Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumors, Gossip, Transfers etc 2015

1596061626365»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

The standard is lower in that league however double bubble on the sterling was something I didn't consider. I was expecting a Dublin club to pick him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/6572-201SSE Airtricity League 2016
    Premier Division Series 1
    Friday, March 4
    Cork City v Bohemians, Turner’s Cross, 7.45pm.
    St. Patrick’s Athletic v Galway United, Richmond Park, 7.45pm.
    Finn Harps v Derry City, Finn Park, 8pm.
    Wexford Youths v Longford Town, Ferrycarrig Park, 8pm.

Saturday, March 5
    Bray Wanderers v Dundalk, Carlisle Grounds, 7.30pm.
    Sligo Rovers v Shamrock Rovers, The Showgrounds, 7.4pm.6-premier-division-fixtures-released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Would have liked an away trip to begin, but at least there's a chance we can start with a win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

One day Duff retires, on the next Killian Brennan signs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Away last game for the 4th season in a row ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

away to pats first, defiantly not a good opener for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

dfx- wrote: »
    One day Duff retires, on the next Killian Brennan signs..

Every silver lining has a cloud!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

reason for bohs fans to feel optimistic... we have welcomed the champions of the last day for 3 years running!

northwest derby in Finn Park to start with :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

look at all ye happy smug whores enjoying your fixture list.

When will our first division list be out. Stupid first division

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I'm getting a Limerick season ticket and a Longford Town jersey for Christmas.
    Just thought you'd all like to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Thats a strange combo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Welcome the champions on the first day, easy 3 points to get this oddly sourced money wagon on the road!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

#greatestleagueintheworld

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/679386721147031553

Humour or LOI thread?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Iang87 wrote: »
    look at all ye happy smug whores enjoying your fixture list.

When will our first division list be out. Stupid first division

Need to find out who's playing in it first.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Need to find out who's playing in it first.

I can't see any massive changes. Unless a team goes arse up or cabinteely don't fancy it
    Its hard to see who will be added. There's the usual names of carlow, UCC and monaghan making a comeback. Kevin boys seem to have been told to cop on create a partnership with a LOI side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/679386721147031553

Humour or LOI thread?

Tom should win that. Every year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Rory Patterson back to Derry. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

irish_goat wrote: »
    Rory Patterson back to Derry. :D

FC United fans very unimpressed in his short period back with them, apparently he's been eating for two. Good scoop if he can get back to fitness though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

The gap between u19 and Senior football is too big imo. In my opinion their should be a development league or u21( 3 over age players rule) present.

Should their be a League of Ireland Development League.

It would help develop promising U19 players who are not yet ready for first team, instead of dropping to intermediate or junior football.
    Give Squad players game time.
    1st team players returning from injury
    Possibly prominig Intermediate/ Junior players chance o trial with LOI clubs

The system seems to work very well in Scotland, who are beginning to improve at Youth level.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Tom should win that. Every year.

Screw that, it should be named after him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

wadacrack wrote: »
    The gap between u19 and Senior football is too big imo. In my opinion their should be a development league or u21( 3 over age players rule) present.

Should their be a League of Ireland Development League.

It would help develop promising U19 players who are not yet ready for first team, instead of dropping to intermediate or junior football.
    Give Squad players game time.
    1st team players returning from injury
    Possibly prominig Intermediate/ Junior players chance o trial with LOI clubs

The system seems to work very well in Scotland, who are beginning to improve at Youth level.

Thoughts?

No every single U19 player who played for us last season did not look out of place at all.

There are 4 now from the 2014 u19 champions who are basically 1st teamers. Our 17s aint too bad either.

This will work out for us and the FAI/league in general.

Now we steal the best lads from all the junior clubs (which is what they do in fairness as a business tho), it needs to be invested in and we have invested heavily in it, most of the team and coaches went to Rovers last year and this year we got to the semis in 19 and final in 17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

dreamers75 wrote: »
    No every single U19 player who played for us last season did not look out of place at all.

There are 4 now from the 2014 u19 champions who are basically 1st teamers. Our 17s aint too bad either.

This will work out for us and the FAI/league in general.

Now we steal the best lads from all the junior clubs (which is what they do in fairness as a business tho), it needs to be invested in and we have invested heavily in it, most of the team and coaches went to Rovers last year and this year we got to the semis in 19 and final in 17.

In fairness to the OP I think they are talking about what happens to the players that maybe aren't good enough by their 19th birthday but have scope to develop. I think most clubs are happy with their underage squads and are reaping the benefits.

To answer the OPs question, I think the route the FAI are going down is introducing an U13 and 15 league in the coming years. The purpose of all of these underage leagues is to hoover up players that haven't been picked up by British clubs.

I think we are crying out for a proper pyramid structure. 4 proper provincial leagues (Connaught, Munster, BMW, and Dublin & districts) and not glorified Cork and Dublin leagues calling themselves Leinster and Munster senior leagues.

Then bring back an A championship 3rd tier (it was a disgrace LOI clubs were allowed vote it out) to bridge the gap between provincial and first division football. Let league clubs put reserve/U23 sides into the provincial or A championships similar to what happens in lower league Spain.

Lastly, regionalise the first division with say 8-10 clubs in each region.

Iceland have 5 tiers to their league system, the North have four, countries like Denmark and Sweden are similar too. By regionalise leagues outside of the premier we'd negate the bigger geographical area.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_football_league_system

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Happy Christmas to everyone on this thread, getting nearly halfway through the off-season...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement