Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FR Livery update

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Er and where is the after pic Jack? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

The only difference I see is that the harp emblem is slightly tilted on both the fuselage and tail and that the title has been moved ever so slightly back. Not much of an "update"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That is what you call a subtle change!

To look at first glance I think I can see something different but don't have the concentration presently to know what. What timing this is with the "fantastic" update to the easyJet livery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The emblem looks far better upright - the old way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 barnapilot

More tail heavy? C of G looks changed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

The only difference I see is that it's sunnier in the first pic...

An update or someone messed up with the masking tape?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The full registration on the nose doors rather than just the last two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Really don't understand the need for the sarcastic comments. I of course was referring to the harp, why the need to be such keyboard warriors?
    An update or someone messed up with the masking tape?

Good point. Only one on the fleet so far that has had the change, although going by ryanair.com - it seems its just an update for the harp.
    The full registration on the nose doors rather than just the last two

Very good spot, understandable considering the massive size of the fleet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Ah yes - I finally spotted it. .....the new version has the angel's wings a bit droopy, like Icarus who flew too close to the sun and melted his wax wings.

icarus_kliban.JPG

Wonder why they bothered to be honest. No-one except aerosexuals will even notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Bit strange that EI-FIA and FIB don't feature these modifications?

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Really don't understand the need for the sarcastic comments. I of course was referring to the harp, why the need to be such keyboard warriors?

Good point. Only one on the fleet so far that has had the change, although going by ryanair.com - it seems its just an update for the harp.

Very good spot, understandable considering the massive size of the fleet!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was an update, the last one was cosmetic surgery on her boobs so I wouldn't be surprised if a minor change was done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Yeah they have basically fixed the Angel's wings on the tail by the looks of it.

murphaph wrote: »
    Yeah they have basically fixed the Angel's wings on the tail by the looks of it.

Not just the tail, same by the front door.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Really don't understand the need for the sarcastic comments......
    I would expect nothing less from this bunch of reprobates

Tenger wrote: »
    I would expect nothing less from this bunch of reprobates

That's the Ryanair generation for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

To be fair it was difficult to see the difference, particularly as the images were so large I had to scroll back and forth to fit them on my wee 1280x800 screen.

Initially I focused on the cheatline and font face and missed the harp change.

Adding a circle spot-the-difference-style around any changes is always useful, we always do that in end-user documents for clarity ( even if it seems blindlingly obvious to the programmers who made the UI change! )

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭sully2010

Looks like they gave the angel breasts another small boost too;)

It'll be interesting to see the new non yellow interiors they are planning to introduce this year. Anything will be better than the yellow.

"We’ve looked at some new designs for the interiors. The yellow will change. The [new designs] are a bit more blue; they’re involving pictures of destinations and customers and crew - obviously with nice happy smiley-faces on nice looking destinations.

"So there’s a different look and feel that we’re planning to introduce next year. We’re pretty close to finalising that in the next couple of weeks, then we’ll go into production.

"It’s not cheap, but 89 million plus people will see it over a year, so I think it’s a good investment."

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/ryanair-in-2018-free-wifi-transatlantic-flights-smileyface-interiors-and-package-holidays-30779802.html

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Was at the airport today, and there were 2 FR aircraft parked over on 29, one with the old livery, and one new, when they are parked close together like that, the subtle but significant change to them is very noticeable. Didn't get chance to stop for a closer look, too much traffic at the time.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I took a photo of EI-DPT on Saturday and it sports a new nose as well

032a.jpg

What a pointless exercise for an airline which prides itself on cost effectiveness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,909 ✭✭✭✭L1011

fr336 wrote: »
    What a pointless exercise for an airline which prides itself on cost effectiveness.

If done during scheduled repaints (which are needed to protect the airframe), it is a near zero cost

L1011 wrote: »
    If done during scheduled repaints (which are needed to protect the airframe), it is a near zero cost

I stand corrected

father-dougal-mcguire.jpg

fr336 wrote: »

It's doubly pointless imho, when the change is so minor that 99% of the general public haven't even noticed it nor have I seen any comments about it in the media either.

I saw this on a site? ;)

ryanair-logo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭jimbis

Lots of companies do subtle changes to their logos/livery to keep them modern and up to date so to speak, without making a fuss about it.
    Ryaniar at the moment are pushing their 'pleasing the customer' approach and drastically changing the outside of the plane is no interest to the customer which is why the interior change is what we're all hearing about.

And as said above if it's a gradual change during regular painting then why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

They have tilted the angel on her axis so that she is facing more forward and up, very subtly conveying a more positive feeling than before. I don't see any other changes apart from that. It's a very small tweak and hard spotted!

Bendihorse wrote: »
    They have tilted the angel on her axis so that she is facing more forward and up, very subtly conveying a more positive feeling than before. I don't see any other changes apart from that. It's a very small tweak and hard spotted!

Why bother, I ask? so little that the great flying public haven't even noticed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭christy c

tippman1 wrote: »
    Why bother, I ask?

My only guess is that there's some subtle marketing concept behind it.

Or else it's a subliminal message like the Simpsons and we'll all want to join the navy soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

I think it a fantastic update.

It retains that iconic brand identifier that we have long associated with fine service and unbeatable value, yet really updates it, giving it a more modern streamlined look, really showing what a forward looking, dynamic, competition-beating airline Ryanair is. Makes me really look forward to my next flight to one of their ever expanding network of destinatations, as well as shouting its superiority over the staid old overpriced former national airlines, and the me-to supposedly low cost fliers left in Ryanair's wake.

Thats just what is says to me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for that Michael.

I think it a fantastic update.

It retains that iconic brand identifier that we have long associated with fine service and unbeatable value, yet really updates it, giving it a more modern streamlined look, really showing what a forward looking, dynamic, competition-beating airline Ryanair is. Makes me really look forward to my next flight to one of their ever expanding network of destinations, as well as shouting its superiority over the staid old overpriced former national airlines, and the me-to supposedly low cost fliers left in Ryanair's wake.

Thats just what is says to me anyway.

I take my hat off to your powers of observation and your visionary astuteness!:D

Advertisement