Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumors, Gossip, Transfers etc 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The change of manager at Cambridge wouldn't have helped Morrissey. Rory Gaffney was immediately sent out on loan coz the new manager said he wouldn't be getting many games under him.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

BOHtox wrote: »
    Mark Quigley to Bohs apparently. Not too sure what to make of that

No thanks

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

DvB wrote: »
    Not a chance that he'll be back at Rovers*

* I'll keep repeating that in the hope it keeps him as far away from us as possible

"he used to be wanker......but hes a wanker again" :pac:

Fyi cracking centre back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

John Sullivan (formerly of Crumlin, Bohs, Hamilton, Limerick, Shels, Drogs, Dundalk, Shels, Crumlin and Bray) has signed for Galway United. I can't say I've ever heard of him but I admire his loyalty.

Kilian Cantwell has also re-signed with us. We've a solid defence signed up now with him, Walsh, Horgan, Ludden, Folan and Raftery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

John Sullivan (formerly of Crumlin, Bohs, Hamilton, Limerick, Shels, Drogs, Dundalk, Shels, Crumlin and Bray) has signed for Galway United. I can't say I've ever heard of him but I admire his loyalty.

Kilian Cantwell has also re-signed with us. We've a solid defence signed up now with him, Walsh, Horgan, Ludden, Folan and Raftery.

Was well liked during his spell at Oriel and some thought he was unlucky not to have been offered another contract. Solid enough player

Rovers have yet to sign a player? Still waiting for that investor?

Still some decent free agents about tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Didn't see much football in either spell for us and I've never been a huge fan of his attitude but he was tipped to have big potential back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

CSF wrote: »
    Didn't see much football in either spell for us and I've never been a huge fan of his attitude but he was tipped to have big potential back in the day.
    Does he have a bad attitude? Bray/Dundalk fans seem to have a positive opinion of him.

He seemed to do well with Bray Wanderers last year playing as a DM

Does he have a bad attitude? Bray/Dundalk fans seem to have a positive opinion of him.

He seemed to do well with Bray Wanderers last year playing as a DM

Fond of an oul controversial tweet, got a few red cards with us. Not a popular character at Tolka but could be different at other clubs. In the end, if he performs you won't care. At Shels he didnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Fond of an oul controversial tweet, got a few red cards with us. Not a popular character at Tolka but could be different at other clubs. In the end, if he performs you won't care. At Shels he didnt.

Would be a grand signing for a 1st div side,decent enough.He's popular because hes a loi fan and he stands in the stands with fans at loi.
    Woiuldn'y agree at thall with Don Carlos's report on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Would be a grand signing for a 1st div side,decent enough.He's popular because hes a loi fan and he stands in the stands with fans at loi.
    Woiuldn'y agree at thall with Don Carlos's report on him.

Like I said 'some fans' ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

got a few red cards with us.

One last year and another 3 and a half years ago? Not trying to disagree with your assessment of him, just doesn't appear to have a major discipline problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

One last year and another 3 and a half years ago? Not trying to disagree with your assessment of him, just doesn't appear to have a major discipline problem.

When he was with us first time around, his first start was against Crumlin Utd in LSL game. Chap went two footed in for no reason whatsoever on front of about 70 of us baffled. Think he done it a few times at his time with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Cork City signed John Kavanagh back for next season. Lad missed second half of last season cause of an injury, had surgery 2 months ago and recovery is going ahead of schedule so all going well he'll be grand for start of the season. Well on the way to being the best full back in the league if the injury stays away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Any news on when the fixtures should be announced soon for the Premier Division? It was before Christmas last year

• Advertisement

wadacrack wrote: »
    Any news on when the fixtures should be announced soon for the Premier Division? It was before Christmas last year

Think it was actually this day last year.

When he was with us first time around, his first start was against Crumlin Utd in LSL game. Chap went two footed in for no reason whatsoever on front of about 70 of us baffled. Think he done it a few times at his time with us.

Yup, think it was 3 sendings off all for two-footed tackles, which is a lot because he didn't play that many games for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

CHealy wrote: »
    Think it was actually this day last year.
    16th last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Pretty sure we'll get them on Friday, going on other years.

The dates vary, but they usually get released on a Friday.

St Pats have re-signed Ger O'Brien and Conan Byrne for 2016. Also signing is Ireland underage international Dylan McGlade who moves from Shelbourne.

They will have a lot of options in wide area's Byrne, Dennehy, Timlin, McGlade, Mcgrath and Greene if he re-signs all capable of playing

• Advertisement

Our feeder clubs comes up with the goods again, nice one shels.

Believe Greene is going to Rovers.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Our feeder clubs comes up with the goods again, nice one shels.

Believe Greene is going to Rovers.

Don't see you being all that happy with McGlade, but sure whatever gets you through the day.

Pats must be nearly done at this stage? Nice squad after coming together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

CHealy wrote: »
    Pats must be nearly done at this stage? Nice squad after coming together.

I'd say that's pretty much it alright. Maybe another centre mid if there is anyone else to come in.

Don't see you being all that happy with McGlade, but sure whatever gets you through the day.

Bar Philly Hughes who probably doesnt count, you have been decent with the last few players.

Keep up the good work :pac:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bar Philly Hughes who probably doesnt count, you have been decent with the last few players.

Keep up the good work :pac:

You signed 3 players that did well from us right? In a country of 22 clubs and being within a 15 minute drive of each other I don't think that's quite gonna cut it as an argument, windup attempt or not!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

McGlade is a fairly poor signing for a side who are meant to be title contenders - Lee Desmond light years ahead of him.

McGlade is a fairly poor signing for a side who are meant to be title contenders - Lee Desmond light years ahead of him.
    Will be just a squad player and one to develop. Great talent for LOI level and still only 20

Will be just a squad player and one to develop. Great talent for LOI level and still only 20
    How much Shels did you see last year? Can't see how sitting on the bench will help him develop, doesn't generally work that way. Look at England, the best young players have typically come through at teams like Southampton where they'll get games. Was grand for McGrath and Desmond to come in at that level, Desmond was probably ready for football in England already. Can't see any of Shels, Pats or Dylan benefitting from this one.

How much Shels did you see last year? Can't see how sitting on the bench will help him develop, doesn't generally work that way. Look at England, the best young players have typically come through at teams like Southampton where they'll get games. Was grand for McGrath and Desmond to come in at that level, Desmond was probably ready for football in England already. Can't see any of Shels, Pats or Dylan benefitting from this one.
    Seen him play 7 or 8 times. Yea a move to a mid table Premier team probably would have been the better move eg. Longford or Galway etc

• Advertisement

Seen him play 7 or 8 times. Yea a move to a mid table Premier team probably would have been the better move eg. Longford or Galway etc
    You went to 7 or 8 of the 10 or so home games McGlade would have played for us? You're a Shels fan then?

You went to 7 or 8 of the 10 or so home games McGlade would have played for us? You're a Shels fan then?
    About 4 home and 4 away . He was defiantly the best winger in the 1st division last year from what I saw

About 4 home and 4 away . He was defiantly the best winger in the 1st division last year from what I saw
    So you're a Shels fan???

So you're a Shels fan???
    Not a Shels fan, Dylan Connolly is coming back to Ireland. Could be Bray according to LOI Transfers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Not a Shels fan, Dylan Connolly is coming back to Ireland. Could be Bray according to LOI Transfers

From Ipswich?

From Ipswich?
    Yeah he was released by them last week

"Dylan will be released. We'll make him a free agent so he can go and get a club in Ireland if he can," said McCarthy.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/loi-return-for-connolly-34286943.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

McGlade is a fairly poor signing for a side who are meant to be title contenders...
    Wasn't he in the first division team of the season?

Shels fans were very critical of McGlade at the games I was at. He can hang onto the ball for too long so understandable to an extent, but he is really good when one on one with a defender

Shels fans were very critical of McGlade at the games I was at. He can hang onto the ball for too long so understandable to an extent, but he is really good when one on one with a defender

The chap is immensely talented, no question. But a ridiculously frustrating player sometimes too, end product was somewhat inconsistent in the First Division so the step up is gonna be huge for him. No question he's still better than what replaces him for us though so he is a loss.

• Advertisement

Shamrock Rovers F.C. is delighted to confirm the signing of Dean Clarke and Gary Shaw for the 2016 season. The duo will add to the Hoops strike force in 2016 competing with Danny North and Mikey Drennan for a place in the Rovers attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Shamrock Rovers F.C. is delighted to confirm the signing of Dean Clarke and Gary Shaw for the 2016 season. The duo will add to the Hoops strike force in 2016 competing with Danny North and Mikey Drennan for a place in the Rovers attack.

Dean will offer ye nothing through the middle, but out wide, top player, serious engine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Shams seem to be just filling out the squad. I'm surprised nutsy hasn't brought in a decent striker from Scotland or England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Lee Grace, Gary Delaney and Rox Keenan have all signed up for another year. Assuming Ryan Delaney stays on, we've kept all our best players. Great stuff

Lee Grace, Gary Delaney and Rox Keenan have all signed up for another year. Assuming Ryan Delaney stays on, we've kept all our best players. Great stuff
    Is Paul Cahillane re-signing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Ryan Delaney is already signed up thankfully! :)

https://twitter.com/WexfordYouthsFC/status/674641997760749568

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Quigley confirmed for Bohs. Can't say I'm happy but I'll put my trust in Long to know what he's doing.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Gary Shanahan re-signed for Galway United

Seven Worlds will Collide

Is Paul Cahillane re-signing?

Unlikely, he didn't do well with us. Rarely started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Gary Shanahan re-signed for Galway United

How has he done for Galway? I remember seeing him a few years ago play for Mervue down at the cross on a few occasions and he looked quite impressive.

kevovek wrote: »
    Ryan Delaney is already signed up thankfully! :)

https://twitter.com/WexfordYouthsFC/status/674641997760749568

Forgot he signed with that bunch. Great stuff!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement