Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to get the order 1886?

Options
  • 07-02-2015 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭TheOwl12

I'd like to get it release date, but most places have them for 74.99. A bit too much for me, anyone know a good place to get it? Physical preferably

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TheOwl12 wrote: »
    I'd like to get it release date, but most places have them for 74.99. A bit too much for me, anyone know a good place to get it? Physical preferably

You could try argos or smyths, I know you said you'd prefer physical but on the us store you'd pay about 50 for it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Macker1

€74.99 must be for the special edition. Can't imagine the standard version being that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You can get it for 58 including shipping from xtravision's UK website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Its €45 on www.videogamesplus.ca

You will obviously have shipping on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

eddhorse wrote: »
    Its €45 on www.videogamesplus.ca

You will obviously have shipping on top of that.

Is it better to go with Parcel Motel or regular with these guys?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Is it better to go with Parcel Motel or regular with these guys?

Go regular you wont have it for 2 wks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Think I'll hold back on this one until I see review's, looks kind of Gears Of War (yes I know its only because its third person!) and that's no bad thing but I'll wait it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Seen a few streams of this popping up on the Playstation Live app. Its looks right up my street. Seems the digital version at €59.99 is the cheapest so far so ill likely pre-order it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm hearing gameplay for this is less than 5 hours..?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Digital pre-ordering seems crazy to me, enough quality question marks still surround this game that I'd wait til more reactions out there. The whole thing about digital is there are no shortages, so if it does indeed receive a favourable response there'll be no problem procuring a copy (especially since most pre-order bonuses are worthless crap).

And those five hour rumours seem to have been conclusively debunked, even by those rushing through the game. Not that there's anything wrong with a concise, tightly-paced campaign anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have they really been debunked though, the director in eurogamer wasn't exactly saying it wasn't about 5 hours long. Again I've no problem with this game being 5 hours long if it's 5 hours or goodness but preview reports seem to suggest otherwise. It's definitely a wait for reviews game, pre-ordering is just silly considering it's never going to sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

5 hours is far too short for a game. You'd finish it in one go.

So is there an embargo on reviews?

So is there an embargo on reviews?

Thursday I believe.

• To note; is there even a dedicated thread for this game?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dedicated thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89064973
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Have they really been debunked though, the director in eurogamer wasn't exactly saying it wasn't about 5 hours long. Again I've no problem with this game being 5 hours long if it's 5 hours or goodness but preview reports seem to suggest otherwise. It's definitely a wait for reviews game, pre-ordering is just silly considering it's never going to sell out.

Well the general consensus is whoever started this whole discussion posted up a video where he rushed through the game. I don't think that sort of playthrough should be judged as the right or normal way to play any game.

Forbes, anyway, conclusively stated the game will take more than five hours for anybody playing through it a more regular pace: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/02/16/the-order-1886-will-take-you-more-than-five-hours/
    .ak wrote: »
    5 hours is far too short for a game. You'd finish it in one go.

Nonsense, game length is not a fixed thing, and should be based on the demands of that particular title. I can name tens of games that overstayed their welcome significantly, and struggle to think of many that understayed it. The emergence of independent titles and downloadable expansions like Left Behind have also happily proven some games only need an hour or two (which I'd consider one go as opposed to five hours :pac:).

Obviously there is 'ripping the piss' when asking us to pay full retail price for a title that you'll see the end of within an hour or two, but really I'd rather developers aim at making the best game they can than worry about retail cost (which, after all, will quickly fluctuate, unlike the length of the game itself). 4-10 hours is very often something of a 'sweet spot' for heavily narrative focused retail games without getting bogged down with repetition and filler, and I for one am often disappointed the negative responses developers get when they make 'short' games - because brevity and focus are traits hundreds of otherwise great games could have used more of.

I'l be happy enough with a 60 price tag from argos. Get a good 8 hours of play on my first run through, can't argue with that.

• Dedicated thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89064973

Well the general consensus is whoever started this whole discussion posted up a video where he rushed through the game. I don't think that sort of playthrough should be judged as the right or normal way to play any game.

Forbes, anyway, conclusively stated the game will take more than five hours for anybody playing through it a more regular pace: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/02/16/the-order-1886-will-take-you-more-than-five-hours/

Nonsense, game length is not a fixed thing, and should be based on the demands of that particular title. I can name tens of games that overstayed their welcome significantly, and struggle to think of many that understayed it. The emergence of independent titles and downloadable expansions like Left Behind have also happily proven some games only need an hour or two (which I'd consider one go as opposed to five hours :pac:).

Obviously there is 'ripping the piss' when asking us to pay full retail price for a title that you'll see the end of within an hour or two, but really I'd rather developers aim at making the best game they can than worry about retail cost (which, after all, will quickly fluctuate, unlike the length of the game itself). 4-10 hours is very often something of a 'sweet spot' for heavily narrative focused retail games without getting bogged down with repetition and filler, and I for one am often disappointed the negative responses developers get when they make 'short' games - because brevity and focus are traits hundreds of otherwise great games could have used more of.

Totally agree with your second point.

To add to what your saying; I'm absolutely sick of needless game padding. Every now and then I want to play a linear, story driven shooter that hopefully has quality over quantity. Not everyone wants or has time to play 30+ hours of repetitive ****e where 15 of those hours involves collecting dogtags.

Apparently every game now has to cater for the majority.

Also I'm glad there is no tacked on multiplayer. It usually lets dev's focus fully on a single player experience. Look at Wolfenstien: The Order as a prime example of this.

They use too anyway , probably still do,I'll just pick it up smiths or Argos because it was costing the same to get from amazon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

My copy from Canada posted a few days ago - looking forwards to it now. Need to get a move on and finish Mordor though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Mr.S wrote: »
    Reviews are pretty average across the Internet as the embargo is lifted :(

Don't know about you but I think that was the general feeling from the gameplay pre-views months ago. At that stage the game is basically finished and is not going to change much if at all. The last few months was all polishing and tweaking.

It's another victim of the marketing hype machine.:(
    Maybe if games were not hyped for no reason they may be received better as no one has any expectations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I doubt it's the hype's fault. It just seems like a very uninspired game from reading reviews.

That's kind of the worst sin you a developer can commit. Make a game not good enough to be brilliant yet not bad enough or interesting enough to even standout. You end up with a yawnfest. This one will probably be forgotten in 2 years like so many other mediocre games in the early years of a consoles life cycle.

If anything the game is a graphical show case for the PS4 and after that it's a poor mans Gear game. Also what is with QTEs being a feature, they are just last gen and don't really work, they are more annoying than anything.

• No buy for me in the end, doesn't negate how I fell above but it clearly looks like the quality just isn't there. It's a shame really. A rent or quick buy about 6 months from now at best.

• Mr.S wrote: »
    From a quick play, the quality is certainly there, it's just the lack of actual game play thats frustrating

I determine quality as inventive & memorable game-play regardless of game length.
    In that respect it most certainly is not quality.

I think he means production values more than quality. The game looks good, sounds good, no major flaws or glitches.

Problem being, its lacking in letting you actually play and enjoy the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

It looks like a rental or bargain bucket job to me , had high enough hopes for this one when it was first revealed (I enjoy a bit of steam punk) , pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

€78.99 in Argos. Jog on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

I got mine from the xtra-vision UK website last month. There was an offer for 10% off a preorder so i got it for around €50. If its as short as the reviews say i'll probably have it traded back to cex so i'll probably only take a hit as much as I would have renting it from xtra i'd say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Advertisement