Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

5S 8.1.3. Shutting Off

• 07-02-2015 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

Allo,

I have a 5S and each time I've gone for a long walk with the music playing the battery just decided, this week at 81% and last week at 65% to go from that point to completely dead(or so it says).

When you try to turn it on you get the empty cell bock and the lightening lead basically telling you to plug it in.

When I get back to the car and connect it up it shows the charge level being that where I knew it was around 65% and 81%(near enough estimates).

Is it the new IOS Software, is there a battery issue for 5S or are the ear buds draining the battery or is something draining the battery so quick the darn battery indicator isn't keeping up.

I should point out that I can happily use the phone, non music related, all day with the battery happily going down 1% at a time until I charge it back up. I dont often let it get much lower than 20% anyway so I'm sure it's not that the battery is faulty.

Very annoying having to walk 90 mins back to the car on a deserted forest trail with nothing but your own mind to entertain you, LOL. :D

Any suggestions or help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It was happening to my 5s long before 8.1.3 so I went to Belfast yesterday and got it replaced under warranty. Absolutely brilliant service in the Apple Store and including updating the replacement and restoring most of my iCloud backup I was in and out in an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It isn't under Warranty though and I'm not heading to Belfast to find an Apple Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Could be dodgy battery ... Ring Apple ... They replaced my 5S which was out of warranty by a few months.
    They will ask you to set up as a new phone first to ensure its not a software issue.

Mine didn't have the music issue but was dying @ around 30%. Plug it in and would go straight back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Buy a charging case. I bought one for 25 euro and its a godsend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Allo,

I have a 5S and each time I've gone for a long walk with the music playing the battery just decided, this week at 81% and last week at 65% to go from that point to completely dead(or so it says).

I should point out that I can happily use the phone, non music related, all day with the battery happily going down 1% at a time until I charge it back up. I dont often let it get much lower than 20% anyway so I'm sure it's not that the battery is faulty.

So this only happens when you use the EarPods? Obvious things I'd look at would be if there's anything in the headphone jack that doesn't belong and maybe try another pair of earphones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have a new pair of earphones, arrived yesterday, so will get a chance on my hike to try them on Saturday. I'm hoping that's it but they're just earphones, there's no attachments to them. Meh, time will tell on Saturday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I would have a good look/clean the headphone jack as well. Could be as simple as a bit of foil paper stuck in there causing problems.

Advertisement