Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday spin east Meath/Drogheda

• 07-02-2015 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

I'm staying with my folks in east Meath so can't go out with the club in te morning. I threw the bike in the car so looking for a suggested route around east Meath/Louth. Or any club let a guest tag along!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

what sort of distance? hills or flat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

9.30am Quay Cycles, Drogheda.
    About 80kms. average speed about 28kph. Probably not a lot of hills.
    Not affiliated to any club. There will be about 10-14 out, I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Doc07

Eamonnator wrote: »
    9.30am Quay Cycles, Drogheda.
    About 80kms. average speed about 28kph. Probably not a lot of hills.

Thanks for replies Eamonnator and Lennymc. If my folks dont mind doing the early shift with my son I'll make the Quay cycles spin.

In case I don't make that would you mind suggesting a route approx 80k /3hrs. Leaving from Bettystown, don't mind of it's heading inland or Drogheda or North Co Dublin.

Cheers men

DOC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Velo Club Balrothery leaving Balrothery at 9.30 for Julianstown -Duleek- Drogheda - Mornington - Laytown - Julianstown - Balbriggan - Balrothery

Rumours of a famous ex pro joining the spin are yet tbc.

bcmf wrote: »
    Velo Club Balrothery leaving Balrothery at 9.30 for Julianstown -Duleek- Drogheda - Mornington - Laytown - Julianstown - Balbriggan - Balrothery

Rumours of a famous ex pro joining the spin are yet tbc.

Spoiled for choice, I must go home and visit the folks more often.
    Might see one of you in the morning. Even brought my old Boards jersey but it will probably be buried below a few layers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Doc07 wrote: »
    Thanks for replies Eamonnator and Lennymc. If my folks dont mind doing the early shift with my son I'll make the Quay cycles spin.

In case I don't make that would you mind suggesting a route approx 80k /3hrs. Leaving from Bettystown, don't mind of it's heading inland or Drogheda or North Co Dublin.

Cheers men

DOC

Head out to Trim area via Duleek and either turn back on yourself or come back by Kilmessan. Mainly quite and descent roads. Or come back by Navan but the roads are busier

Thanks again for all the tips. Could only get out after 1pm so couldn't join any groups. Had a nice 50k julianstown, duleek, Tara , back to duleek, donore, Drogheda and around Bettystown, Piltown, Laytown. Good roads most of the way.

Advertisement