Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer not connecting to internet through Wifi

Options
  • 07-02-2015 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

hi everyone,

My desktop computers wifi ain't wanting to connect to the net. I can see the connection and it looks like its connected to the web but when you open a webpage there is nothing happening.

I have replaced the WiFi stick but it still ain't connecting so it ain't the WiFi stick.

I have connected through the LAN cable and also connected through tethering on my mobile phone and both work fine.

Anyone have any more suggestions !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Go into your wireless adapter ipv4 settings and ensure you have set ip and dns to automatic. Go into 'manage wireless networks' and remove the wireless connection, then scan for wireless networks and try to connect again.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Have tried that previously seems to be something a bit more complicated.

degsie wrote: »
    Go into your wireless adapter ipv4 settings and ensure you have set ip and dns to automatic. Go into 'manage wireless networks' and remove the wireless connection, then scan for wireless networks and try to connect again.

Can anything else connect to your routers wifi and works? Do your wifi sticks match your routers settings, i.e 'g' or 'n'?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Turn the router off then on

mp22 wrote: »
    Turn the router off then on

4463d682735d1cb300ce7e5032c9128e3dd4a553f5a2fc44273e07f8a3ae07bd.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement