Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Brewing. New

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Grand stuff. Ive read in a few places about secondary fermentations. Just another bucket to sterilise.

Steady as she goes RasTa. Surely the extract kit + a big pot (and a few muslin bags) will do me for all grain?

Depends on the size of your batches I suppose but it can take a long time to cool down 19 or 23L of liquid after it's being boiling for an 60-90mins.

So a wort chiller is essential. Do you already have a 30L stock pot for the boil?

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

RasTa wrote: »
    Depends on the size of your batches I suppose but it can take a long time to cool down 19 or 23L of liquid after it's being boiling for an 60-90mins.

So a wort chiller is essential. Do you already have a 30L stock pot for the boil?

Nope. Ill get one with my next order. Handy thing about the 2 buckets I guess, I can make 2 batches of beer at the same time (assuming I have enough bottles).

Hoping I might be able to get away with icy water to cool the wort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nope. Ill get one with my next order. Handy thing about the 2 buckets I guess, I can make 2 batches of beer at the same time (assuming I have enough bottles).

Hoping I might be able to get away with icy water to cool the wort.

Stock pot alone costs €64 quid, then another €60 for a wort chiller. You could make one yourself for around €30.

Hence that BIAB kit being the nut value

Icy water is a pain in the ass.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Stock pot alone costs €64 quid, then another €60 for a wort chiller. You could make one yourself for around €30.

Hence that BIAB kit being the nut value

Wasnt going to start with a €200+ expense. Im happy to tip along and get things as I go.

Icy water is a pain in the ass.
    You're doing it wrong :pac:

Advertisement