Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Lady creche" in during the 6 nations rugby

Options
  • 07-02-2015 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

The Beauty lounge in Galway advertised a "lady creche" on their Facebook page during the 6 nations....

Its still up there on facebook, despite the Galway advertiser removing the link they shared earlier after a torrent of abuse

Curious if anyone availed of this service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sister service to the Husband Day Care Centre being offered by the Forster Court yesterday:

DSC_1912.JPG?gl=IE

Renzo Cafe regularly has a similar sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

No idea why there would be any abuse. The idea of man creche or husband day care as shown above is an old joke and nobody cares,

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭todders

No idea why there would be any abuse. The idea of man creche or husband day care as shown above is an old joke and nobody cares,

That in itself is kind of the point.

I saw no backlash on the "husband daycare" when it surfaced recently but the "Lady crèche" cause a bit of an upset this morning

You can still see some of the responses left on their facebook page as previous here:

https://m.facebook.com/graphsearch/str/beauty%2Blounge%2Bperfect%2Bsolution/keywords_top?tsid=0.722706898348406&source=typeahead&soft=notifications

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭deisedude

People need to get over themselves if they take offence at a harmless joke. Some people are just looking to be outraged

• Advertisement

deisedude wrote: »
    People need to get over themselves if they take offence at a harmless joke. Some people are just looking to be outraged

It is sexist though, is being sexist fair game now?

todders wrote: »

Thank you for proving my point

Thank you for proving my point

How exactly?

Silence, I figured as much lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

You gave him all of 11 minutes before declaring he was dodging your question?
    New to boards/the internet/life in general?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well it's generalising.

And I think the reason they got such a backlash was the fact that there are loads women who are avid fans of Rugby (and they even understand the rules!).

It's a joke, the world is being ruined by PC nonsense and people getting offended at everything.

Did your boyfriend drop you off in the lady creche to get your knickers in such a twist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Nothing better on Facebook than the Galway Advertiser taking an absolute whipping.

Did your boyfriend drop you off in the lady creche to get your knickers in such a twist?

Question avoided, speaks volumes ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Careful now, down with this sort of thing. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

This Is galway on fb stating the same, that women don't know the rules/ concept of 6 nations, that we need help there. What a pathetic notion. I don't hold it against anyone using it as a shameless promo but I think it is a bit sexist and in my life not true. It's my favourite sport, my favourite competition/ that I be thought of of less knowledgable/ passionate because I don't have a Penis is sad

ArtyC wrote: »
    This Is galway on fb stating the same, that women don't know the rules/ concept of 6 nations, that we need help there. What a pathetic notion. I don't hold it against anyone using it as a shameless promo but I think it is a bit sexist and in my life not true. It's my favourite sport, my favourite competition/ that I be thought of of less knowledgable/ passionate because I don't have a Penis is sad

It's the scrotum really. Did you know that when a man is born, he is instincitvely instilled with the rules of all manly sports and games? This information is stored in his lower brain, aka the scrotum, to be accessed at any time.

Women have to settle for using their upper brain, aka the brain, for retaining sporting knowledge. This can be tiring and irritating, which means that a day having their bodies buffed and polished is often far more appealing than taxing themselves with watching sporting events.

See, science. BOOM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Well it's generalising.

And I think the reason they got such a backlash was the fact that there are loads women who are avid fans of Rugby (and they even understand the rules!).

Laws
    Rugby has laws not rules

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

ArtyC wrote: »
    This is no different to the Man-creche signs you regularly see around town with not so much as a squeak of complaint. Those signs use similar lazy stereotypes/sexist remarks but are just seen as funny signs that don't need further thought.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

DSC_1912.JPG?gl=IE
    That is sooooo derogatory. Where do I complain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

The world is gone pc crazy. I'm surprised we're still allowed label separate mens and women's bathrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

snubbleste wrote: »
    That is sooooo derogatory. Where do I complain?

Sign was outside the Forster Court hotel.

When you go to complain, can I come and take a video? I reckon it could go viral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

To those who think the "lady crèche" is sexist, I trust you are were similarly outraged when the "man crèche" first came about. To be otherwise is hypocritical in the extreme. As a wife, sister, daughter and friend of men, it bothers me when women make sexist jokes about men but get all upset and PC when the shoe is on the other foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

They're both sexist. It just depends who was bothered enough to complain. Other factors may be might be 'straw that broke the camel's back', lack of visibility (via social media) and passion for sport :)
    Loads of pubs have used this sign (I remember it at The Cottage not so long ago). For the record, I did overhear a complaint from a couple. Lighthearted but a complaint nonetheless. But of course they were tourists so it doesn't count :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Lads... don't you get it yet? Sexism against men = a laugh.

Sexism against women = a disgrace/evidence of the patriarchy/oppression etc. etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

The difference between the two is a man looks forward to a bit of quite time to himself when the woman wants to do some shopping or other womanly stuff, whereas the woman, when told that their other half are heading out to enjoy themselves ,wonder why they can't enjoy each others company and head out to see the game together

Which leads me to believe that most women are insecure, most men are socially retarded introverts, and we are 2 totally different species in a constant battle with each other, its a wonder how we managed to get this far in the evolutionary cycle at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

whupdedo wrote: »
    The difference between the two is a man looks forward to a bit of quite time to himself when the woman wants to do some shopping or other womanly stuff, whereas the woman, when told that their other half are heading out to enjoy themselves ,wonder why they can't enjoy each others company and head out to see the game together

Which leads me to believe that most women are insecure, most men are socially retarded introverts, and we are 2 totally different species in a constant battle with each other, its a wonder how we managed to get this far in the evolutionary cycle at all

Horses for courses. You could equally reverse those gender definitions and accurately describe people I know. Generalisations at best. ;)
    As for evolutionary cycle, when God designed that, she set it up so we don't have to necessarily get along to keep the factory going! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Nothing new. A certain female radio host on 2FM use to be ****en' on, on the radio about some hot young lads and what she'd like to do to them.

She gets a you go girl. A guy doing the same would get complaints and likely be fired.

The only people that have the right to get offended by either sign are those who have never used or believed in a stereotype about the opposite sex and that's nobody. We do need to get the f**k over ourselves. Men and women. Though, I get the feeling the recent rising up of men is in retaliation to the amount of causes that some womens groups get involved in.

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    Laws
    Rugby has laws not rules

You should go in and lodge your complaint with the Beauty Lounge about their ad.

Advertisement