Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling camera gear on ebay UK?

• 07-02-2015 1:25pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have two lenses for sale at the moment, Sigma 10-20mm and 105mm macro. I was thinking of selling them on ebay UK. The sterling/euro difference is huge at the moment. Just wondering what the best strategy is for this? Set a very low starting price and hope for a bidding war - or what? Has anyone done this before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

ebay selling can be a bit tricky... and the fees are criminal! my last ebay statement said they were 14% :(
    i use ebay as a last resort, if i can't sell things on adverts.

best thing you can do is think of a price in mind, add 14% and then stick it up for "buy it now" at that price. if it doesn't sell you can resort to auction...but if you put a reserve price in, it costs you more. and if you don't... well your lens could end up going for half nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

I agree, i sold one lens on ebay once, there are a ton fees. Success fees for ebay and fees for paypal. If you are patient on adverts, eventually you will get a half decent price, which will definitely be more than you would get on ebay.

Advertisement