Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which player

• 07-02-2015 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

If you support a premiership club which other prem player to you covet ?

Have to say as a Liverpool fan I like Matic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Have to say as a Liverpool fan I like Matija Nastasic

Very unusual choice there.

Alexis Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

As an arsenal fan I'd love Diego costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'm an arsenal fan and I've always been a big fan of rooney since I was a younglad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I could watch Hazard all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

As an Arsenal fan, definitely Aguero. Matic closely in second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Fabregas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Liverpool fan and I'd kill to have Fabregas in our side. Aguero would probably be first if he wasn't constantly injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No order,

aguero, sterling, di maria, sanchez, silva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Matic probably, defensive midfield is our weakness (Arsenal). Otherwise Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Courtois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Montroseee wrote: »
    Very unusual choice there.

Alexis Sanchez.

I meant Matic

Jesus wept

MATIC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Liverpool fan.

Has to be Matic. Wouldn't go near Fabregas, snidey little *****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

As an United fan, I'd go for Fabregas and then Matic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

As a QPR fan, Glen Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Chelsea fan, any right back who can defend.

Bertser wrote: »

We have one, hes playing LB. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

United fan, Hazard all day long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Diego Costa, Yaya Toure, Matic, Aguero, in that order.

Bertser wrote: »

And Ivan just scored....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

United fan

Can I take Fabregas and Matic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Hazard or Matic would probably be the only two I'd like to see at City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I don't follow any Premier league club but Nemanja Matic would make such a difference to a lot of clubs. I'd say if United had him they could be challenging for the league title, if City had him they would be walking away with it imo. Even teams lower down like Everton would be up in the ECL spots for sure if they had him.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Fabian Delph

I find that incredibly hard to believe. You wouldn't take Courtois over Hart, a better centre half, Azpilicueta over Clichy, Sanchez over Navas/Nasri, Costa over Jovetic/Bony etc? Ok then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

united fan, Silva all day long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

city fan

nobody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

United fan.... Hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Stoke fan - Martin Castrogiovanni

I find that incredibly hard to believe. You wouldn't take Courtois over Hart, a better centre half, Azpilicueta over Clichy, Sanchez over Navas/Nasri, Costa over Jovetic/Bony etc? Ok then.

I like Hart a lot. He's not the best in the league but I think he's the best fit for City. CB no way. Kompany is king and Mangala will eventually become one of the best in the world. I wouldn't take Az over Clichy or Kolarov, don't rate him that highly tbh. And who needs Costa when you have Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Liverpool fan.

Aguero, all day long.

Actually no. Aguero in the morning, Sanchez at midday, Fabregas at lunchtime, Matic in the afternoon, Hazard in the evening, Silva at night and Courtois at midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I like Hart a lot. He's not the best in the league but I think he's the best fit for City. CB no way. Kompany is king and Mangala will eventually become one of the best in the world. I wouldn't take Az over Clichy or Kolarov, don't rate him that highly tbh. And who needs Costa when you have Aguero.

You know why City won't win the league this year? Because Chelsea have better players in almost every position.

Silva, Fabregas and Hazard would top my list. If it was just one it would probably be Fabregas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Have to say as a Liverpool fan I like Matic

I don't think hes single

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

city fan
    nobody

If City were as good as their fans seem to think they are, surely they would've beaten Hull today and wouldn't be 7 points behind Chelsea :rolleyes:

You know why City won't win the league this year? Because Chelsea have better players in almost every position.

What a bizarre statement to make.

• Advertisement

What a bizarre statement to make.

I find it bizarre that you would turn your nose up at replacing players with better players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Im a chelsea fan , id like sanchez or agueuro, no1 else really

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Ivanovic definitely gets a mention from me for his attitude alone. No bullsh1t about that man whatsoever. Tough as nails but as fair and as honest as they come. A real gent. A man's man. I'd be proud to support him in my time. A true soldier on the pitch if there ever was one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Lol at the city fans.

Hazard is who I'd take. Great player.

I find it bizarre that you would turn your nose up at replacing players with better players.

City are crying out for a quality winger and Hazard is the only guy in the league that would fit there and Matic is the best player in the league not named Aguero or Hazard. After that I'm struggling to think of players who would effectively fit in the team. Courtois I guess but as I said before I think Hart fits well with the rest of the team. Of course if we're talking worldwide sure they're many players I would gladly take but restricted to England only players from Chelsea really I would like to see at the club and Hazard and Matic are the only two really.

• Advertisement

City are crying out for a quality winger and Hazard is the only guy in the league that would fit there and Matic is the best player in the league not named Aguero or Hazard. After that I'm struggling to think of players who would effectively fit in the team. Courtois I guess but as I said before I think Hart fits well with the rest of the team. Of course if we're talking worldwide sure they're many players I would gladly take but restricted to England only players from Chelsea really I would like to see at the club and Hazard and Matic are the only two really.

Just because you think there's one area that needs strengthening doesn't mean everywhere else is as good as it can be.

Kompany has been poor for a while now, Navas is is all huff and puff with very little end product; Nasri is OK but no more than that. Mangala has been dire at times, jury very much still out there. There's at least 4 keepers I'd have instead of Hart. Fernando is another that I wouldn't be too excited about and Aguero could be teamed up with a lot better than the current options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

As a United fan I'd have to say Mario Balotelli. A gift that keeps on giving.

The clown at the circus.

• Sanchez, Matic & Alex Song going on this seasons performances

Edit* and Harry Kane

Just because you think there's one area that needs strengthening doesn't mean everywhere else is as good as it can be.

Kompany has been poor for a while now, Navas is is all huff and puff with very little end product; Nasri is OK but no more than that. Mangala has been dire at times, jury very much still out there. There's at least 4 keepers I'd have instead of Hart. Fernando is another that I wouldn't be too excited about and Aguero could be teamed up with a lot better than the current options.

Pound for pound Vinny is the best CB in the league so I wouldn't replace him with nearly anyone in the world let alone league. Hazard to replace Nasri/Navas. Mangala needs time, still a young lad but has all the abilities to surpass Kompany. Already addressed the Hart situation. Fernando? Matic as I have said before yes to replace him/Ferni. I think it's unfair to recommend strikers for City seeing that Bony hasn't kicked a ball for the club yet. He could become a legend who knows. So in terms of strikers, at the moment I'm happy thank you very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

There's this kid on the books at Southampton, Atari Jaguar who is supposedly the next Maradonna. As a United fan I'd love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Outrageous statement.

Pound for pound Vinny is the best CB in the league so I wouldn't replace him with nearly anyone in the world let alone league. Hazard to replace Nasri/Navas. Mangala needs time, still a young lad but has all the abilities to surpass Kompany. Already addressed the Hart situation. Fernando? Matic as I have said before yes to replace him/Ferni. I think it's unfair to recommend strikers for City seeing that Bony hasn't kicked a ball for the club yet. He could become a legend who knows. So in terms of strikers, at the moment I'm happy thank you very much.
    There's better CB's than Kompany around - you could argue that Thiago Silva, Chiellini, Sergio Ramos, Jerome Boateng, Diego Godin, Mats Hummels are all better than him at the minute.

You must be deluded if you think City are so strong that only 2 of Chelsea's players would improve their team. I think City have wasted obscene amount of money on players that they shouldn't have signed and they've missed out on cheaper players that would have improved their team. Buying Bony for £30m was bizarre imo.

No, Courtois is far better, and a far better fit for City as well. Goalkeepers don't need to "fit". What does Hart do that Courtois can't?

Kompany, lol. Disaster this season (and not great last), Demichelis is better at the moment. Mangala remains to be seen, so far so not good.

Azpilicueta is miles ahead of both, Kolarov can't even defend.

On Costa: Right back at you. Who needs Bony when you have Aguero?

Love how you completely ignored the Navas-Sanchez thing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Even when he was at his best several years ago, he made mistakes. More than a top class centre half should. Last season he was poor and he isn't any better this season. He looks even worse since his injury.

He gets a pass on his reputation. The pundits should be grilling him more than they are.....and to be honest you fans should know better. He should absolutely still start for City because you don't have any better, but I'd have about a dozen centre halves ahead of him at the moment from the premier league alone. I'd agree that Mangala looks promising and is being criticized unfairly from some quarters. Like Zouma at Chelsea, they have all the attributes to be top class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

As a Sunderland fan, James Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah, Hazard is the only winger in the league better than Navas or Nasri. That Sanchez guy and that Di Maria chancer wouldn't get near the team.

Hart's like the 6th best keeper in the league and that's being kind to him.

As for the OPs question it'd be tough to nail down one because I'm not sure a lot of the United's players performances have been reflective of their abilities for a while. Probably either Hazard or Sanchez though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement