Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest places to live in cork/cork city

Options
  • 07-02-2015 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi ,

I'm moving to cork with my wife . We are both from Dublin. What places would you recommend us to move to? We plan on a family soon so a nice safe family friendly area. I work in the city.

Any other dubs please share your experience!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Tintin8 wrote: »
    Hi ,

I'm moving to cork with my wife . We are both from Dublin. What places would you recommend us to move to? We plan on a family soon so a nice safe family friendly area. I work in the city.

Any other dubs please share your experience!

Thanks

Sorry about that :pac:

Are you looking to have everything on your doorstep? Renting?

Wilton/Bishopstown and Douglas-Both have everything on your doorstep. Affluent areas.

If it is of any use you can use this deprivation index(map)
    http://airo.maynoothuniversity.ie/external-content/deprivationindex2014

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Hi op

I live in Rochestown and its a lovely area. It's close to Douglas which has lots of shops, restaurants, pubs and a nice park. Its also not too far from the city centre although traffic to both these areas can be heavy in the mornings. There are several good schools close by and most parks/housing estates in this area have ample green areas for kids to play. There's lots of nice places in Cork but I'm recommending this area as its the one I know best.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

sundays well area is a grand place to live

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

My favourite areas would include Ballinlough, Blackrock, Sundays well or if you want to live rural but near the city Ballinora. Might want to be more specific about requirements.

Advertisement