Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSA Majestic 30-06

Options
  • 07-02-2015 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Would anyone have any information on a BSA Majestic in 30-06 its over 40 to 50 years old, I cant find anything on youtube, but would love to see some photos of this Rifle.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

Does anyone know BSA was a Company that made Guns before they made Motorcycles, BSA stands for "British Small Arms".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Numrich Corp often have schematics or parts for older guns.

Sorry that I cannot help much, but here is what they have. Sometimes just being able to see a few bits and pieces helps. They have a few stocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lakesider

Tawny Owl wrote: »
    Does anyone know BSA was a Company that made Guns before they made Motorcycles, BSA stands for "British Small Arms".

nope it stands for Birmingham small arms..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Tawny,

"BSA was founded in 1861, by a group of Birmingham gunsmiths. They constructed a new factory at Small Heath, and equipped it with the latest machines. The factory was designed for mass production of firearms right from the beginning. The basis of this mass production was interchangeable parts."

"British Gunmakers" by Nigel Brown has serial numbers of rifles and air rifles and BSA product codes.

The book states that John Knibbs International, Hillside, Shawbury Lane, Shustoke, Warks B46 2RR [ph 01675 481006 and fax 01675 481984] has the surviving records for BSA shotgun, rifle, and air rifles

Knibbs wrote a book on the history of BSA titled the "Golden Century", after he retire from BSA.

Contact John Knibbs http://www.knibbs-family.org/a/authorJohn.htm

http://www.airgunspares.com/store/

http://www.ukgunroom.com/dealer-dire...ler.jsp?id=330

http://www.jgairguns.biz/subpage110.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

lakesider wrote: »

Correct

• Advertisement

lakesider wrote: »

Sorry your right I ment to say Birmingham Small Arms, and thanks for correcting my error.:eek:

Tawny Owl wrote: »
    Sorry your right I ment to say Birmingham Small Arms, and thanks for correcting my error.:eek:

No problem if in doubt ask me first!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

The less kind used to say it stood for 'Bits Stuck Anywhere'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Hi Tawny. Tried one of these that was in a friend collection when living in the US years ago. One I tried was the Majestic Featherweight deluxe, almost identical to this one I found on the internet.

31493494.jpg
    According to my old copy of the Gun Traders Guide the featherweight's were about 1 lb lighter than the Standard Model and were made between 1959 - 1965.

Mauser style action with double square bridge, very nice rifle and shot well as I remember.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

sfakiaman wrote: »
    The less kind used to say it stood for 'Bits Stuck Anywhere'

"Best scrap available" was another..

• Advertisement

323 wrote: »
    Hi Tawny. Tried one of these that was in a friend collection when living in the US years ago. One I tried was the Majestic Featherweight deluxe, almost identical to this one I found on the internet.

31493494.jpg
    According to my old copy of the Gun Traders Guide the featherweight's were about 1 lb lighter than the Standard Model and were made between 1959 - 1965.

Mauser style action with double square bridge, very nice rifle and shot well as I remember.

Thanks for that as I shoot a Ruger .243 M77 mark 2 at the moment, and am planing on going to Hungery next year to shoot Wild Boar, so the Majestic was offered to me and I needed a little more info it will be the rifle of choice for next years shoot.

Advertisement