Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relocate a Back Door in a Timber Frame Home

Options
  • 07-02-2015 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I live in a Timber Frame home and would like to move my back door from one side of the kitchen to the opposite wall.
    The small kitchen was opened up by removing the internal wall into the dining space and utility room, but my back door in now side by side my patio door in the same space.

It would be more practical to have the back door on the opposite side - the side wall of the house.

I was wondering how big a job this would be, approx cost, could I reuse the same door or have to purchase a new one.

The door would be going into a space where there is currently a small window and as best I can tell there are no major plumbing or electrical obstacles.

I am located in Clare and would welcome any advise.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

It shouldn't be to big of a job for a Carpenter / Builder. Remove door and frame from present location. Brace up again Insulate well and line inside with Plaster board and skim to match.
    If you have a window where you want to put the door is probably a bonus as there should be brace or head over the window. remove window cut wall down to floor. Brace up ope to match Door size and frame. Fit frame and Door again. plaster fill around door and skim. Job done except for paint. About 2 days work for one or two people.

Advertisement