Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Sound-machine.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Impressive.

I knew you'd like the green Angie, probably reminds you of home. It is pretty damn nice, isn't it. Thanks for the positive comment, means a lot to me.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Or this one, a work in progress...

10421519_865298510179915_690876786760572642_n.jpg?oh=f8ac6eeac41c99ef8e9fbff361d8caee&oe=5557C171&__gda__=1431423152_135f015f9425f50ee4ffb79232b24719

It's definitely a good bit neater. Much more tidy. Dunno about the vw badge and if the radios facia colour could be changed to match the rym colour, Id recommend doing so, but as an overall package, it's looking good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I can only presume that the creator is a teenager tasked by a misguided social worker to "do something with his hands" for community service with donated wheels, car radios and parts. The idea that a grown man would sink his spare time and money on any of these obscenities isn't a pleasant one.

It's great to have a hobby Frodo, you ought to consider taking one up.The hole idea is a bit of amusement. Here's one you'll love, possibly..

10947357_856168361092930_291586209669216782_n.jpg?oh=2f2c6f4b6073a0b3ac37fa31fcde7403&oe=5594E457

I can only presume that the creator is a teenager tasked by a misguided social worker to "do something with his hands" for community service with donated wheels, car radios and parts. The idea that a grown man would sink his spare time and money on any of these obscenities isn't a pleasant one.

Find yourself a reflective surface if you want to see some real obscenities. Jaysus a fella can't do anything different without being ridiculed. That begrudging nature is what's wrong with the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

While I'm not particularly impressed with his creations, this post is just dumb

While I'm not particularly impressed with his creations, this post is just dumb

So you're saying you're a little bit impressed? I'll take that as a positive. Also, that post is just one mere tid-bit of the vast sea of wonder that is Freddies input to the internet. With 28,000 tid-bits to date, I guess the poor sod doesn't have time for any other activities. He put up a shelf once, but it fell down. Apart from that, he isn't the best with his hands. He's more the verbal type. He does very good verbal.

That blue one is bloody nice though, even if I do say so myself. But then I'm biased.

That blue one is bloody nice though, even if I do say so myself. But then I'm biased.

I see a red yoke in the background of your first pic. Have ye a full picture of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

And deluded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Another limitation of car radios is they don't (usually) have any i-red remote controls. So heightens the risk of tripping over this even further.

Just noticed as well as all these spurious use of materials (and spatial factors) you may also have to put an amplifier in there too
    - as most older car stereos might only push out 20w RMS (their fancy advertised PMPO rating is fairly irrelevant).

At some stage I might make a pair of something like this:
    Case-Of-Bass-Vintage-Suitcase-Boombox-2.jpg
    10mins of jigsaw and fairly low-cost to produce, just needs front grills and 1/4 jack on top. Expansion/foam inside.
    Most importantly: flight, storage and back friendly.

Would be used to 'stereo host' a Marshall head at gigs as the G12's in combo cabs weigh a tonne.
    And another smaller set to cater for quad of long throwing bass tubes serving a Line6 LD150 head with the sub-bass button activated.

And deluded

Hardly. Given Angus and Fradas posts, I think he may be on to something. I reckon there might be a decent market in those "new age" youth clubs..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It's great to have a hobby Frodo, you ought to consider taking one up.The hole idea is a bit of amusement. Here's one you'll love, possibly..

10947357_856168361092930_291586209669216782_n.jpg?oh=2f2c6f4b6073a0b3ac37fa31fcde7403&oe=5594E457

Not fond of the green one myself but this blue one looks nice.

Joe Doe wrote: »
    Another limitation of car radios is they don't (usually) have any i-red remote controls. So heightens the risk of tripping over this even further.

Just noticed as well as all these spurious use of materials (and spatial factors) you may also have to put an amplifier in there too
    - as most older car stereos might only push out 20w RMS (their fancy advertised PMPO rating is fairly irrelevant).

At some stage I might make a pair of something like this:
    Case-Of-Bass-Vintage-Suitcase-Boombox-2.jpg
    10mins of jigsaw and fairly low-cost to produce, just needs front grills and 1/4 jack on top. Expansion/foam inside.
    Most importantly: flight, storage and back friendly.

Would be used to 'stereo host' a Marshall head at gigs as the G12's in combo cabs weigh a tonne.
    And another smaller set to cater for quad of long throwing bass tubes serving a Line6 LD150 head with the sub-bass button activated.

All have remote controls, and Bluetooth. Also, "tripping over" what? There's no external wires, only a power flex. Everything is inside. And the suitcase idea? Good luck with that. You need absolute rigidity within the speaker box or you make a big whumpy-balloon that sounds crap. The airflow behind a speaker running at any sort of volume is not to be taken lightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

Is the taxpayer paying for this folly? A lad can draw his dole and sandpaper his bollocks for all I care. As long as he's looking for work. This looks like the type of thing a lad with an intellectual disability would knock together for his Junior Cert.

Not fond of the green one myself but this blue one looks nice.

The green one is a girly one, for a girl. She loves it. She's also a VW nut, hence the badge. ;) I like it too, but I prefer black.

RomanKnows wrote: »
    Is the taxpayer paying for this folly? A lad can draw his dole and sandpaper his bollocks for all I care. As long as he's looking for work. This looks like the type of thing a lad with an intellectual disability would knock together for his Junior Cert.

Sure I have to spend the childrens allowance on something Romey, might as well blow it on these, eh? I hardly need it, what with the lavish amount I get on the scratcher. These certainly help fill the long empty days of doing nothing. Bosh up a few pics of them lolly-pop stick castles you make, I love them. Some use of the glue.

Very unusual to see a car stereo with rc feature, as the driver usually just presses the buttons.
    Very high centre of gravity and non-tripod supported, lead may need tethered to one of the basses.

Think these could be limited to PA only (small public venues such as youth clubs or bingo events),
    hard to imagine getting in to the back of a ford fiesta or something.

The theboomcase.com type cases have already been proven concepts, hard to patent so easy to replicate.
    Granted a light ply frame inside and decent MDF front inside wouldn't go a miss, small airports somewhere for the bass version, foam elsewhere.
    Marshall/Mesa/Fender guitar cabs are 'airtight structures' already, so not like a vent is essential. Bass cabs do have small vents though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

RomanKnows wrote: »

D'you what you could be on to something there, at least he's doing something productive, idle hands and all that.

They're a bit chav but I guess he's spotted a niche in the market, the cute shylock;)

Very unusual to see a car stereo with rc feature, as the driver usually just presses the buttons.
    Very high centre of gravity and non-tripod supported, lead may need tethered to one of the basses.

Think these could be limited to PA only (small public venues such as youth clubs or bingo events),
    hard to imagine getting in to the back of a ford fiesta or something.

The theboomcase.com type cases have already been proven concepts, hard to patent so easy to replicate.
    Granted a light ply frame inside and decent MDF front inside wouldn't go a miss, small airports somewhere for the bass version, foam elsewhere.
    Marshall/Mesa/Fender guitar cabs are 'airtight structures' already, so not like a vent is essential. Bass cabs do have small vents though.

No, and No. They go in the the corner of your cool, loft apartment, they're 220V mains powered. I'm not entirely sure you're grasping the whole concept tbh...you or Anus Von Beeswax. I'd expect little better off the Romany chap, but I at least thought a couple of ye would "grasp" the idea.

Happily, dozens of Boardsies have PM'd me to say how much they like these and offer kind words of encouragement, most stating they were afraid to post on-thread due to the preponderence of riff-raff who appear to have nothing but negativity to offer. I'm still highly encouraged by Frodos comment that he is "impressed" though. That has me on a high for the evening. Thanks Buddy! To those who have offered schnide barbed comments, I have only this to say -i now know how Picasso felt when his work was rubbished by the proles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

To those who have offered schnide barbed comments, I have only this to say -i now know how Picasso felt when his work was rubbished by the proles.

Picasso was a sadist who abused his women -- wives, lovers and muses alike; beating one until she was unconscious and taking pleasure in holding a lighting candle to the face of another.

Picasso was a sadist who abused his women -- wives, lovers and muses alike; beating one until she was unconscious and taking pleasure in holding a lighting candle to the face of another.

Jasus. I thought he was some dude who designed quirky french mini-people carriers that everyone mocked but then came to appreciate for their practicality. My bad. Carry on.

Jasus. I thought he was some dude who designed quirky french mini-people carriers that everyone mocked but then came to appreciate for their practicality. My bad. Carry on.

Same person, essentially. Ask any person who's had to work on one, they're suffering even more than his lovers did..

Same person, essentially. Ask any person who's had to work on one, they're suffering even more than his lovers did..

The 1.6 petrols were a cracking motor though, good for serious mileage. Shame the electrics were so dodgy. The new models look lovely too. Nice cars.

I meant how do yo transport and place into the 17th floor of my loft apartment though?
    Right beside where Picasso's guitar man adorns the wall along with Kandinsky and Monet?

Simply consider this as post-product 'market research' that clearly demonstrated a 'less than perfect' undesired response on average.
    Obviously you have some basic manufacturing ability, may be handy with a jig, solder and welder.
    This could perhaps be better deployed/employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ah but the man knew his way around a canvas though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

I meant how do yo transport and place into the 17th floor of my loft apartment though?

17 floors? That's a tenement flat you're living in.

I wouldn't worry about it, how could someone on the social afford one of these?

Right beside where Picasso's guitar man adorns the wall along with Kandinsky and Monet?

Simply consider this as post-product 'market research' that clearly demonstrated a 'less than perfect' undesired response on average.
    Obviously you have some basic manufacturing ability, may be handy with a jig, solder and welder.
    This could perhaps be better deployed/employed.

Feck you. This has over 200 likes on FB. Dafuq would you know anyway? You couldn't even come up with an interesting username ffs. Pfft. Like I'd listen to any "advice" offered by the neck-beards and proles that frequent internet forums anyway. Sure ye have no taste. Everyone knows that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I make em for me, not to sell. And happily, I like them. Also, I have a fair few bits of high end hi-fi gear, regular stuff. This set-up sounds better. Simple as. Also, I like '90's Dance music. "Not everyone likes the same things" shocker. ;)

If you make them for yourself, why do you have three or more of them? I can understand having one for a gimmick, but why three? Get a good price at Clara Market for them?

• Advertisement

If you make them for yourself, why do you have three or more of them? I can understand having one for a gimmick, but why three? Get a good price at Clara Market for them?

No idea what a clara market is, but presumably she's gorgeous.

I may well end up having a dozen or more. And why not. It's good to surround yourself with beauty.

Advertisement