Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Win 8.1 wont pair with Bluetooth Device

• 07-02-2015 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Not sure if i have posted this it the correct section so if the mods want to move it then thats fine..:)

I have a win 8 machine here where i have tried to pair a bluetooth device which needs a 4 digit code to pair which was never a problem on win xp & 7 but for some reason there is no option to input this code when its trying to pair on win 8..:confused:

I have paired other devices to this machine that dont need a code witout any problems.

I have since updated to win 8.1 and have all the latest updates onboard but its still the same.

The laptop is a Hp Pavilion and the bluetooth dongle is a Asus Bt400

All suggestions welcome..?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Go to the HP support website, and download the latest version of the bluetooth driver. Windows update doesn't always provide the latest driver.

It's anecdotal, but I've had problems with windows 8.1 and bluetooth drivers before. Updating to the latest for that bluetooth chipset helped a fair bit, but it seems like a lot of manufactorers don't provide drivers for 8.1. Had to get the latest driver off a weird website, looked like a geocities era website!

Advertisement