Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triton Aspirante not pumping/mixing cold

• 07-02-2015 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I have a triton aspirante thermostatic pumped shower. Hot is fed from cylinder just beside it , cold from tank in attic directly above, the unit seems to have stopped pumping or mixing cold water.

If I turn it on to full power and high temp it is v hot, when I turn down the temp the flow weakens and "pulses" but doesn't get much colder, when I turn it all the way to cold I just get a trickle of cold.

Any ideas, unit is about 7 years old and worked fine up to now. Am going to take off cover tomorrow and see if I can see anything.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Cushtie wrote: »
    Hi folks, I have a triton aspirante thermostatic pumped shower. Hot is fed from cylinder just beside it , cold from tank in attic directly above, the unit seems to have stopped pumping or mixing cold water.

If I turn it on to full power and high temp it is v hot, when I turn down the temp the flow weakens and "pulses" but doesn't get much colder, when I turn it all the way to cold I just get a trickle of cold.

Any ideas, unit is about 7 years old and worked fine up to now. Am going to take off cover tomorrow and see if I can see anything.

Ok first off asparente just describes the satin chrome colour. It is actually an as2000 of some sort.

The cold filter may be blocked. You will need to turn off the water in the attic & the hot water in the hot press before you remove the filter.

If the valves are fully open & filters are clean then the cartridge needs replacing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Thanks sleper21. Will have a go off it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Sleep12 it was the cold water filter clogged up alright. Flying away again now! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Cushtie wrote: »
    Sleep12 it was the cold water filter clogged up alright. Flying away again now! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Brilliant! :-)

Advertisement