Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging Foreign Currency

Options
  • 07-02-2015 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Hopefully this is a question that can be answered. Had a brief look through the history and didn't find the exact response I was looking for.

I have foreign currency (UK Pounds, if that is relevant to it) left over from a recent trip. I want to lodge this into my account. Does this need to be converted into Euro before I put it into the account or can it be lodged into the account in it's current currency.

If it can be lodged into the account as GBP, is it possible to do this using the lodgement ATM machines that are available? I have read through questions that it is not possible to lodge a cheque in GBP, but have read nothing in relation to GBP cash. Bank opening hours do not work for me with my current job hours so if it was possible to be able to lodge the money using one of those ATM's, it would be extremely beneficial.

Regards,

Racersedge

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

racersedge wrote: »
    Hi there,

Hopefully this is a question that can be answered. Had a brief look through the history and didn't find the exact response I was looking for.

I have foreign currency (UK Pounds, if that is relevant to it) left over from a recent trip. I want to lodge this into my account. Does this need to be converted into Euro before I put it into the account or can it be lodged into the account in it's current currency.

If it can be lodged into the account as GBP, is it possible to do this using the lodgement ATM machines that are available? I have read through questions that it is not possible to lodge a cheque in GBP, but have read nothing in relation to GBP cash. Bank opening hours do not work for me with my current job hours so if it was possible to be able to lodge the money using one of those ATM's, it would be extremely beneficial.

Regards,

Racersedge
    Hi Racersedge,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

To lodge Sterling into your account, you would need to exchange it into Euros first as it is not possible to lodge Sterling through a Lodgement ATM. If you need to find the opening hours of your nearest branch, please see our Branch Locator tool here

If you need help with any other query, please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement