Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Sound-machine.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Appreciated. These neggers were really hurting my feelings with their jealousy. I wouldn't mind, but two of them have since PM'd me begging me to sell it to them, but I haughtily refused. It's mine. Get yer own.

Pm sent. I'd like one please. I went to visit a relative in kildare and when I came back our, my radio was fecked and the car was up on blocks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Pm sent. I'd like one please. I went to visit a relative in kildare and when I came back our, my radio was fecked and the car was up on blocks :(

I'm sorry, Fellow poster, but these are not for sale, as I have told the dozens of people who have PM'd me looking to buy. Strictly for my own use - this one is going into the little fellas bedroom so he can listen to Biggie in style. Maybe PM Angus? - He has all sorts of stuff for sale, generally. He's always flogging something.

I'm sorry, Fellow poster, but these are not for sale, as I have told the dozens of people who have PM'd me looking to buy. Strictly for my own use - this one is going into the little fellas bedroom so he can listen to Biggie in style. Maybe PM Angus? - He has all sorts of stuff for sale, generally. He's always flogging something.

If I feel the strong desire to purchase a deceased horse, he'll be the first point of contact ;)

Not a bad setup mate. Top marks for doing something different. Mabye more bass oriented speakers with separate tweeters beside them and a double din touch screen would be cooler. And thicker connecting legs too, but otherwise, its kinda cool :o

If I feel the strong desire to purchase a deceased horse, he'll be the first point of contact ;)

Not a bad setup mate. Top marks for doing something different. Mabye more bass oriented speakers with separate tweeters beside them and a double din touch screen would be cooler. And thicker connecting legs too, but otherwise, its kinda cool :o

Thank's for your positive comments, it is refreshing after the uncalled for deluge of negativity aimed my way. I was really reeling at the venom displayed by some of the previous posters. Hardly my fault they have yet to be connected to the national grid and have to grind out their tunes on the same old axe that their grandads used to own. Astounding rudeness. Especially when any fool with two eyes can see this is a thing of beauty and sophistication, with excellent sound thrown in as a bonus.

And the lights change colour...eh? eh? Colouredy light?? What's not to love?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

And the lights change colour...eh? eh? Colouredy light?? What's not to love?

Be handy on the top of an ambulance anyway

Be handy on the top of an ambulance anyway

I think they have them already Shep Lover, blue lights that is.. These may not be aerodynamic enough for that purpose. Could go well on an ice-cream van, seeing as they're so feckin cool. ;) It looks a lot nicer IRL, -much like myself. Don't photograph well, it's a curse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

thats a nice bit of engineering

I thought so too Johnny. I don't get the slagging tbh, it does exactly what i want it to do, it looks cool irl, plays the sort of music I like really well and is a bit of craic. I can only assume the feckers are jealous.

In the best tradition of Fanny Craddock, Here's one I made earlier.

10930992_860791597297273_5204923079695758228_n.jpg?oh=2e5aa6b08d7eb7583f81953adc028fdf&oe=55956FFC&__gda__=1432269636_16614a098d603ad397dc2eb704a6c07d

• Advertisement

It doesn't have colouredy lights that change colour though, so it isn't as good. IMO. Still sounds excellent though. Crisp and bassey. Looks well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

You asked for feedback. Stop getting so upset that it's not all universally positive. Grow a thicker skin and get on with it mate.

Nice. I reckon a different colour might do well too. Or two, even. A single colour all round might lead to a product being called bland.

Mabye painting the rims a nice gloss black, while painting the very edges yellow, or red would be a nice touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

Ya, worthy of Isambard Kingdom Brunel himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

In the best tradition of Fanny Craddock, Here's one I made earlier.

Link and stack a few of them together and create a big monster Transformer sound machine.

Nice. I reckon a different colour might do well too. Or two, even. A single colour all round might lead to a product being called bland.

Mabye painting the rims a nice gloss black, while painting the very edges yellow, or red would be a nice touch.

It isn't a "product" Renegade, it's a bit of fun. My bit of fun. As Angris said, you need to wash out yer ears. At least I think that's what he said, I tend to gloss over a lot of what he posts these days, he has become a bit of a parody of himself. Germany doesn't appear to agree with him. I'd say he misses home, bless.

And putting them on an oul Frontera that has its own eco system inside maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

But you are implying that this has been through process of proper 'engineering' ?

With any intention to solve an issue, or improve upon an already existing solution?

Does this demonstrate an efficient use of materials, technology and form factors? Does it comply with any product design or even legal guidelines? Would it even receive a basic pass grade from an entry level product design course. Are we really all 'well jell'?

As OP stated it's just a bit of personal fun, 'tis all it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Why do you have two threads on the exact same thing?

Also 'bassy' is never a good thing.

Bassy is a very good thing, so long as it is complimented with mid-range and top frequencies. EQs can be altered with presets anyway.
    The most expensive speakers try to capture everything from sub-35 up to 20,000 Hz to best emulate live/real sound.
    This is only best achievable buy using pairs of woofers(reflex ports), good mid-rangers and tweeters.
    This yoke has one pair of car door speakers probably offering 70-18,000 on average RMS.

• Advertisement

Bassy is a very good thing, so long as it is complimented with mid-range and top frequencies. EQs can be altered with presets anyway.
    The most expensive speakers try to capture everything from sub-35 up to 20,000 Hz to best emulate live/real sound.
    This is only best achievable buy using pairs of woofers(reflex ports), good mid-rangers and tweeters.
    This yoke has one pair of car door speakers probably offering 70-18,000 on average RMS.

This "Yoke" - I highly resemble that remark, btw - has a pair of Sony X-plode 280 watt speakers, I'll have you know, my good man. None of your down-market rubbish. Sony - the speaker of choice for discerning audiophiles. Great bit of range to them - optimised for Dance hit's of the 90's. On a less jokey note, I have a big, feck-off, expensive pair of Bose(es? What's the plural of Bose? Boso? Bozo? I'll ask Anus Von Bismarck later, he knows all about that foreign stuff, being in germany and all that). These don't sound half-bad by comparison. Sony...the good sh1t.

Why do you have two threads on the exact same thing?

Also 'bassy' is never a good thing.

Because it's wonderful? And who knew there was a music forum? Or a Hi-Fi forum? Or how to delete a thread? Also, I reckon you need to rethink your "bassy no good" comment dude - no bass, no bass drop. When do you know to kick into your "moves"?

Sony's not bad, but not in any way near the best, about or maybe just above average in fact (usually overly pricey too).

A 420w pair of these (better spec) can be got for £52 amazon.co.uk
    see: Sony-XS-GT6938F-Coaxial-Speaker-System [slash] dp [slash] B00AYQPUDC [slash] ref=dp_ob_title_ce

One good thing is they appear to be 3-way can get the lows down to 40.
    30 or 35 is the benchmark for really good bass, usually with ports and long-throws.

Whilst 280w may be the 'peak power', this translates to around 40w in constant (real) industry standard RMS terms.

Would have concerns with this product in terms of heating due to voltage inversion and physical safety if dog or young one ran near it.
    Unless using wholly recycled goods, there is a spurious use of materials and energy in relation to end function delivered.

Fine a single piece of 'art' or 'just for fun'.

Sony's not bad, but not in any way near the best, about or maybe just above average in fact (usually overly pricey too).

A 420w pair of these (better spec) can be got for £52 amazon.co.uk
    see: Sony-XS-GT6938F-Coaxial-Speaker-System [slash] dp [slash] B00AYQPUDC [slash] ref=dp_ob_title_ce

One good thing is they appear to be 3-way can get the lows down to 40.
    30 or 35 is the benchmark for really good bass, usually with ports and long-throws.

Whilst 280w may be the 'peak power', this translates to around 40w in constant (real) industry standard RMS terms.

Would have concerns with this product in terms of heating due to voltage inversion and physical safety if dog or young one ran near it.
    Unless using wholly recycled goods, there is a spurious use of materials and energy in relation to end function delivered.

Fine a single piece of 'art' or 'just for fun'.
    Actually almost all recycled - scrap rims, salvaged PC 220-12v power supply, steel bits out of the scrap bin and odds and sods from around the workshop. The speakers and stereo themselves are the bought bits. Look, the idea isn't to produce "concert" grade sound, I just looked to produce crisp, clear music, no hums, no interference, no rattles or distortion and able to be turned up to full volume without becoming a mush. I can get top-grade speakers from the states for €250 a piece, but what's the point if the €60(a pair) Sony ones do the job? I know I'm kinda skitting, but the sound is actually bloody good. And more than that, it looks out-there sat in the room. Which was the original idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Also, I reckon you need to rethink your "bassy no good" comment dude - no bass, no bass drop. When do you know to kick into your "moves"?
    Not all music styles feature bass drops. The only time I find that some extra bass helps is with some electronic music where there's an emphasis on bass. In other forms of music too much bass can result in masking of the mid-range and the music sounding muddy, and the mid-range is the most important. A balanced sound that suits all forms of music is the best way to go.

Not all music styles feature bass drops. The only time I find that some extra bass helps is with some electronic music where there's an emphasis on bass. In other forms of music too much bass can result in masking of the mid-range and the music sounding muddy, and the mid-range is the most important. A balanced sound that suits all forms of music is the best way to go.

I skip any songs on the CDs that lack Bass.:D Seriously though, these are just a half-decent, nothing too fancy mid-range speaker. Too much Bass will never be an issue. I have a pair of big, feck-off Kicker Woofers that I tried, but the power was just too much and it sounded crap.

Or this one, a work in progress...

10421519_865298510179915_690876786760572642_n.jpg?oh=f8ac6eeac41c99ef8e9fbff361d8caee&oe=5557C171&__gda__=1431423152_135f015f9425f50ee4ffb79232b24719

You really went all out with the styling, a VW badge?

Suppose it will appeal to the country yokels who slouch around in their "slammed" daysul, bland saloons with pigeons in the exhaust. Least you know your market

You really went all out with the styling, a VW badge?

Suppose it will appeal to the country yokels who slouch around in their "slammed" daysul, bland saloons with pigeons in the exhaust. Least you know your market

Everyone loves a vag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I genuinely thought it would be impossible to make something more ghastly than the first creation. I was wrong. Impressive.

Advertisement