Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory Foam dog beds

• 08-02-2015 2:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Was wanting to get a memory foam dog bed for my old spaniel. Had one ordered off mason mid-january, still hadn't been dispatched as of tonight so deleted the order.
    Saw another one on amazon a while ago, the UK company don't deliver to RoI.
    Ebay has nothing either.

Don't really want to spend more than 70euro.

ANy ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'd recommend a hi-k9 from dog food direct - my large retriever sized one was €55 so €10 off the normal price but a spaniel sized one would be smaller and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sarratt501

There is a memory foam bed on the aldi website, special buys "last chance" section for about €23euro,looks large enough for a spaniel, can't confirm quality but maybe someone else could!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Sarratt501 wrote: »
    There is a memory foam bed on the aldi website, special buys "last chance" section for about €23euro,looks large enough for a spaniel, can't confirm quality but maybe someone else could!

The foam isn't that thick (3.5cm) but the bed is large. I saw a couple in Nutgrove a few weeks ago. You could email them and ask if there's stock local to you, OP. It wouldn't hurt to take a look at it.

Alternatively, you can buy foam cut to your preferred size and covered in a protective wrap from efoam.ie. It comes in 5cm or 7cm depths. You'd need to use an outer cover from another bed/make one. As an example, one the size of my dog's bed (76x54cmx5cm) works out at €52.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

For purchases from UK, that wont ship to Ireland, you can set up a PARCEL MOTEL account. Lodge some money in the account - its €3.50 for a parcel from UK to Ireland - you supply the Parcel Motel address with your id number for the address, and its shipped to Parcel Motel in Belfast. It is then shipped to a parcel motel locker depot near you, and you go and collect it. Couldnt be easier.

We use it nearly weekly at this stage as its cheaper to go through Parcel Motel for nearly everything, especially for companies that have free postage - so it only costs €3.50 total

(apologies if you already know about Parcel Motel :o)

P.s. you could buy a memory foam mattress topper here, fold it over and put it into a cover/duvet cover or something - you could even cut it in two - on here they are around €45:

http://www.memoryfoamwarehouse.ie/memory-foam-mattress-toppers/single-memory-foam-mattress-toppers/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAr9ymBRDdqYrH6Mj5170BEiQAcRUsi_9TQiXSvbA4T1BMB0841AL3Dfq2ZTC7YW4Qo6euA0YaAk2g8P8HAQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

Great, thanks so much for your help!

Didn't realise you could buy stuff from Aldi's website?! That'll be super handy in future. That bed looks thins, but it could definitely be easily doubled over.

I always wondered how that parcel motel worked! funny enough, I work in a service station whereby parcel motel is located and always wondered how people get them delivered coz the address says Antrim on them. I didn't know how to go about setting up an account. That might be a good route to go down coz there have been other times before whereby I couldn't get stuff from the UK coz they wouldn't deliver to the Rep.

Efoam one is reasonable. Are they legit? Website doesnt look the best, but I shouldn't judge by that.

Thanks again for the info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

It doesn't have to be a dog bed, we picked up a Budda Bag on Adverts a few years back, it was 120euro (they go for 300 brand new), sure ours is a 4ft one but they're around your budget for a 3ft one, it's made of memory foam, can't get our dogs off it, and we bought it for ourselves

DSCN1600_zps2995e536.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭HarrietD

I bought 1 on Zooplus.ie last year. The larger one which I got was € 70 and there is a smaller one for €39. You can pull off the top layer and un zip the foam too. It was very robust and my dog loved it but she only lived for a few more months after I bought it so I never got to wash it fully unfortunately but I was happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lizard_Moon

I got my dog a Posture Pal from Pet Life online in the UK. There was no problem with ROI delivery. Sterling expensive now though.

http://www.petlifeonline.co.uk/?p=dog.beds.bedding#posturepal

Advertisement