire left to get more game time. Kenny is on record as saying he really likes Maguire and the club have high hopes for him.

I wouldn't read too much into that.
    That's the usual template statement. What's he going to say? I'm glad to see the back of the piss head?

He does fit the profile of the type of striker we have signed in recent years alright.

I wouldn't read too much into that.
    That's the usual template statement. What's he going to say? I'm glad to see the back of the piss head?
    The statement from Kenny was from a few months ago after Maguire's performance against Sligo in the cup.

The statement from Kenny was from a few months ago after Maguire's performance against Sligo in the cup.

Haha then he'd just signed him! Do you think managers tell the unbridled truth when it comes to press briefings? If he was so mad about him he'd have played him, particularly seeing as center forward has been a weak spot for them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

All I know is that he retweeted a tweet from Justin Bieber on twitter regarding the apparent new European tour(?). That's enough to turn anybody off him!

Yes, I'm perfectly aware of my avatar and signature. :)

Wilberto wrote: »
    All I know is that he retweeted a tweet from Justin Bieber on twitter regarding the apparent new European tour(?). That's enough to turn anybody off him!

Yes, I'm perfectly aware of my avatar and signature. :)

I'm no Bieber fan, but some of his new stuff has been coming up on my Spotify and I haven't been skipping it! Some of them are fairly decent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm no Bieber fan, but some of his new stuff has been coming up on my Spotify and I haven't been skipping it! Some of them are fairly decent :D

Jaysus #greatestleagueintheworld :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Leave you man card at reception please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Well holy god.

Maguire is another meh signing to be honest. Still only 21 so hopefully he gets his act together and drives on. Word is we'll be signing Gearoid Morrissey back today or tomorrow aswell. Failed badly at Cambridge so it'll be interesting to see what form he comes back in, my guess would be his confidence is shattered.

• Advertisement

The club let a fan on twitter announce our next signing for 2016. Cretaro is back.

https://twitter.com/sligorovers/status/674893036858564608

Thats was a great idea by Sligo to let a fan announce, great interaction with the fans.

CHealy wrote: »
    Thats was a great idea by Sligo to let a fan announce, great interaction with the fans.

Shamrock Rovers should do that with Killian Brennan.

it would be some tweet.

Wonder how many times some gob****e was picked out and they said, **** not letting him announce it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Shamrock Rovers should do that with Killian Brennan.

it would be some tweet.

Not a chance that he'll be back at Rovers*

* I'll keep repeating that in the hope it keeps him as far away from us as possible
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Dan Murray has retired.

Great player and one of my favourite players to ever play for CCFC. His run between 2004 and 2008 was incredible. Inspirational captain, popped up with important goals and an all round leader on the pitch and dressing room. He will be missed.

Gearoid Morrissey signs back for Cork City. As I said, I'd be worried about his confidence after a failed attempt over in Cambridge, but speaking to a buddy of his at 5-a-side last night, he said he's a homebird and struggled being away from long term girlfriend etc. Potential to be a huge signing, and Id say that will see the end of Liam Miller aswell, which isnt any harm.

Now to get a defense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

gimmick wrote: »
    Dan Murray has retired.

Great player and one of my favourite players to ever play for CCFC. His run between 2004 and 2008 was incredible. Inspirational captain, popped up with important goals and an all round leader on the pitch and dressing room. He will be missed.

Very professional at Rovers for 2010 and 2011. Only favoured since he left I'd say. He was dropped until the game away to Copenhagen in 2011 when Oman got injured.

Great memory of him down on one knee on the halfway line in Belgrade as O'Donnell scored the penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Mark Quigley to Bohs apparently. Not too sure what to make of that

BOHtox wrote: »
    Mark Quigley to Bohs apparently. Not too sure what to make of that

pretty much all i got on this

Wonderful-Best-Of-Luck-Smiley-Picture.png

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement