Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Federal tyres

• 07-02-2015 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭

Any opinions on Federal tyres?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

A dealer put the 595 SS on a car I bought a few years ago. They lacked grip and caused vibration at speed. They were swapped off pretty quickly. I'd spend a few quid on something better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭9935452

biko wrote: »

It seems like they can be got in a soft compound which gives good grip but rapid tyre wear, or a hard compound which gives poor grip in the wet with very little tyre wear. The thing is what do you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Mechanic365

Federal tyres are downright dangerous, i thought they'd have been banned here by now. The last set i had were like gliding whenever the road was greasy, they were 205/40 under a civic that I bought, drove for a bit and dismantled.
    At first I just looked over the car and tyres had good thread, never thought twice about it.
    Cheap is what cheap gets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

an 'in joke' in my garage is to call them Ferrell tyres, as in wild and unpredictable. Still though, far better than Triangle's and Wanli's and Blacklion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

aujopimur wrote: »
    Any opinions on Federal tyres?.

Had them on a set of alloys I bought, they didn't stay on too long. As others have said, a lot of noise and vibration with them. And downright dangerous in the wet. Not just torrential rain wet, but any form of moisture on the road. Could not recommend in any way shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alf32

These tyres are pure rubbish, got a set for the front of my Toyota Hilux about 6 months ago @ €130 each and after only a couple months there wass severe wear and cracking on the insides and outsides of them, it's almost down to the minimum tyre depth indicators now and il be very lucky to ge the full year out of them. Very disappointed as I had Bridgestone on it for 4 years before that. Tracking etc on the Hilux is perfect so no problem there, just a really poor soft tyre compound. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Never had a grip problem with them, but I find them very noisy and my car pulls to which ever side the camber of the road is. I will never buy them again. I have had them before and the don't last and I should have known better but I was going to sell the car so I didn't want to spend the money on good tyres ,silly me.

Advertisement